K20 Pro Sound Issues

elysion

Members
Jul 24, 2019
Is anyone else experiencing sound/microphone issues on the latest ROM? YouTube gets very laggy, no sound and no mic, reboot sometimes helps but not always. Had viper4android and FDE.AI installed but uninstallation with dirty flash didn't help. Could this be a bug?

Reactions: Marker0601
Yes. The same here. Its got somethiig to do with some google services. noticed that problem occurs after playing with google assistant. Mic stops workind and also top speaker (when on call, the caller cant hear me nor I can hear him unless swith to loud speaker then I hear him but he still cannot hear me). Also sometimes when this problem occurs video playback (youtube, facebook, www etc) lags and no sound. Restart helps for some time until google voice services are used again (voice search, maps, assistant etc)

Reactions: joy427 and elysion
As I collected from other K20 Pro Forum, the reason of sound issue is Gooogle Assistant. Till now the method is Root your device then freeze google assistant for the smoothly working of the device.

Reactions: elysion and joy427
As I collected from other K20 Pro Forum, the reason of sound issue is Gooogle Assistant. Till now the method is Root your device then freeze google assistant for the smoothly working of the device.

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, freezing Google Assistant seemed to help for only a short while. Would you mind sharing the link to the other forum please?

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, freezing Google Assistant seemed to help for only a short while. Would you mind sharing the link to the other forum please?
Please note that the group is local group (Vietnamese community)

They just shared the new way to solve this issue. Let format data ( in TWRP ) after flash EU rom.
Here is the sequences:

4 wipe ( cache, dalvik, system, data)
flash rom EU
2 wipe ( cache, dalvik )
format data
reboot system

In fact, I do not try due to i am in India Rom

I resolved my issue with this manual, works flawlessly with viper4android mod:

Same bugs here. I managed to get most fixed. I thought I fixed all of the issues, and everything worked perfectly for a few days, but yesterday I got the no voice during call bug and had to restart.
What you have to do is install Magisk via recovery. You can find the links in the xda forums. Then, reboot, go to Magisk manager app, downloads, and look for the following modules:
- Audio Compatibility Patch - most important one;
- Audio Modification library;
- Viper4android FX.
Install these. Most likely, the first module will solve the problem with audio missing from YouTube, Spotify, or all other apps.
The bug regarding no voice or mic during calls seems to be caused by Google Assistant. After yesterday, I disabled Google assistant via settings and everything has been fine.
However, I cannot guarantee the issue will not recur. You will not be able to use Google assistant, but I haven't been able to make it work anyway.

Edit:

Credit goes to Adavius

Last edited:
Hello i had the audio problems with the last stable and the beta 01/08. After several tests (viper, uninstall google assistant, etc) i went crazy and finally solved by installing the global Indian.
The problems have completely disappeared.
Has anyone with the beta of August 8 encountered the problems described above?

Inviato dal mio Redmi K20 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk