Instruction, How To Flash Twrp

Papka__

Members
Mar 21, 2016
Pre-condition you know what you are doing. You unlocked bootloader and you know how to use command line.
I was not able to flash TWRP provided here. I flashed it from fastboot.

1. Download this archive https://pucina.dedyn.io:8181/data/public/f09293
2. Extract it somewhere to your PC (let's say c:\twrp, let's call it N1)
3. Connect your tab to your PC and boot into fastboot.
4. In Windows explorer, when twrp (N1) folder opened press Shift and right mouse button and select "Open command window here".
5. Run install_TWRP.bat
6. When tab re-started press volume+ and power button and hold for a 5-6 seconds.

You will enter TWRP. If this will not happen - re-do this again, because you need to get in TWRP first time after flash to "fix" it.

For those, who can't enter recovery with buttons combination - use this archive for installation:
https://pucina.dedyn.io:8181/data/public/b3984d
It should reboot into recovery after installation. Recovery is exactly the same as in item 1.
So download this and do the rest in list except item 6. Should work. All credits to clever guys, not to me.

For those, who already installed TWRP, TWRP is working and they have no other option to get into it:
Command "fastboot oem reboot recovery" will help you. For those, who don't know how to run it, please read instruction about how to fix 963 error PART2.

Last edited:
Depends on how you are going to root. If you are going to use TWRP for that - then yes.
I'm just wondered how you are going to flash ROM without TWRP.

I can not install and fastboot recognizes the terminal .. maybe you can update the guide with the new rom ?

Hi a very easy way for unlock and flash twrp is to do that with Windroid Toolkit v.3.1, everybody should do this with that. (Google it, i can't set a link here now)

Hello,

i have a problem. The commander always wait for the device...
And the Windroid Toolkit x.3.1 also didn´t find the device...
What can i do.

thx

• La vostra guida non funziona, ho mattone 2 volte e Contina non funziona ... trova gli errori perché può solo danni

Once unlocked the bootloader gives us an error ' ' CODE3 bootloader ' ' that does not allow to use the recoverymod

Pre-condition you know what you are doing. You unlocked bootloader and you know how to use command line.
I was not able to flash TWRP provided here. I flashed it from fastboot.

1. Download this archive https://pucina.dedyn.io:5001/fbsharing/MDlV6rxb
2. Extract it somewhere to your PC (let's say c:\twrp, let's call it N1)
3. Connect your tab to your PC and boot into fastboot.
4. In Windows explorer, when twrp (N1) folder opened press Shift and right mouse button and select "Open command window here".
5. Run install_TWRP.bat
6. When tab re-started press volume+ and power button and hold for a 5-6 seconds.

You will enter TWRP. If this will not happen - re-do this again, because you need to get in TWRP first time after flash to "fix" it.

i dont really understand the tab re-started phase, can you be more specific when should i try to enter to recovery and how?
"tab re-started" for me means it booted into the rom, after that holding that key combo for 5-6 seconds does nothing ...

When your tab screen will become black. Before MI logo will appear. Press and hold combination for 5 seconds, starting from time you will see MI logo on screen.

Hmm, I have MI5 - bootloader is unlocked.
I run 6.5.30 Global Developer ROM from miui.com

I wanted to install via TWRP via ADB & command, seems everything worked, but after reboot when I press Power + Volume up, it does not work. On the display the sign appears to connect the phone with a cable and after appr. 2 minutes the phone reboots itself. - any ideas?

Should I try it with this tutorial? Is the ROM ok? After installing TWRP succesfully I want to flash it to Miui 8 from xiaomi.eu 6.7.12
Would be great if you can give me some advice.

Hello,

I have the MIUI 77.0.8.0 (LXLCNCJ) Stable. This tutorial works in this rom?

after running install_TWRP.bat, after the reboot it gives the Bootloader error code 02 and i can't enter in recovery mode. I press volume UP and it enters in fastboot again.

Any help?

Last edited:
Hi, I'm unable unlock bootloader

I have a mipad2, buy from Gearbest, wiht vendor custom rom "7.3.9 global stable".
By Updater I have upgrade to official 7.5.2 global (En-Cn) and enable, from developer option, oem unlock and usb debug
But when I go in fastboot and try to Unlock the BL and flash the twrp, appare this: http://imgur.com/a/IbeQH

Try the recovery restar appare error code 2 (unable to start recovery - I think becouse the BL
is always locked). Normal restart reinstall stock recovery.
I have instal intel Android driver 1.10.0 on windows 10 64 bit.
The PC sees the tablet as mipad when plugged in fastboot.

Can you help me?

Last edited:
There's no way for me to have TWRP on Mi pad 2, i have bootloader error 2 or 3, try to restart after "flash recovery twrp.img "but always mi recovery

Unlock bootloader, installare recovery with fastboot flash etc etc, and after, type in fastboot reboot and press vol down during reboot, to prevent mipad2 to restore recovery, it's the only way...

Inviato dal mio MI PAD 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

got the same problem ERROR CODE 02.

I try since 5 days to root this pad. On the web it seems easy but i don't understand why there is ALWAYS a problem...

I've got the same problem. after flash twrp, it is impossoble to boot into recovery. im stuck in error code 2. any idea?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

It's because you should unlock tab before. If you will write "fastboot getvar all" in fastboot mode you will get "boot state: ORANGE". That's why you getting error 02.

If you will unlock device - you will get error 03 and it's fully ok. To get into recovery you can using buttons combination or command from post and pressing volume up on error 03.

Unlocking instruction:
fastboot oem unlock
then confirm unlocking, then
fastboot format data
then either
fastboot reboot
or flash TWRP as described in instruction and boot into it.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your help Papka__!!

I unlocked the tab using fastboot command and I got error 3 but I avoided it using the command «fastboot oem verified». After that I flashed twrp but it was impossible to access to that recovery using buttons combination or fastboot command «fadtboot reboot» or «fadsboot oem reboot recovery».

What i should do?

Last edited: