TEST

HTC [( JELLY BEAN )] [MIUI JB - 2.12.14_v2] - [DISCONTINUED]

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by the_maker, Jan 17, 2012.

1. the_maker

the_maker DHD Forum Moderator

Did you choose a different language? this has been a problem of some sort for the email app.. Don't know why but some users experience it.. Anyway, the new build should address that issue :)
  2. EboniLM

EboniLM Members

hey, would anyone have an idea why my gps for Facebook all of a sudden stopped working? I'm sure if it's rom related or not...

It used to work just fine and allow me to check on the Facebook app and it would show my location at the end of my status. now gps won't work for my facebook app at all. BUT, my gps works just fine for everything else. my gps even works just fine for Facebook mobile, and i'd just use that, but the facebook mobile site is unbelievably unresponsive. O_O I'm afraid I may have accidentally denied the FB app the permission to find my location...is there a way to reverse this? :(
  3. iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches Script Gatekeeper Staff Member

Go into LBE_SEC and find the Facebook app and click on it. It will list all the permissions where you can change them and what not.
  4. EboniLM

EboniLM Members

ahhh, LBE Guard. never knew what that was before now. thanks!!!

[Sent from my HTC Inspire via Tapatalk using Swiftkey 3 Beta. Pardon errors.]
  5. ricky

ricky Members

there will no more updates of the rom?
  6. the_maker

Yeap. Dekkyy announced yesterday that he has no more time and resources to develop his MIUI rom for the DHD. Sorry to inform you guys, but the development is stopped. It was our great enthusiasm to keep the MIUI story up to date with our beloved DHD, but since dekkyy sold the DHD (me too couple of weeks ago) and we both went to the HTC One X bunch, there is no more device to test on and time to spare on it.

I will speak to Mark what can we do about this issue, i would like to keep this great community as updated as possible. But, the options are limited and that is certain. I'll inform you about the unfolding of the future of this thread very soon.

Again, i'm very sorry that this RD MIUI has come to an end, it was a great pleasure providing you with all the stuff that has been to my disposal. And as you know i'm not a developer, just a heavy user that gives back to the community what the community gave me ;)

If someone wants to try and maintain the further development of this rom, i'm sure that dekkyy can provide him with all the info and help needed to begin the road trip :)
  7. ricky

ricky Members

many thanks, the ROM is amazing and it's a shame to stop being updated, and all I can say is you have done an excellent job with this ROM and thank you very much for creating it. Sorry for my English, but I'm Spanish and I do not speak English very well
  8. the_maker

Thanks mate, i'm very sorry that this great story has to stop, but that is the reality :)
  9. dekkyy

dekkyy Members

If anyone is interested and has at least little knowledge with logcat and recompiling .jar files i would be glad to help him.
  10. EboniLM

EboniLM Members

:'(((((((((((

11. Rooter

Rooter Members

is the 2.6.1 test. zip file on Dekkyy's download site a use able option? I see it will probably be the last build available, anyway thanks for the hard work and time that’s been put in to bringing us these rom's , I for one will miss them.
  12. the_maker

It was intended for test purposes.. If you want to try just test it and post results here. Maybe dekkyy can try to do something about that ;)
  13. dekkyy

dekkyy Members

Yes, it was ment for test, but it will not boot.
  14. EboniLM

EboniLM Members

does anyone know if there's a way to disable the icon labels?

i attempted copying the MIUIHOME. apj from the sgs miui rom, but it wouldnt work and sent me into an endless bootloop.

15. EboniLM

EboniLM Members

anyone?

16. dekkyy

dekkyy Members

It cannot be disabled.
  17. EboniLM

EboniLM Members

bollocks.

18. the_maker

:) if they can make a rom for every taste, they would need 1.000.000 engineers and 1$ bill for R&D ... :D
  19. iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches Script Gatekeeper Staff Member

I said to myself I would continue this. Seeing as I own a DHD, but I just have no time.
  20. ScOut3R

ScOut3R Members

I'm thinking the same. I have a DHD too and i'm not planning to sell it. I also have some spare time but i haven't made a custom rom yet so i don't know anything about the cooking part. If dekky could spare some time to give me/us some directions i might give it a try.

Share Our Site