TEST

HTC [ISSUE RESOLVED] The Official Thread for Timestamps

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by cayniarb, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cayniarb

cayniarb Guest

So, here is the story on this problem:

When you receive a text message, or when a received message is the most recent in a conversation, look at the list of conversations in the Mms app. The timestamp will be listed in GMT.

When you respond, or look at the conversation, the timestamps will all show the local time sent/received.

As I understand it, this is not actually a bug, though many people do find it annoying. This is supposed to show a consistent time for receiving new texts, always in GMT, so that if you receive a text while on a plane, changing time zones, it removes the confusion about when it was actually sent or received.

What this thread is for:

I don't care at all about this 'problem.' So, this thread is not me supporting this issue or offering a solution. I have pulled all of the posts on this topic from various threads together here to serve as a unified discussion. If a solution arises, or a later release from MIUI fixes or changes this, I will happily change the OP or pass it off to somebody who does want to support this.

(NOTE: The 'mms.apk' that is referred to below is a reference to the one provided by Lithid in the Additions Thread. These posts were moved to here to merge the entire topic)
  2. Google Adsense

3. MrDSL

MrDSL Members

Re: Miui Additions

time in the Mms.apk ?

Do you mean it will show timestamps for every txt message?
  4. Ayala

Ayala Members

flashed mms and it didn't get rid of the phantom notification :(
  5. Scottndville

Scottndville Members

I cant even download it. I was able to download other of his files but not this one, neither would download. My phone and my laptop.
  6. lithid

lithid Regular user

try it again... it does indeed work
  7. lithid

lithid Regular user

Downloads are working fine from here... they are also working fine from work. That might be a local isp issue then.
  8. samsfamous

samsfamous Members

how do u flash the mms.apk?
  9. lithid

lithid Regular user

Recovery

unless your talking about the apk itself

Code:
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    cp Mms.apk /system/app/
    reboot
  10. Ayala

Ayala Members

does the mms fix work for anyone (does it get rid of this annoying phantom notification?)
  11. lithid

lithid Regular user

Its working for me. Nandroid backup. If it doesn't work revert back... no loss
  12. Ayala

Ayala Members

well I don't need to revert as no harm was done. however the notification problem persists :(
  13. lithid

lithid Regular user

Go into your phones terminal app or adb shell:

Code:
    sh-3.2# md5sum /system/app/Mms.apk
    md5sum /system/app/Mms.apk
    b37c7aa27e2a505ba5d010a4d249121f  Mms.apk
    See if your md5sum is the same as mine. If your md5sum doesn't match then your not using the older mms.apk. let me know! more then happy to troubleshoot.
  14. Ayala

Ayala Members

it does match :(
  15. lithid

lithid Regular user

That is weird I just flashed the stock check with google voice. saw the ghost notification. Flashed the Mms.apk rebooted then it was fixed... That is strange, is anyone else seeing that the Mms.apk isn't working?
  16. Ayala

Ayala Members

fyi... the only thing that ever worked for me was the first 11.5 test build that bcnice posted last friday (the one with the wierd black clock widget), though sadly I lost that zip
  17. lithid

lithid Regular user

I am wiping and redoing the process once more to make sure i am not crazy lol. Ill be back with resaults
  18. lithid

lithid Regular user

Yup Every single time I have tried it works. How about starting over?
  19. Ayala

Ayala Members

I did but what exactly are we talking about because the phantom notification I have is a "New Voicemail (1)" notification that is stuck. Plus i use Sprint vvm not GV (I don't like GV).
  20. ProfKP

ProfKP Members

+1 - works perfect..
  21. lithid

lithid Regular user

Then we are talking about two different things. Those sprint messages... i know nothing about. I use google voice so i don't see that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share Our Site