TEST

First Update Following Purchase of M1

Discussion in 'Xiaomi MI-ONE(s)' started by shansen33, May 14, 2012.

1. shansen33

shansen33 Members

Hi

I have followed all instructions I can find on this site and am unable to update at all.

1. I currently have miui 2.3.5v
    2. I rebooted and wiped all data and updated partitions
    3. I downloaded 2.5.11 and sought to install update.zip first with the Updater. I got the following message:

System update failed

The error log says:

script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "mione_plus" || getprop("ro.build.product" == "mione_plus"
    assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "mione_plus" || getprop("ro.build.product" == "mione_plus"

4. I tried installing from the reboot menu and also got an error.

I have also tried both install options using two other ROM versions.

If anyone can provide insight as to what I might possibly be doing incorrectly, it would be greatly appreciated!!
  2. Google Adsense

3. blackstones

blackstones Members

Try to download again the newest version from the website and use the update function inside the recovery menu of the phone. check the md5 hash to see that your download is correct and then try again. remember to rename the update to update.zip the newest version got a different name then update.zip
  4. shansen33

shansen33 Members

I did that and again got the "Install update.zip failed!" message in the recovery menu.
  5. blackstones

blackstones Members

then download again and check that it have correct md5 and try again and see if it works.
  6. shansen33

shansen33 Members

Did it all again.

Frustrating as I have now tried other ROMs as well from other sites and get the same errors.
  7. blackstones

blackstones Members

Then go back and do every step again from the very start, formating/total wipe and the update partitions both 1 and 2 and see if that helps
  8. shansen33

shansen33 Members

I have done every step again. It seems that thismight be an issue specific to my device.

Once partitions are updated it states that they have already been updated. I have repeated this step anyway with every effort to update.

The Miui version (miuiandroid vs. stock miui) does not seem to make a difference, and neither does updating from Updater App or Recovery Menu.
  9. shansen33

shansen33 Members

OK - I think I have gotten to the bottom of it. My model is a MiOne Plus C1, the CDMA model of the phone.

So, my next question is whether anyone knows where I can get a Miui update for the CDMA model.
  10. ghostlda

ghostlda Members

well you can always try the official build from miui.com or try to the following just changing the file for the newer build , you can skip the last step.

Share Our Site