Hebrew RTLFix

I'll have a look at the libskia.so file. The one posted was taken from CM6, may be we need to pull the one from CM7...

emails still not fixed, facebook and twitter and SMS are fone now but i can find some arabic characters added 'hope to fix this'
but email is not fixed at all and characters are not connected and no RTL

Have bad news for you:
The Chinese devs have changed some files that are critical for the RTL patch, hence, for now it is not possible to create it.
I'm working behind the curtain with the original devs of the patch and will try to contact the Chinese devs and try to convince them to hard-code it into the rom (as in CM).
Can't promise anything but the fact that I'll make my best to fix the problem.

BR

Have bad news for you:
The Chinese devs have changed some files that are critical for the RTL patch, hence, for now it is not possible to create it.
I'm working behind the curtain with the original devs of the patch and will try to contact the Chinese devs and try to convince them to hard-code it into the rom (as in CM).

BR

Thanks for your effort, stick on cm7...

Have bad news for you:

BR

if they accept, would it work for Arabic as well?

if they accept, would it work for Arabic as well?
It should work perfectly for Hebrew and Arabic.
This is a new patch that should fix by 100% all the Hebrew and Arabic text problems. It is not finished yet but it will be on the coming weeks.
Once it's ready i'll pass it to the Chinese devs and lets hope they'll agree to include it to the rom. worse case we'll have to work a bit harder trying to reverse engineer it (we are working on that right now).

It should work perfectly for Hebrew and Arabic.
This is a new patch that should fix by 100% all the Hebrew and Arabic text problems. It is not finished yet but it will be on the coming weeks.
Once it's ready i'll pass it to the Chinese devs and lets hope they'll agree to include it to the rom. worse case we'll have to work a bit harder trying to reverse engineer it (we are working on that right now).

Flashed CM7 stable and Arabic works perfect everywhere :)

I don't know if what i understand is correct or not,but as i far as i understood that you ALREADY know how to fix the RTL after the devs have changes the strings but you are waiting for them to implement you fix as a permanent part of the rom itself,if that's the case and i see that it has already been a long while since we had a working RTL fix for the new roms,can you just post your fix so we can use till you get replies from the devs? that would be very much appreciated.

I don't know if what i understand is correct or not,but as i far as i understood that you ALREADY know how to fix the RTL after the devs have changes the strings but you are waiting for them to implement you fix as a permanent part of the rom itself,if that's the case and i see that it has already been a long while since we had a working RTL fix for the new roms,can you just post your fix so we can use till you get replies from the devs? that would be very much appreciated.

Sorry to tell you that you got it all wrong...
If I had the patch I would already release it.
Actually yesterday we managed to get it working but it still on beta testing so if everything goes ok I will post it tomorrow.

I am glad to hear it,let us know how it goes with the beta testing if you don't mind.
Just one more thing,does the beta version include libwebcore as well? and if you need beta testers i'll be glad to help.

I am glad to hear it,let us know how it goes with the beta testing if you don't mind.
Just one more thing,does the beta version include libwebcore as well? and if you need beta testers i'll be glad to help.

+1
10char

There is a big problem with Arabic libwebcore for miui as we need the source code to fix it. So for now there wont be Arabic libwebcore.
Once MIUI will gets final I'll try to get it working.
There's a thread at XDA for Arabic libwebcore, may be you can ask the developer to try and fix that.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=985504

Probably later today I'll post the RTLFix and the new (improved) one will probably be ready for the next version.

Well done roenano
So does that mean that in the next versions we gonna get our RTL back?
I just hope that they wouldnt mess with the wrong files again and get us through this ordeal in the future...

Have good news for you:
After some little work made by me and huge and very professional reverse engineering by Itamar (iravid) we managed to merge new code MIUI implemented on the last versions with the RTLFix.
So I'm very happy to say "we're back on tracks"!!

Please download the files on the OP

Great, the updated libraries work!

However, it seems that the update.zip script doesn't check that /system is mounted.

Great, the updated libraries work!

However, it seems that the update.zip script doesn't check that /system is mounted.

Yeah, it wont work on NS.
I've updated the NS bundle though

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App