TEST

miui kernels

Discussion in 'HTC One X' started by cyborg5, May 26, 2012.

1. cyborg5

cyborg5 Members

just want to know if kernels at xda (franco, eternity etc) can be flashed to miui 4
  2. Google Adsense

3. alex24

alex24 Members

i have been running franco without problems, just switching to Faux kernel as i speak. as this is still based on HTC sources all the kernels should be fine, as long as you repack the boot.img

only thing to point out is that after changing kernel, after each reboot you will get a notification saying that you need a kernel upgrade, i just ignore this as it runs better on other kernels
  4. ancola66

ancola66 Members

5. benjamin336

benjamin336 Members

Can this be confirmed?
  6. iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches Script Gatekeeper Staff Member

There is a boolean in the Updater.apk for the HTC One X that always seems to think it needs an update. If thats what your wondering.
  7. alex24

alex24 Members

im not sure if that is relevent mate, on built in kernel you dont get the prompt. as soon as you change kernel you get it once every reboot
    Here is your confirmation
    [​IMG][​IMG]

but again, you just clear the notification then it doesnt come back until a reboot
  8. iBotPeaches

If I make another Updater.apk (system app).

Do you know how to push/remove system apps?
  9. alex24

alex24 Members

yep

adb remount
    adb shell rm /system/app/Updater.apk
    adb push Updater.apk /system/app/
    adb reboot
    cyborg5 and mindcandy like this.
  10. iBotPeaches

Thanks for testing.

This Updater is the HTC One X ONLY.

Attached Files:

mindcandy likes this.
  11. alex24

alex24 Members

will give it a try now

EDIT: that worked a charm, thanks Peaches
  12. Stephen Walsh

Stephen Walsh Members

so what exactly does this updater do or do differently from the original updater?

also when i downloaded it and tried to install it i was asked "this is as system application, do you still want to replace it?"
    -i pressed "ok"
    -then i pressed "install" on the screen where it says what your allowing the app to do
    -then instead of installing it says "application not installed" with only the option to press "done"

any help with this would be greatly appreciated
  13. iBotPeaches

Its a system apk, so you need to install it differently. Which alex24 showed how a few posts above.
  14. Stephen Walsh

Stephen Walsh Members

sorry bit new to this but do those commands be entered into a terminal emulator app or can i plug my phone into my linux computer and use the terminal or do you know of any tutorials where i could see how this is done?

thanks peaches
  15. iBotPeaches

Its adb. So you use download the Android SDK here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing.html
    Since adb won't be in your path. You will have to go to the directory that it installs it to. Then you will be able to run the commands listed above. Make sure your phone has "adb enabled" under Settings -> Developer
  16. mindcandy

mindcandy Members

Brilliant! thanks for the info and help in this thread!
    Any news on when MIUI will update the base ROM to the newest version with the screen flicker fix? I recon that MIUI, with the newer base ROM, combined with the latest franco kernel (for all the latest nVidia Tegra3 power management updates) would truely rock!
    In fact, if I wasn't so damned busy with work, that is exactly the sort of project that might encourage me to learn to cook up a ROM myself..!
    Where does one even find a kitchen/tutorial for building a custom MIUI ROM?
  17. cyborg5

cyborg5 Members

im still looking for a repacked franco kernel to use in this miui release....ive noticed some are using francos kernel already..can we just flashboot it immediately without repacking for miui? i just need to confirm. thanks.
  18. Zviratko

Zviratko Members

Yes, both franco's and faux's kernels work fine out of the box.

But do a backup in case! I flashed both of those kernels yesterday, and after franco's r7 it didn't boot - system_server was consuming 100% CPU with no apparent error. It may be caused by a bug in the kernel causing data corruption (I ended up restoring) or a coincidence...
  19. Stephen Walsh

Stephen Walsh Members

do we install francos kernel by just putting it on our sd card, booting into recovery and installing the zip or do we have to flash the boot.img for the kernel first and then install through recovery?
  20. raz

raz Members

After you flashed the new kernel did you erase cache?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  21. mindcandy

mindcandy Members

franco r7 was pulled due to a bug. try 8.

Share Our Site