Samsung HELP no sd card found after ICS update ?

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by oopeteroo, Apr 17, 2012.

1. oopeteroo

oopeteroo Members

did a ''my backup''
    moved everything to the extern sdcard.

was on the old GB miui
    flashed S2 ICS miui

and now i cant fint the external sdcard on the phone, not even on download-mode =/ my computer cant regonize the sd card

what to do ? help
  2. Google Adsense

3. iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches Script Gatekeeper Staff Member

Restore backup. Copy your SD card back to your computer. Go back to ICS. Then try and reformat the SD card and move the saved data back over.
  4. oopeteroo

oopeteroo Members

tried the sdcard on usb adapter, it didnt fint anything, need to format.
    and on the phone it says, sd card is blank or unsupported filsystem =/

i have many pictures and music stored on sdcard =(
  5. iBotPeaches

Did you restore back to GB? Or is that not an option?
  6. oopeteroo

oopeteroo Members

how do i do that ? i cant find the miui gb rom for s2 here so i cant download it and reflash it
  7. iBotPeaches

8. MatthewChen

MatthewChen Members

i don't think reflashing an older rom will solve the problem, but it wouldn't hurt to try :)

but in case it really doesn't work, don't fret, format the sd card using your mobile phone. after, attached the sd card to your computer via card reader, and there are plenty of application who "undeletes" the file, just be sure to restore them to a different drive to prevent the overwriting of data.

goodluck! :)
  9. oopeteroo

oopeteroo Members

10. MatthewChen

MatthewChen Members

your sd card is corrupted, thus really need to be formatted :) follow my previous post and you'll get "almost" all your files back :)
  11. oopeteroo

oopeteroo Members

you sure it works ? what program is best for the task ?
  12. MatthewChen

MatthewChen Members

yup it works, tried it multiple times, when i accidentally key in the force factory settings using dialer, all my files in internal sd was wiped clean.

there are plenty of them, recuva by piriform (free). or getdataback which is a paid one. recuva should be able to do the trick, just be sure that you'll restore them to a different drive.
  13. oopeteroo

oopeteroo Members

thx will try it out =)
  14. oopeteroo

oopeteroo Members

iam using usb adapter for the microsd, cant format it on computer =/ says there is no disc, plz insert a disc
  15. oopeteroo

oopeteroo Members

dont even know how to format it =/ on phone dont work, on computer with phone dont work. Usbadapter on computer dont work =(
    save me
  16. oopeteroo

oopeteroo Members

i really hate this, now i formated my phones external storage -.-
  17. oopeteroo

oopeteroo Members

first of all is there a way to get all the folder and files back from the galaxy s2 usb storage ? i format it on the phone and all is gone....
  18. MatthewChen

MatthewChen Members

i think your sd card is damaged. i have no solution for that problem.

you can restore them with the same procedure i posted before
  19. oopeteroo

oopeteroo Members

oki i got back mybackup root folder by getbackdata.
    flashed miui GB.
    downloaded the same mybackup from market

when i click restore->app and media-> local->my backup file-> selected restore apps and photos (cant see the list of which apps and photos) and pressed ok,

got'' could not open the android market DB for links'' and then the restart message. Nothing restored =/

u could restore ''data'' but not app and media ?
    what to do ?
  20. oopeteroo

oopeteroo Members

i think getbackdata get mybackup data corruped ? any fix or how to scan it better ?
  21. LiRoper

LiRoper Members

FIX - Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII / SPH-D710 - Broken USB External SD Card ability after Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS 4.0.4) Update.

There are a bunch of people out there trying to tell you to use phone hacks, odd settings, 3rd party applications... DON'T DO IT!!!!! Yes they changed the USB interface, but that is not what is breaking your ability to see "everything" on the SD card.

Sprint or Samsung needs to fix this, but for some reason after you accept the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS 4.0.4) Update the Samsung SPH-D710 USB Drivers are no longer auto detected when you connect your phone to your PC. You have to manually download them directly from the Samsung support page.

Here is what I did to connect to my phone as a "USB Drive"... this means I see both the phone & card options again.
    *Note this is for the Galaxy S2 D710... but you can find drivers for other S2 models on the Samsung site as well

1. Go to the Samsung support site (http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SPH-D710)
    2. Click "Manuals & Downloads"
    3. Choose "Software"
    4. Download & Install the "Device(Install),USB Driver (Software) (ver.1_3_2360_0)" onto your PC.
    - Title Sprint SPH-D710 (Epic 4G Touch) USB Driver
    - Applicable Model Sprint SPH-D710 (Epic 4G Touch) USB Driver
    - Carrier or Corporate Customer Sprint
    - Description Sprint SPH-D710 (Epic 4G Touch) USB Driver
    5. Follow USB Driver installation prompts.
    6. ReBoot your PC to make the driver active.
    7. Now connect your phone to the PC and wait for the "Connected as a media device (Touch for other USB options)" to pop-up on your top status bar.
    - Make sure "Media device (MTP)" has a "green check mark" by it.
    8. Wait for your PC to recognize the device it can take several minutes (be patient and DO NOT disconnect your phone or change options)
    - Note: One of the PC's I used made me reboot a second time after the phone was connected to activate the USB drivers. But it should prompt you if this is needed.
    9. When complete - You should see a phone icon in your My Computer screen labeled SPH-D710

I really hope that they fix this with the next update. Until then, I suggest putting the drivers on a plain ol thumb drive and keep it handy for those times when you might need to connect to another PC.

***SIDE NOTE: If you are having problems with your ICS update... Call Sprint and take it to the repair center that they recommend. Both my husband and I had to do this because the old Gingerbread and the new Ice Cream Sandwich were fighting each other for control on some things. They are able to completely wipe Gingerbread off of the phone and install Ice Cream Sandwich from scratch... This fixed our battery and connectivity issues.

Share Our Site