Launcher Mod weekly updates.

Discussion in 'MIUI Mods' started by boystuff, Oct 28, 2011.

1. rnzler

rnzler Members

This bug is the only reason I don't use the launcher mod.

Ever since it first came out... I've had that issue. I pm'd andy a logcat a wile ago, never got a reply. Just figured andy was really busy.

Oh well, no worries. Andy's wallet has BAMF on it, and I know he'll figure it out.

I'll be all over this mod when he does!

Thank you andy for all of your hard work.
    ...sick balls!
  2. madrano

madrano Members

any change 5x5 nhs 1.12.2 ?
  3. Mysterio33

Mysterio33 Members

Where is the "weekly update"?? I need this awesome mod for MIUI 1.12.2 soooo hard!!! pleease update :)) thxx
    btw: is it possible to do a 4x4 NHS version?
  4. TtWEAK

TtWEAK Members

People have real lives. It's the one caveat of the Internet.

Tap'd via SGS + MIUI
  5. il Duce

il Duce Members

you know, the launcher andy uses in the ES zip simply creates a new page when the last homescreen is full. this one does not, or it tries, and there's a typo or a bug in the code for that, so it FCs.So in theory, if you just copied the code from the other launcher that creates a new page, it would solve the issue. That sounds too easy, so it's probably not it, was just thinking .... lol
  6. Andy Thomson

Andy Thomson Staff Developer

If only it was that simple!! LOL
    The locat you gave me was helpful but the trouble is I still can't replicate the issue. I can install apps with all my homescreen full without an FC. Until I can replicate it, I have no idea whether the changes I'm making are doing any good? I'm not giving up though, I'll work on it whenever I have time..
  7. Ronan191

Ronan191 Members

Any update for 1.12.2 with hotseat?
  8. ldelossa.ld

ldelossa.ld Members

Hey guys I flashed the latest 5x4 WHS on my sensation, the hot seat rises up to over 3/4s of the screen and i cannot do anything about it, is there anywayw to fix that
  9. Ronan191

Ronan191 Members

Where are the weekly updates?

Without 5x4 Mod with hotseat Miui looks bad on qhd!
  10. koipond

koipond Members

1.12.2 please...
  11. ldelossa.ld

ldelossa.ld Members

lol 1.12.9 more like it it seems like the dev is so close too, the only problem is the disproportion of the hot seat.
  12. Ronan191

Ronan191 Members

How to create such a mod? Is it difficult? Where can we find a "how-to" ? We need (weekly) updates!
  13. gil.haz

gil.haz Members

what about 1.12.9??
  14. Ronan191

Ronan191 Members

Andy can´t you make such a mod for us with hotseat? It seems that we will not get it otherwise :-(
  15. Andy Thomson

Andy Thomson Staff Developer

Here you go....Launcher MODS

If anyone gets the dreaded FC when installing an App I'd really appreciate it if you tell me exactly what you did to get the issue. I'm still trying to replicate it so I can test some potential fixes..

Thanks..
  16. riaan0010

riaan0010 Members

Hi Andy.

thank you sir
  17. Mysterio33

Mysterio33 Members

BIG THX for the update!!

I had the FC prob in 1.11.4 too -> Installed a new Rom with 1.11.4 on XperiaX10 (rooted, bootloader unlocked), installed all Apps etc... After that I discovered your awesome mod, flashed it, everything was working fine. Except installing a new App. As I downloaded the App from Market (was an german Mail-App), and my x10 finished to install it, the FC appears and I couldn't get into the launcher.. -.- Only way to get out of this was through a backup in xrec.. Because I didn't want to do another backup, I didn't tested it with non-market-apps..

Will test now everything with 1.12.9, reports come soon :)
  18. Mysterio33

Mysterio33 Members

I HAVE SOLVED THE FC-PROBLEM.. at least for me in 1.12.9 :)

the problem is, when an app gets installed, the launcher tries/forces to place the icon on the last side of your homescreen.. more precisely in the top left corner.. if this isn't free it FC.. AND the bottom right corner must be free! otherwise it FC too.. don't know why, but I reproduced this issue many times.. so -> if you want to install a new app -> make sure your top-left-corner and bottom-right-corner on your last homescreen is free!
    andy maybe you can get the launcher to place the icon on the next free space, not on the last side?! :)
    sry for my english..
    btw: if you have the launcher-FC you can still call the app-manager and uninstall the app you wanted to install .. so you don't need to restore .. lol why I havent noticed this earlier..

hope it helps :)
  19. ldelossa.ld

ldelossa.ld Members

Also this launcher seems to have the bottom column a little to low so that some widgets start ave overlapped by the hot seat. Is that an easy fix? And is anyone else experiencing this overlap on qHD devices?
  20. Ronan191

Ronan191 Members

Thx Andy!! You are the best!

Is it optimized for qhd?

Share Our Site