Tutorial MIUI DEVELOPERS TRANSLATION GUIDE (V1.0) MUCH TO ADD!

For me? No, I don't have SGS2. And my resources.arsc is bigger than the original one coz I added your files (translation) and new resources.arsc includes all old resources and your resources

argh i forgot that^^

do i have to flash something special when i flash the .apk? (is there a way to test the apk without a phone maybe virtually?)

argh i forgot that^^

do i have to flash something special when i flash the .apk? (is there a way to test the apk without a phone maybe virtually?)

No, thats why bugs that on are on phones that we (The Staff) don't have usually take longer to fix, because we have no way to properly test.

Reactions: DaLuigi3
Hi,

now after thousand reboots and changes and and and.... I MADE IT:) ;)

@ BurgerZ
your FixCrap.exe changes toooo much .xml files.

anims.xml
ids.xml
layouts.xml
xmls.xml

The 4 above will be shown as an error if you don't fix these.
arrays.xml will not shown but you also have to fix it.

arrays.xml

but thank you anyway for your help:)

@Mark

after you said to me i have to add a - 2 on apktool.yml i always used the FixCrap.exe from BurgerZ and for that i got the Bootloops.
But now with the 5 fixes above and the apktool.yml fix i made it:)

Thank you for your help

have a nice sunday guys:)

greetz
DaLuigi3

I tried to translate the framework-miui-res.apk into hungarian (SGS2 MIUI ICS4 ),but following error messages appear:
framework-miui-res.apk
-----------------------------------------------------
Recompiling framework-miui-res.apk folder...
W: Could not find sources
I: Building resources...
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\TULAJD~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL7220892820886430923.tmp, -x, -I, C:\Users\Tulajdonos\apktool\framework\2.apk, -S, C:\xdaAutoTool\_INPUT_APK\framework-miui-res\res, -M, C:\xdaAutoTool\_INPUT_APK\framework-miui-res\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:193)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:301)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:248)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:171)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:182)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:67)
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\TULAJD~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL7220892820886430923.tmp, -x, -I, C:\Users\Tulajdonos\apktool\framework\2.apk, -S, C:\xdaAutoTool\_INPUT_APK\framework-miui-res\res, -M, C:\xdaAutoTool\_INPUT_APK\framework-miui-res\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:87)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:191)
... 6 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "aapt": CreateProcess error=2, A rendszer nem találja a megadott fájlt
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:78)
... 7 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, A rendszer nem találja a megadott fájlt
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
... 11 more
Done!

I used xdaautotool (apktool 1.4.3)
installed framework-res.apk, then framework-miui-res.apk,and twframework-res.apk.
Decompile is fine, but recomplie shows this errors.
I hope you can help me.
Thanks

Attachments

• framework-miui-res.zip
    932 KB · Views: 235
Your aapt is screwed up.

If you can't run aapt at command line. Its not setup right. Make sure aapt is in your path.

copy aapt.exe from your android-sdk folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools) in your apktool folder......

hi,

i have a new problem. Deskclock force closes while opening the clock...
Logcat says something about FileNotFound Exception res/xml-de/timezones.xml. But i have this folder with the timezones.xml...
No error while decompile/recompile

Do i have to fix some .xml files?

thank you

greetz

Noob question here: If you translate MIUI, will apps like Facebook be on the translated language? :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Noob question here: If you translate MIUI, will apps like Facebook be on the translated language? :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Nope, only APKs you decompile, translated and re-compile.

Though Facebook is a bad example. It already has almost every language known to man native.

Hi Mark.
I'm don't understand this step:
5. Re-build and copy resources.arsc to the orginal apk. (additionally classes.dex if editing small code as well).

