TEST

HTC [( JELLY BEAN )] [MIUI JB - 2.12.14_v2] - [DISCONTINUED]

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by the_maker, Jan 17, 2012.

1. KVR

KVR Members

hei ya, sorry I tried v2 and commented. music is fine in the v3.

3 issues I noticed with v3

1. Mobile is getting restarted once in a while
    2. When I try "System Update" button the "About Phone" It throws error and "settings" is closed.
    3. WiFi is disabled when the mobile is restarted.

Thanks for the prompt responses and the updates. I love MIUI
  2. the_maker

the_maker DHD Forum Moderator

@KVR, first question did you do full wipe prior to flashing or you just cleared caches??

1. The bad flash process (or in proper) can be the casue for restarts. .So far it did not happen to me, or to many users. It can be a problem usually solved by just reflashing the ROM (there is a script for deleting dalvik and phone cache)
    2. The update function doesn't work at this stage, since the cook has to implement update services, or someone else like miuiandroid.com has to do that..
    3. That is also strange problem. Try as of point 1 to do a new install, or just install over the current instalation..

I hope some problems will be solved with this steps.. Please report after doing them..
    Thanks for trying ICS, it is a good step forward, trust me :)
  3. KVR

KVR Members

I guess I got confused with this restart issue. Actually the phone hanged, not restarted automatically. I removed the dalvik & phone cache before flashing the ROM. But I took a backup of my applications and restored them after flashing. Especially Viber & VoipBuster. I doubt these may cause some problem. So, I removed them and installed again. If the phone hangs again, I shall try to find out the reason and inform you team.

BTW, I don't know this might be a right place to ask this question. You know, Indic font rendering issue remains with Android. Now They rectified in the ICS webkit. But in the other places like address book and else, the rendering is not done yet. Is there any possibility to work on that issue? Or, do u have any idea, where to find the fix for it. Some of the samsung models show the indic fonts with proper rendering in GB itself. So, I wanted to know what type of rendering they use in their phones and how to implement the same in DHD too.

Thank you.
  4. the_maker

KVR, if you continue to face reboots or freezes, then flash this FULL WIPE script (in recovery) prior to ROM installation, and then without leaving the recovery flash the ROM zip. Please note that due to the huge differences from GB and ICS you must not restore system data of any app.. Or simply install the most used apps from the market, since most of them already have new versions that work properly on ICS.

And for the indic rendering issues, so far i doubt that any ICS rom has that fixed. Is has been done for the Japanese, Chines and Korean fonts and languages, but not for yours. I will do a little reseasch and post my findings here.

Hope this helps somehow :)

Attached Files:

5. KVR

KVR Members

hei ya, i removed the applications and installed from the market. So far, no restart or freeze.

regarding indic, it will be great if you come up with some ideas. thanks again
  6. the_maker

glad to hear that :)

i will tell you about my findings these days..
  7. KVR

KVR Members

Noticed one bug (may not be a bug too). While I receive the calls, if the number is with ISD code and the person who calls from local, it doesn't show the name of the person.

For ex, the number I stored in the Address book as +966xxxxxxxxxx and the person is calling, the phone displays 0xxxxxxxxxx instead of his name.
  8. KVR

KVR Members

I have disabled the "Spelling suggestions" in the Language & Inout, yet it's suggesting me while typing the SMS. Possible to fix it?
  9. the_maker

You have an option in dialer settings to disable the country code to be shown. This will show the originally stored contact number.

But, in messaging, there is still a bug when the contact is unrecognizable (if it is not with the complete country code) and only shows number. This will be fix in the new miui base.

And about the spelling, you have to disable it in two places, on is in LANGUAGES & INPUT, and the other is when you click on the keyboard settings button you will see a TEXT CORRECTION section and disable it there too..
  10. the_maker

NEW Version is up. Enjoy it!
  11. the_maker

Fixed small bugs with su and status bar.. New v3 should be fine. Flash and report :)
  12. HarryG

HarryG Members

Great ROM!! one problem though, cant see the notification bar, i mean, no time, no notification icons, i wonder if there is something in the setting that i need to alter
  13. the_maker

No, just flash the v3 which i posted today. It has fixed all the status bar and wallpaper issues :)
  14. anta40

anta40 Members

How to enable root on this ROM?
    I need to access a directory within /data
  15. the_maker

If you have installed it, then root it enabled by default. You should use a file explorer lise ES Explorer and enable root option. Then enable mount system as read/write. The go to the "/" root of the device and choose to do what ever you like.

Just be cautious, you can damage your system if you modify or delete/add files. Be sure you know what are you doing.. :)
  16. anta40

anta40 Members

Hi,
    Hmm thanks for the info. I don't know ES Explorer could do that.
    Anyway, since root is enabled by default, so I just used su and copied some files to /data via Terminal Emulator

:)
  17. the_maker

Yeap, you can always use terminal commands :) but, in ES you have that option in settings, just enable it. Then go to top-left icon "favorites" and press on "/". .That is the root on your phone.. After that is up to you :)
  18. niffnaff279

niffnaff279 Members

Camera works????
  19. the_maker

Yes, but you have to use angel camera from the market, it is free. In the second post you can read the guide on how to make it work 100%. The stock camera has glitches on the top left corner.

The new version of the rom will come with great improvements in the camera. But when i don't know, there are some bugs still. You can check this version if you want to try the MIUI goodness :) it is worth it..
  20. the_maker

NEW build is up. The best MIUI ICS rom so far. Many improvements and the stock camera works flawlessly :)

Please test and report if there is any issue.. Happy flashing!

Share Our Site