LG Just coming up "LG" then black, LG again - nothing else.

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by Phil K, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Phil K

Phil K Members

Just repeating over and over again, not going onto the phone itself. I have tried to update to MIUI 2.2.24 and everything seemed to be going well. Using the rom manager. Now disaster.
    Have I bricked it ? Should I be doing something else ? Its been flashing between LG and a black screen for 5 minutes solid now. Surely that not right ?
  2. Google Adsense

3. Phil K

Phil K Members

Tried again, got up to a MIUI homescreen, but....it just flashes over and over again on THAT.
  4. Phil K

Phil K Members

Tearing my hair out. Can anyone help ? Surely, the MIUI screen shouldn't just be flashing on and off doing nothing ?|
  5. iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches Script Gatekeeper Staff Member

That would be a bootloop. The GB ROMs are very stable and a boot-loop doesn't seem possible. Though, its not the best choice. You can always reboot to recovery using your button combo during a restart or "adb reboot recovery" and then do a System Reset and wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache.

This will insure a clean ROM, and then you can flash 2.2.24. I have friends running this build and it didn't bootloop their device, so it must be some strange problem with your device. NOTE: Doing that System Reset will basically reset everything, but your sd card. So hopefully your contacts and what not are backed up to Google.
  6. Phil K

Phil K Members

Whew. Thanks - got my LG back, albeit without everythjing. Hang on. Its crashed twice in the 5 minutes since it finally booted up. Both times,m screen froze, and I hate to remove the battery.
    Not a good start. It seems that whenever I put the PC connection in the bottom of the phone, LG pc studio doesnt pick it up, doesn't see the phone, and when I remove the cable, it crashes the screen.
  7. Phil K

Phil K Members

Got it going, now the only irritants are LG PC Suite won't "see" my phone now whereas it did before, and my PC doesn't seem to want to install the drivers, either.

Share Our Site