Mi 4c Twrp 3.0.0 (cofface)

nicoff

Members
Oct 7, 2015
Xiaomi MI 4C TWRP Recovery 3.0.0
All credits to Cofface

Recommended with MIUI

I'll try to keep this thread up-to-date, but please refer to original chinese thread for latest recovery updates and download links.
P.S. any improvement suggestion for this translation from chinese is welcome!

Original threads from miui.com:
- Mi 4c TWRP 3.0.0
- Mi 4c TWRP 2.8.7.0

Latest update 2016-03-24
- Improved removal of boot verify patch to solve bootloop bug after flashing MIUI Official ROM;
- Removed BOOT Advanced Options to improve verification options;

Features

TWRP Cofface version

1) Based on the latest TWRP 6.0 adapted source;

2) Perfect support of flashing and ADB commands;

3) Flash is now more convenient, only zip format ROMs placed in the internal storage will be flashed;

4) System Backup supports external SD card and restoring system;

5) Clear recovery interface;

6) MTP mode support;

DISCLAIMER:

---

* Recovery. This recovery has been personally tested on own Mi 4c based purely on my personal self-interest, unofficial recovery, based on twrp compile and complete source localization;
* Make sure that the battery is more than 30% and so as to ensure that during the flashing process the phone will not turn off.
* Flashing risk, please read the tutorial on flashing carefully and bear the risk, I am not responsible for any failure from flashing;
* If you fix some bug or find undiscovered bug during the use of this recovery or you have some suggested improvements, please share it with me;
* I hereby declare I do not guarantee the recovery works for all and no guarantees of trouble-free phone;
* Any loss for the usage of this recovery will not be my responsibility but solely of the user;
* Warranty ceased when you flash this recovery. I'm not responsible of any failure, brick or other issue that may occur. * If you use this recovery, you read and accepted the disclaimer contents.

Acknowledgements

---

* Thank twrp team and code on github unpaid contributions;
* Thank xiaolu, dianlujitao, Nian, etc.

Warning: Latest Mi 4c ROM includes boot verification to check if any changes have been made, first time you boot into the recovery patch will apply and default Mi recovery will be restored. Flashing again TWRP won't allow patch to apply again, unless you completely wipe data.

The first time I flashed recovery , after that rebooted to system , then shut down and went to recovery. Still the originial mi recovery was there!!!
The secound time I didn't boot system after flashing recovery.img and booted to recovery and TWRP 3.0 was there but no touch responses. I rebooted once again to recovery and it is working now!!

PLEASE, Follow this tutorial to safely flash TWRP on your device if you don't know how to do it.

ZjsKseM.png

uKo8gHY.png

DOWNLOAD:

Last edited:
This recovery is bad. Touch is not working on Mi4c. The only one recovery that works for all Mi4c LCD types is recovery from Team Super luminal. Current 3.0.0-4 also works.

Wysłano z Mi4c

Reactions: nicoff
This recovery is bad. Touch is not working on Mi4c. The only one recovery that works for all Mi4c LCD types is recovery from Team Super luminal. Current 3.0.0-4 also works.

Wysłano z Mi4c

Well, honestly I will never get tired of saying that 2.8.7.0 by Cofface it's the most reliable TWRP recovery since now as you can check from en.miui.com or miui.com if you can read chinese...
First boot touch issue as you know is caused by a different kernel used for the TWRP recovery. So synaptics touchscreen IC FW need time to be reflashed at boot.
After touch fw was compiled first time I used this recovery I rebooted to recovery again and since then I didn't have any touch issue.
Personally, I had touch issue with 3.0.0-4 by TS too and I won't recommend 3.0 by TS because in this precise moment their work is pretty messy. It's an alpha version to me... They release 3.0.0-2, 3.0.0-3, 3.0.0-4, 3.0.07 in less than a week and 3.0.02 have a serious bug restoring backup. http://www.teamsuperluminal.org/forums/topic/problem-in-restoring-backup/

By the way, thanks for your feedback. ;)

Last edited:
The first time I flashed recovery , after that rebooted to system , then shut down and went to recovery. Still the originial mi recovery was there!!!
The secound time I didn't boot system after flashing recovery.img and booted to recovery and TWRP 3.0 was there but no touch responses. I rebooted once again to recovery and it is working now!!
Best recovery out there! Better than Team Superluminal.

Thanks

Best recovery out there! Better than Team Superluminal.

Thanks