HTC MIUI 1.4.8 Desire English Pack #1c

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by MarkHUK, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GingaB

GingaB Members

Yup agreed! Im loving the new UI changes but few things are annoying me so I'll probably wait few weeks for GB to mature.
  2. hindu

hindu Members

Everything works fine here. The new dialer interface is perfect, and so is the notification/toggle screen, except for missing torch.

(I've never had any FC's in any MIUI release.)
  3. GingaB

GingaB Members

I wonder why they took off the torch in the toggles. I know there is an app for that but thats not the point
  4. Bodhi

Bodhi Members

First of, thanks Mark for this great job.

Secondly, I see people complaining all the time about FCs, laggyness or unstability. I've never encountered such problems so far. Hum, hum... ^^
  5. xavierjohn22

xavierjohn22 Members

They put it on HOME, If we are on lockscreen press and HOLD HOME, TORCH will LIGHT,

Yahoo mark i can browse again here, LOL!
  6. lutin

lutin Members

Wow that's kinda cool !

Although it only seems to work if you're holding the button down. Take your finger off the button and it goes off. I suppose that's the safest way though.
  7. harlock2019

harlock2019 Members

Nice job! A small problem: when you use the included backup program to restore your apps and data, there's a string that says "Your data is being restored... X%". The string is too long, so when it reaches more than 9%, the last character is lost, so you read 1%, but it's really 10%.
  8. arkazain

arkazain Members

Can't seem to connect to my Wi-fi network, is anyone else having issues or is it something over here at my place?
  9. Bodhi

Bodhi Members

No problem here, sorry.
  10. arkazain

arkazain Members

Seems a clean install fixed it. I think it was because I backed up wifi settings with MIUI backup.

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  11. Htc Ev0

Htc Ev0 Members

Is it just my phone but everyone I call tells me they hear an echo.. I went back to 1.3.25 and the echo is not there.. I love miui but that echo is driving me nuts.. going to another GB Rom until the problems are fixed...

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  12. arrtoo

arrtoo Members

Tnx for the new update and english pack, it's always a pleasure to install a fresh rom before weekend.

I have found one issue with the ROM(except few FC), which i think has been with the ROM for a long time.

When you try to set up APN manually the text will not appear when typing in some / or all of the field(text/background colour problem), and if you have scrolled down from the title and name of the APN to write the adresses the information in title/name is gone and you have to retype it. The solution for me was to write the adresses first and then write the titles.

Not a big deal but good to fix this too.

Tnx for the ROM, its the best out there!!
  13. wasabah

wasabah Members

One thing I noticed:
    if you opened the Notices/Toggle menu on the left part of the screen it would open Notices and on the right part it would open Toggle. Now it opens Notices everytime.
  14. lutin

lutin Members

Not quite. Only when you have a notification. If you have no notifications, then it will bring you straight to the toggles.

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  15. arrtoo

arrtoo Members

I have also encountered a second issue with this ROM, it was present on 1.4.1 as well.

When you answer a SMS/MMS in the dialog which comes up on start screen, after you have touched send icon the lower launcher buttons float at middle of screen(or sometimes duplicates), when this happens your launcher only uses half of the screen, there is a small fix to get it back (just open one app which covers the screen, then it goes back to normal when you press home.

Will this be fixed in later versions or am i the only one with the problem. tnx:)
  16. mamarty

mamarty Members

I also have this problem with 1.4.1, haven't installed 1.4.8 yet.
  17. MarkHUK

MarkHUK MIUIAndroid.com founder Staff Member

this was fixed for 1.4.8.
  18. MarkHUK

MarkHUK MIUIAndroid.com founder Staff Member

likewise, issue was resolved.
  19. Piti

Piti Members

Thanks for 1b, can you say me in what apk is the date error (space)?
    I will only replace this one.

edit:
    It's in framework-res.apk
  20. djlah

djlah Members

thanks for #1c pack update.
    now the notification bar Date look better.
    if possible, can we suggest Mon, 11 April <time>
    instead of Mon, April 11 <time> ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share Our Site