TEST

HTC Help with updating MIUI ROM

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by samwillc, May 4, 2012.

1. samwillc

samwillc Members

Hi everyone,

I was involved with MIUI on XDA when it first appeared and bits of it were still in Chinese! I can see now that it has become a monster! A huge, superbly great ROM of a monster!! Anyway, I am now having trouble finding a version that would suit me best as I'm lost by all the different versions. I think the best thing to do is list what I can see on my phone at the moment:

ABOUT PHONE
    Model: HTC Desire
    Android version: 2.3.7
    Baseband: 32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20
    Kernel: 2.6.37.6-cyanogenmod-g8913be8
    Build#: MIUI 2.3.2

ON POWER UP
    ---AlphaRev---
    BRAVO PVT3 SHIP S-OFF
    HBOOT: 0.93.0001
    RADIO: 5.09.00.28

I am aware of the multitude of kernels available and a lot of the stuff above is Greek to me.

1) I don't know how to replace my existing kernel.
    2) I know how to flash via SD card from the boot menu.
    3) I am using APPS2SD but still running out of memory, I saw DATA2SD but not sure if that would be included in any MIUI ROMs?
    4) Is the android version dependent on my carrier? Or is this something I can update myself?
    5) Would it be best to just download and flash latest version from http://en.miui.com/a-13.html

So, if anyone can help me in selecting what would work for me, or help clear up some of my confusion, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Sam.
  2. Google Adsense

3. benjamin336

benjamin336 Members

You where creating rom's but don't know how to flash them?

Currently Desire is no longer beeing updated and you would have to install the last version of MIUI that was made.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Share Our Site