Kernels for Nexus S

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by ecclesiatic, Apr 7, 2011.

1. ecclesiatic

ecclesiatic Members

Can anyone recommend any kernels for Nexus S that especially optimize/extend battery life.
    Pleeeeze.

Sent from my Google Nexus S using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  2. Google Adsense

3. paul77

paul77 Members

+1 for the above, works a treat and has voodoo sound and BLN added

Sent from my Nexus S using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  4. ecclesiatic

ecclesiatic Members

Thanks muchly!

5. ecclesiatic

ecclesiatic Members

I read in XDA that BLN only works in CM7 and not in miui.
    How do I go about this? What apps do I need (besides BLN thingy from Market)?

6. paul77

paul77 Members

Miui is based on CM7 so you just need the kernel above and the BLN market app. Sometimes I find that you need to reboot for the BLN settings to take affect but otherwise I haven't had any problems.

7. Ltrademark

Ltrademark Members

unfortunately

Have just flashed Netarchy 1.3.0.2 as well as 1.3.0.4 and both resulted in total failure. I'm running MIUI 1.4.8 and the one thing I needed, it turned off; It seemed in both instances to not be able to connect to WiFi, and weirdest part is that it was actually killing battery life as opposed to improving it.

I understand MIUI is based on CM7, but i think certain tweaks significantly derives it from the CM7 it was meant to work on. I don't know, just my thoughts. and a heads up to any users thinking about updating their Kernel to netarchy. I'm going to update my MIUI and see if that makes a difference, but if it doesn't, then off to another (hopefully BLN enabled) Kernel I go~

-L
  8. rikardo1979

rikardo1979 Members

I've tested Netarchy Nexus - 1.3.0.7-cfs-2.3.3 (CM7 Compatible) and i can confirm its working fine ;)
    Also Voodoo CTR working fine with it so good news for users with I9020 SAMOLED
    :cool:
  9. ruthless10001

ruthless10001 Members

Hi everybody, I am using Netarchy 1.3.6 cfs universal with 1.7.1 but i am suffering from an extreme lag. At first it was really good everything was perfect then the lags start and somethimes killing apps make it dissappear but now it also doesnt work. I had the same thing with last weeks build also... Anybody else has this issue?

And one last thing should we use the universal kernels or the stock ones? because before i started to use Netarchy i was using jame bond kernel for stock roms and it was perfect i never had an issue...
  10. ece

ece Members

11. weaversbrook

weaversbrook Members

I am usining air kernel v3.9.5 with NStools on sio and smartassv2 good battery life
    air_kernel_v3.9.5_voodoo_colors.zip
    air_kernel_v3.9.5_voodoo_colors.zip
  12. jean-paul

jean-paul Members

13. Jonas Hendrickx

Jonas Hendrickx Members

Download Air Kernel 4.4 Stable

It's extremely fast. Works even well with the 800mhz cap. If you want you can undervolt it.
  14. Corelmen

Corelmen Members

Share Our Site