Can you show me example for this

Thanks!

hi,

do i have to fix something if i use latest apktool (1.5.1) and latest aapt.exe? If yes, can you tell me what i have to fix, please
I tried to decompile and recompile latest miui without modify something, but it hangs on boot...

thanks for help

greetz

hi,

do i have to fix something if i use latest apktool (1.5.1) and latest aapt.exe? If yes, can you tell me what i have to fix, please
I tried to decompile and recompile latest miui without modify something, but it hangs on boot...

thanks for help

greetz
before recompile framework-miui-res.apk replace apktool.yml file by this

Reactions: DaLuigi3
Ok guys I have a problem recompile this framework-miui-res.apk version: 1.4.3
I have installed framework-res.apk (1.apk) SemcGenericUxpRes.apk (2.apk (from second sony framework as my phone is Xperia Sola)) framework-miui-res.apk (6.apk(!)) I put - 2 in yml file but didn't worked and got this msgs :
Code:
C:\fastboot\apktool\framework-miui-res\res\values\anims.xml:3: error: Found tag anim where item is expected
C:\fastboot\apktool\framework-miui-res\res\values\ids.xml:6: error: Found tag id where item is expected
C:\fastboot\apktool\framework-miui-res\res\values\layouts.xml:3: error: Found tag layout where item is expected
C:\fastboot\apktool\framework-miui-res\res\values\xmls.xml:3: error: Found tag xml where item is expected
C:\fastboot\apktool\framework-miui-res\res\values\public.xml:602: error: Public symbol layout/android_always_use_checkbox declared here is not defined.
and so on ...
C:\fastboot\apktool\brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\Sina\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL1994001014102985614.tmp, -x, -I, C:\Users\Sina\apktool\framework\1.apk, -I, C:\Users\Sina\apktool\framework\2.apk, -S, C:\fastboot\apktool\framework-miui-res\res, -M, C:\fastboot\apktool\framework-miui-res\AndroidManifest.xml]
        at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:193)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:301)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:248)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:171)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)
        at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:182)
        at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:67)
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\Sina\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL1994001014102985614.tmp, -x, -I, C:\Users\Sina\apktool\framework\1.apk, -I, C:\Users\Sina\apktool\framework\2.apk, -S, C:\fastboot\apktool\framework-miui-res\res, -M, C:\fastboot\apktool\framework-miui-res\AndroidManifest.xml]
        at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:83)
        at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:191)
        ... 6 more
framework-miui-res\res\values\public.xml:867: error: Public symbol id/lock_screen_music_temp_album declared here is not defined.
and so on ...
C:\fastboot\apktool\framework-miui-res\res\values\public.xml:793: error: Public symbol id/timeDisplayBackground declared here is not defined.
C:\fastboot\apktool\framework-miui-res\res\values\public.xml:794: error: Public symbol id/timeDisplayForeground declared here is not defined.
C:\fastboot\apktool\framework-miui-res\res\values\public.xml:869: error: Public symbol id/title declared here is not defined.
C:\fastboot\apktool\framework-miui-res\res\values\public.xml:848: error: Public symbol id/topHeader_account declared here is not defined.
C:\fastboot\apktool\framework-miui-res\res\values\public.xml:904: error: Public symbol id/top_flag declared here is not defined.
C:\fastboot\apktool\framework-miui-res\res\values\public.xml:859: error: Public symbol id/unlock_sim_via_puk declared here is not defined.
C:\fastboot\apktool\framework-miui-res\res\values\public.xml:787: error: Public symbol id/visible_panel declared here is not defined.
C:\fastboot\apktool\framework-miui-res\res\values\public.xml:1577: error: Public symbol xml/android_apns declared here is not defined.
Not sure what should i do :-(
, put - 3 - 4 - 5 and i got these msgs
Code:
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.err.CantFindFrameworkResException
which seems legit :-"
how should i compile it?
which step should I take?

, put - 3 - 4 - 5 and i got these msgs
Code:
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.err.CantFindFrameworkResException
which seems legit :-"
how should i compile it?
which step should I take?
Thats not enough. You have to install all frameworks one by one:

Code:
apktool if framework-res.apk
apktool if SemcGenericUxpRes.apk
apktool if 3.apk
apktool if 4.apk
apktool if 5.apk
apktool if framework-miui-res.apk

Reactions: sijav
Thats not enough. You have to install all frameworks one by one:

Code:
apktool if framework-res.apk
apktool if SemcGenericUxpRes.apk
apktool if 3.apk
apktool if 4.apk
apktool if 5.apk
apktool if framework-miui-res.apk
how can i find these ?! 3.apk 4.apk 5.apks ?!
EDIT: sry didn't see this post =>

^

1) Update apktool to v1.5.2
2) Actually install the frameworks http://miui.connortumbleson.com/other/apktool/frameworks/
3) it'll work
Thanks A LOT for helping me :)