HTC [( JELLY BEAN )] [MIUI JB - 2.12.14_v2] - [DISCONTINUED]

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by the_maker, Jan 17, 2012.

1. ricky

ricky Members

when is the video camera going to work?
  2. the_maker

the_maker DHD Forum Moderator

I think Internet pass-through in ICS MIUI is no go so far. If it will be available i can not tell. Sorry..

And yes, this rom is becoming perfect, just like GB times :)
  3. the_maker

The video will be available when the kernel will be relesed from HTC as a source. Then, with the official update of ICS for DHD, everything will be better than perfect :) Until then, nothing...

Temporary solution is to use Illusion Camera from the Play Store to record video, but in low resolutions still..
  4. Per Bøvensen

Per Bøvensen Members

Bug 1:
    Settings->About Phone->Systemupdate :
    Unfortunately. Settings has stopped.

Bug 2:
    Start app -> start recording:
    Internal applikation error.

Otherwise, nice job, I love it :)
  5. the_maker

Glad you like it ;)

1. The OTA update does not work. The dev has to implement it, but it needs a whole system for it. Ftp servers running full time, one or more helping hands and a working system for it, as far as i know. Dekkyy has to answer if it is possible for this rom to do it, but i hardly believe it..

2. You mean Voice recorder? Or Video? Voice should be fine, video is buggy. It can be kernel related, but give me more details..
  6. tomashley

tomashley Members

Hello

First of all can I say what a great job you guys are doing here! I flashed miui for the
    first time a couple of weeks ago and i've been really impressed with the
    well-thought-through-ness of the rom and how everything hangs together. Plus it looks
    sweet!

However, I was wondering if anyone could help. I'm getting an automatic restart 1 or 2
    times a day, seemingly at random. I did a factory reset, wiped the dalvick cache and ran the wipe script from the first page when I flashed it. I also didnt restore any app info from the backup (only system info - is that ok?).

I've got the latest rom (2.5.11) and the latest kernel (9.7.3-ICS-CFS). Also, when it does the reset, the message about needing to restart to access the network shows up (but doesn't seem to mean anything as I just press back and carry on as normal).

Any thoughts?
    Thanks
  7. EboniLM

EboniLM Members

I think you did it backwards, backing up apps is okay, but in order to ensure a clean flash, youre not supposed to backup and restore the system apps. I've learned this the hard way lol.

[Sent from my HTC Inspire via Tapatalk using Swiftkey 3 Beta. Pardon errors.]
  8. the_maker

Thanks for the kind words, the MIUI is really a brilliant android OS. And yes, EboniLM is right. The problem is that system files change from build to build. So in order not to mess up the system, i always recommend not to restore system settings and/or other system data from previous build. Can you try to flash the rom like you did with a full wipe in advance and don't restore anything that has to do with the system, only apps that you have, and report back.
  9. tomashley

tomashley Members

Ok thanks for your quick responses!

I'm going to reflash and just restore app data rather than system data then. I'll let you know if it fixes it.

Thanks again!
  10. Asmooh

Asmooh Members

Hi,

I just installed it (few mins ago)
    How long is the first boot?

Btw what i did:

- Boot into normal recovery
    - Factory reset-
    - Boot into clockwork
    - Mount /system
    - Select update from sd card
    - Wait
    - Reboot

waiting for more than 10 mins now
  11. the_maker

Hmmm, there is only one recovery (either cwm or other), so what you should do is:
    1. Boot into recovery
    2. Format all partitions (except sdcard) + factory reset
    3. Or, flash FULL WIPE.zip script from the OP in recovery
    4. Choose install .zip from the location where you copied it on the sd card
    5. Reboot and voila :)
  12. the_maker

Hmmm, there is only one recovery (either cwm or other), so what you should do is:
    1. Boot into recovery
    2. Format all partitions (except sdcard) + factory reset
    3. Or, flash FULL WIPE.zip script from the OP in recovery
    4. Choose install .zip from the location where you copied it on the sd card
    5. Reboot and voila :)
  13. EboniLM

EboniLM Members

... is 2.5.18 going to be released for Dhd/inspire?

14. the_maker

Yes, today most probably..

And, as dekkyy informed me, probably this will be he's last MIUI rom for DHD. He sold the DHD and bought a One X. I sold mine 1 week ago, and also joined the HOX community :)

Sorry to bring you this news, dekkyy has been making pretty good and solid builds. Anyway, if we push him ;) maybe he will make some more roms for your pleasure in future too.. Who knows, but so far, without the relased official ICS for DHD and Inspire 4G by HTC, it will be less progress. This rom is stable for daily use and makes no problems, but stuff like video recording is still a no go..

I won't be leaving this thread, and if a get some news will update. Expect new build today or latest tomorrow. All the best to dekky, and maybe we all see each other if he builds a MIUI for One X :)
  15. ricky

ricky Members

videocam illusion isn´t working in my phone. what can i do? it have solution? is there any other app?
  16. EboniLM

EboniLM Members

read the thread. video recording is NOT working yet, probably never will.

17. the_maker

Guys, new build is up. Enjoy it :)
  18. tomashley

tomashley Members

Ok so did all of the wipes and didn't restore system info (only app info) and... rom seems to still crash one or two times a day. Apart from the crashes its supper fast and stable.

Think I'll try the latest build/kernel and not restore any info (neither app nor system) and see how that works. If I doesn't then I guess its a case of trial and error on a dodgy app?
  19. EboniLM

EboniLM Members

thank you! I'm sad that you guys arent making anymore roms for DHD/Inspire :(

20. the_maker

:) Yes, try different kernel it can make a big difference if you have problems. And yes again, it can be a dodgy app too.. Since the MIUI no longer makes DHD roms, this hybrid systems can not be perfect all the time. And since me and dekkyy don't have the phones anymore to test them in advance, it all comes to trial and error.

But, we will try to support our "baby" DHD :) for as long as we can, that i can tell you..
    tomashley likes this.

Share Our Site