Motorola MIUI Froyo versions

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by SheepCloner, Jun 8, 2011.

1. SheepCloner

SheepCloner Members

After playing around with GB MIUI for the last month, the ever changing bugs that I'm encountering are becoming too painful and time consuming. I want my stable release that I installed in January back, but I stupidly deleted my Nandroid when cleaning up my SD card.

Where can I find a stable Froyo release of MIUI? Any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. Google Adsense

3. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Members

I actually have every version from Zenulator's first port and Metikone's back when it was first ported to the Motorola Droid (buggy as hell) to the last release by both Magiman7 and Trey.

Tell me which version you'd like back and I'll upload a copy to multiupload for you.
  4. SheepCloner

SheepCloner Members

Thanks! I'd whichever one you believe is the most stable.
  5. itsT-Zilla12

itsT-Zilla12 Members

Ive jumped on the team Miui builds about last month and i love the UI.. i've never tried a froyo version and im curious to know what a Stable Froyo Version works like so if you can find and upload one, I'd appreciate it too.... Good lookin'!
  6. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Members

Okay, I've uploaded two separate Froyo versions.

Version 1.3.11: Which was the last Froyo version on the Droid to have the classic Froyo lock screen (pre-Orchis).
    Similar to this:
    [​IMG]

Version 1.3.25: Which was the very last Froyo version on the Droid; it comes with the classic Orchis theme, but the lock screen is 24 Hr. only (it can not be changed to 12 Hr. format).
    Similar to this:
    [​IMG]
  7. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Members

Post updated; both versions are up for you guys to enjoy.
  8. TreyM

TreyM Member

LOL zero my man. I just did a simple Google search. You could have used the links from the DF posts.

googled: team d1 miui 1.3.11
    and: team d1 miui 1.3.25

But thanks for posting this. It gave me the idea to go ahead and optimize these old builds for people who would like to run these.
  9. chewy74

chewy74 Members

Hey TreyM,

I hope to see this come to light...GB versions are hit or miss for me and never consistently run great on my phone. They always start off great and then tank in a week or two.

so I would love to see development continue on MIUI Froyo for those who's phone cant really run GB without problems.

Great work man...and looking fwd to furture releases from you

10. TreyM

TreyM Member

Ah, thanks for reminding me.
  11. arsenic

arsenic Members

?

Are the froyo builds significantly smaller in size ?
    Currently GB roms uses about 120 to 140 of my whopping 150 RAM.
    So a smaller rom would be nice, but I don't want to give up ALL the nice stuff included in the GB ones.
    So anyone who had switched over care to elaborate how its better? (from GB back to froyo)....
    I know the original droid phone kinda sucks compared to whats out now, but I just haven't had the desire to upgrade yet and still holding on!
  12. itsT-Zilla12

itsT-Zilla12 Members

I second this ^^
  13. The Batman

The Batman Members

I have an Evo, and I do miss the old lock screen. Especially when the music app was activated. That was the best part.

It would be really great to have that look incorporated into the UI again.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miuiandroid.com forum app
  14. kamisan

kamisan Members

Froyo roms (almost ANY) worked with less ram. You might still have only 20-40mb left but it could fly with that. GB based roms all seem to want 50+ to work well and when they seem to not clean up well when apps close. This is why we spend so much time trying to get old d1's to work with new phone stylized software. I feel for TreyM and the other people who do this, it's sorta like moving a bridge with a wheelbarrow while the crowd complains your not done yet.. TreyM if you read this and decide to play with an older Froyo miui build I'd gladly send a pint at the pub your way! I recently left miui for sourcery and miss the miui interface, just couldn't take app and general phone behavior. I had run the V6 supercharged script, did multi partitions, compcache, kernel tweaks, etc.. One day with sourcery speed and I wish there was a miui with that.
    It might even be worth two pints at the pub.... :) Besides the other end of miui I don't believe is looking at those options at all...

just saying.
  15. arsenic

arsenic Members

I am using the froyo and version and it seems to be a little snappier for me, so I am happy.
    I also have 70 or 80 MB free after app killer whereas had around 40 with GB builds.
    My only question.
    Can we import the new lockscreens into this build or are they GB specific only.
    I just really like the 5 way unlock to jump to my apps, although I can live with just phone and messages if need be.
    Or if Trey does any more tweaks to the froyo builds, definitely looking into those-
  16. chewy74

chewy74 Members

any updates?
  17. cowsquad

cowsquad Members

Hey bring froyo back please

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  18. TreyM

TreyM Member

Working on it. Gotta do some LG Optimus 2X stuff this week. Look for these Froyo builds next week.

Share Our Site