HTC [( JELLY BEAN )] [MIUI JB - 2.12.14_v2] - [DISCONTINUED]

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by the_maker, Jan 17, 2012.

1. the_maker

the_maker DHD Forum Moderator

Hi, as i read you figured it out in the end. It is a flashable zip as we say. Glad it worked out :)
  2. EboniLM

EboniLM Members

Didn't have to do a full wipe...yet. wifis been working fine. It seems to only work when it wants to.

But I have a bigger issue. This happened once before, but I ignored it. But it just happened again. Sometimes, when I click a link from inside an app, ie Twitter or Tapatalk the browser opens up but it's just a black screen as if it's unresponsive. Then my phone just restarts itself.

It's not as if the browser has 637393 tabs open and is overworking. In both incidents I've only had 1 or two tabs open.

[Sent from my HTC Inspire via Tapatalk 2.0 :) Pardon errors.]
  3. the_maker

This never hapened so far.. Yet, not wiping old installations prior to flashing could be still the problem. Try to clear the data on the browser, and check again. If you still have the same issue, you may have to make a clean install again.. Sorry :)
  4. daroltidan

daroltidan Members

well same thing... once a day i receive a popup that a new simcard has been inserted into phone..need to restart...i restart it..but i need to restart it 4 times for my phone contacts and messages to work.

also...when i shut down the phone...it restarts...

did a full whipe twice...same thing happens ... only with this rom :)
    the rom is great...smooth and good looking but this is very annoying
  5. the_maker

For the problem with "new sim card inserted" i don't know why it shows, it should be ok with this new build. Did you try to delete your google account and re-add it? If not, try to do that.. Otherwise there is nothing to do except tell you to try and reinstall with full wiping in advance, and NOT restore any system files or apps..

For the reboot-instead-of-power off try one of the new kernels from OP, like 9.5 BFS or CFS.. Then, report here the results..
  6. daroltidan

daroltidan Members

Well the thing is when i install a new rom i don't restore anything... is just install the apps all-over again
    i've removed the account and re-add it again...still the same... it's not that big of an issue because i'm restarting the phone once a day... and this happens once...or twice a day..
  7. the_maker

I really don't know, since here all is working ok and i tried to reproduce the problem you have, but with no success..

Try to flash different kernels, like 9.4.1 CFS, since the BFS is included in the ROM by default i think, or the new 9.5 CFS or BFS..

I have an issue since the first flash, and everytime i reboot the phone it tells me to move the data to SDCard. I can not get rid of that either, and no one else has that issue :) So, beta is beta.. But improving the right way ;)
  8. the_maker

Here is a solution someone tried and it worked. Maybe you will be lucky to keep those contacts onboard :)

delete google account
    clear contact data
    reboot
    add google account
  9. EboniLM

EboniLM Members

Okay, at at this point, every time I open a link from an app, the browser crashes.

When you say to do a full wipe and fresh install...that means I'd lose all of my stuff right? Since you said not to restore anything? Does that include my pictures, contacts, and texts?

10. the_maker

When you formal all your data and other partitions, it means you delete all of the OS parts. The SD Card remains untouched. The contacts should be backed up automatically by your google account. If not, then just export contact data from your people app and it will be as one .vcf file for further use. Then when you install new rom, just open people app and import one file contacts. For the texts, there are plenty of options on the Play Store, including MIUI's own backup, which can be usefull. But, bear in mind that if you get FC after restoring contacts from MIUI backup, you will have to clear the data and try again.

And i said don't restore any system data or apps, since most of them are changed from one build to another. Just restore your user applications and some other non-system related content.

But, in order to reprot bugs and to test the new build, you have to make full wipe and a clean install. This is the beta procedure! And trust me, like this you will have minimum, if any, problems with your phone :)
  11. EboniLM

EboniLM Members

So, is there's a full wipe script in the zip right? So all I have to do is flash that, Then flash the rom and reboot?

12. the_maker

Yeap, flash the .zip, then without exiting Recovery flash the rom and reboot.. And voila :) Then please, report your new rom if it behaves better, or has the same bugs..
  13. EboniLM

EboniLM Members

I flashed the wipe script, then the from, and everything seems to be fine. I only backed up my 8-10 non-system apps and the only system apps I backed up was Messages and Notes.

The browser has been working like a charm, and is opening twitter links breezily.

I feel as if everything is cleaner and fresher now lol...feels good. Thanks guys!

14. the_maker

You are welcome, glad you did it :) That is the difference, and why we always say, between having a clean system and some upgraded beta..
  15. EboniLM

EboniLM Members

Is it already a known bug that the camera doesnt work? I keep getting a "camera is not responding" popup.

Also, is there a way to alphabetize the apps in the folders like gingerbread? If so, i cant seem to find it.

I hate being so annoying :(

16. the_maker

No problem :) First, the camera works as it should. The camcorder is not functional. If you have problems with the stock camera app, go to apps and clear camera data, it should work. You are among the rare users that have problems with camera. Did you install any camera software?

The apps can not be re-arranged in the folders, yet. We have to wait for miui to implement that feature in ICS.. :(
  17. daroltidan

daroltidan Members

with this version..everything is smooth and working...well except the camcorder and ota updates...but i really don't need them..no more bugs
    good job on this one :D
  18. the_maker

Thanks, glad you enjoy it :)
  19. Alex Chiu

Alex Chiu Members

hows the 2.4.20 build? i played around with the 2.3.13 for a lil bit. Whilst i love the slickness of the new UI i felt the ICS build to be kinda buggy and quite unoptimised. I really dislike the new browser, seems to gltich out if i try to do anything. and the camera just felt unresponsive.

can anyone tell me if the new new build has fixed these problems otherwise i'll just stick to GB
  20. the_maker

So far all perfect.. :) just try it, and follow the instructions posted in these last pages or from the OP. Post your experience later..

Share Our Site