Samsung MIUI ICS v4.0.4

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by baronne, May 8, 2012.

1. baronne

baronne Members

Hi,
    I've been going a little ROM crazy over the past few weeks. Since Vodafone released a rather unstable, buggy ICS 4.0.3 I found the main problem I had was with bluetooth whilst listening to music on the car stereo. The phone would reboot itself randomly which was kind of a deal breaker for me... I decided to try out different ROMs and have found CM9 to be the most stable. However, MIUI, just looks too damn awesome to avoid - so I wondered if there was a newer version with ICS 4.0.4 as I tried the current 2.5.4 version (ICS 4.0.3) and found it too had the same bluetooth problem when connected to car stereo - it would crash and reboot.

cheers,
    Baronne
  2. Google Adsense

3. ENI9MA

ENI9MA Members

Same problem for me:(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. baronne

baronne Members

I'm sure I saw a screenshot somewhere with the 4.0.4 version displayed....
  5. kcaj_jones

kcaj_jones Members

There's no 4.0.3 Miui version, at least not officially. You could browse the XDA forums and see if anyone's taken the CM9 base and put miui over it, but i haven't noticed anything. The reason Miui has the same bug as your 'vodafone' firmware is that Miui is currently based on the Samsung ICS firmware for the SGS2. When/If Samsung update to 4.0.4 then Miui will also
  6. steslatt

steslatt Members

I to suffer from the Bluetooth bug :(
    There is an MIUI V4 based on AOSP 4.0.4 here
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1458382

I've heard good things about it. Not tried it myself because TV out doesn't work on AOSP based roms yet so that was a deal breaker for me. Looks like its not been updated for a couple of weeks though.
  7. baronne

baronne Members

I'll check it out, cheers.

Share Our Site