HTC HELP: Is it required to have S-OFF to install MIUI ROM

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by barathn, Jun 25, 2012.

1. barathn

barathn Members

Hi,

I recently rooted my HTC SENSATION. Its an international version (spcifically singapore).

I rooted with hBoot 1.27 / Sensation Rom Version 3.32

Unfortunately I cannot do S-Off, after several tries since revolution doesnot support 1.27 hboot and Also tried the Juopunutbear S-OFF method, so far no success.

I TRIED TO INSTALL LATEST VERSION OF MIUI, BUT GETTING STUCK at boot screen. So is it necessary to have S-OFF. Is there any alternate way, to use MIUI with S-ON.

I have rooted, installed CWM touch 5.8.0.9.

Please help.

thank you
    Barath
  2. Google Adsense

3. iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches Script Gatekeeper Staff Member

If you don't have s-OFF, you can't flash the boot img. So flash the ROM regularly. Then reboot into bootloader (adb reboot bootloader), then have that MIUI zip on your computer.

Extract the ZIP. There will be a boot.img in the root. Take that image and flash it using fastboot.

fastboot flash boot boot.img

That'll flash the image, and stop the bootloop. Then on future releases you don't have to do this unless the kernel changes. You need Android SDK to do this.
    barathn likes this.
  4. barathn

barathn Members

Thank you iBotPeaches.. i am able to boot now.
  5. swaipa

swaipa Members

Hi, I am also at hboot 1.27. I have installed 4ext recovery instead of cwm and now I just enable 4ext smartflash by the press of a button every time I flash a new rom. Saves me a lot of time. ;-)

Share Our Site