TEST

HTC MIUI 2.3.2 GB ROM [HTC Evo 4G] - 3/3/2012

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by iBotPeaches, Feb 27, 2012.

1. iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches Script Gatekeeper Staff Member

This is my first public port. I've always messed around with my own ports, but never released any of them. There is bound to be some issues that I didn't encounter. I don't own this device. So all my testing is thanks to dills2214, so say thanks to him for flashing about 20 ROMs before it was stable for the public.

evo4g.png
    HTC Evo 4G
    Current Version: 2.3.2
    Ported by: iBotPeaches
    Original Port: barnacles10
    Information
    This is a stock ROM. This is the same exact quality you'd expect from a MIUIAndroid Rom. There is nothing modified in this. Its as pure as it gets. You are free to modify the build using separate kernels and what not.

Changelog
      • Updated for MIUI 2.3.2
      • Fixed FFC
      • Fixed crash on video record
      • Fixed Mute
      • Attempted fix for signal bar (un-tested)
    • 2.2.24h
      • initial release
    Credits
    • barnacles10 - Original port back on the 1.8.x version
    • dills2214 - Testing all my builds
    • MarkHUK - Browser fixes, and hosting this site :p
    Downloads
  2. Google Adsense

3. iBotPeaches

4. dills2214

dills2214 Members

Nice work!
  5. MarkHUK

MarkHUK MIUIAndroid.com founder Staff Member

for sure it is :) tell your Evo friends please, they'll LOVE it.
  6. mko979

mko979 Members

Hey, this is awesome to see someone port this latest build. Ok, I flasshed it and wanted to report some feedback. So far the only things I've noticed are the auto brightness seems to be borked and the extra 1x signals in the status bar, which can be fixed by using the extended settings.
  7. iBotPeaches

Okay, I can begin to look at both of those, but It'll really help for a logcat. I know nothing is per se broken, so the logcat might not help. I just wanna read it over to make sure. Otherwise, I'll be hunting in the dark for awhile.
  8. mko979

mko979 Members

Ok, sure how do I collect the logcat. Oh yes, one more thing I noticed is the audio effects don't seem to be sticking

Edit: NM, I just installed alogcat from the market I'll upload it as soon I can get to my PC.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  9. iBotPeaches

10. mko979

mko979 Members

Ok, using adb I created a logfile.txt.

Attached Files:

MarkHUK likes this.
  11. mko979

mko979 Members

Here is another logcat. Should be more focused on auto brightness issue. I was basically just pulling down the status bar and toggling the brightness and then went into the brightness settings and turned it on and off as well as went into the advanced settings. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

12. iBotPeaches

Okay thanks for the logcats. Nothing really that helpful, but did lead me in a different direction. So I'll see about changing some things around. Still getting the hang of this.
  13. mko979

mko979 Members

Yea, I tried looking/interpreting the logcats to, but like you said I didn't notice anything outstanding in fact when I was toggling the brightness it didn't seem to say anything as if it wasn't recognizing the action. I'm learning too and would love to learn as much as I can about porting/developing MIUI so anything I can do to help let me know.

14. mko979

mko979 Members

A couple of other things I noticed, mms receive is not working as well as the mute function on the dialer. The mute button is greyed out as if the action is not allowed.

15. iBotPeaches

I have a new build ready. I will send it to my testers and then post here if everything is good.

• Fixes MMS
    • Fixes Mute
    • Fixes market crash
    • Fixes duplicate status bar signal thing
    • Attempted auto brightness fix
    Toby and MonsterMatt like this.
  16. MonsterMatt

MonsterMatt Members

Can't wait to see if your new build works out,I really need MMS to function before I flash any ROM so I'll keep an eye out.

Appreciate your time for building this for our Evo's :)
  17. Aety9

Aety9 Members

Love it! Works great! Hulu+ works and everything! nice and fast with Tiamat 4.1 and V6 Supercharger :)
  18. Aety9

Aety9 Members

The front facing camera FCs... The normal cam works fine tho.
  19. iBotPeaches

I fixed that bug on an earlier version. Did you wipe data & dalvik when you flashed?
  20. Aety9

Aety9 Members

I did. I wiped everything and re-partitioned the card (2gb ext4 - 14gb the rest). I wiped everything again and re-flashed with the same problem.. :|
  21. Aety9

Aety9 Members

Attached logcat file.

Attached Files:

Share Our Site