TEST

HTC Hi Miui, Any Reason...

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by vvette, Nov 27, 2010.

1. vvette

vvette Members

Since I cant afford the Iphone plan, i love Miui as its as close to the iphone for me. Anyway, why are there so many updates in a short period of time WHEN the previous version is never fully updated (one clean install) and left with bugs in in? Why not clean, fix and make 11.26 a fully functional bug free rom BEFORE going to 12.1??? Thanks
  2. Google Adsense

3. androidfriend

androidfriend Members

MIUI isn't open source so it's hard to fix some of these bugs.
  4. Wasney

Wasney Members

Why don't you go over to the MIUI forums and ask them that?...
  5. EndlessDissent

EndlessDissent Members

From what I gather, the last few releases have been betas. In fact, I'm pretty sure they were closed betas, but markhuk (or maybe someone else?) is on the beta list or something and got them for us. So, basically, we are bug testing and helping them develop a stable release. (Anyone who knows for sure should correct me)
  6. vvette

vvette Members

Makes sense, only hope they (Miui Developers) have a goal or end date in mind. I like the rom a lot but wish for one all inclusive complete version..Then more testing! Thanks
  7. mrmylanman

mrmylanman Members

Well from what I understand they do roll in updates and things like that but bear in mind they're all the way in China, and I don't think they develop it for the EVO per se, it just gets ported to the EVO. I could be wrong on that.

But the version number is just a time stamp. 11.26 is released on 11/26, etc.
  8. EndlessDissent

EndlessDissent Members

Yeah, it's natively developed for Nexus One and Desire. We Evo owners are among the lucky few to be granted the privilege of a ported version.
  9. vvette

vvette Members

Wheeew! I would not own a Droid phone if it were not for Miui...Thanks and thanks to all who make this possible!
  10. bigrushdog

bigrushdog <b>Forum Donator</b>

Think of these weekly releases as CM6 nightly's. Eventually, there will be a Release Candidate (I hope!).

Share Our Site