TEST

miui kernels

Discussion in 'HTC One X' started by cyborg5, May 26, 2012.

1. Drefsab

Drefsab Members

I've been using the eternity project kernels with no issues, no repack just their img file and kernel modules and they work great.
  2. cyborg5

cyborg5 Members

hi,
    i've tried both faux and franco over the weekend[orig release since i don't know how to repack] on miui 2.6.1.

1) for some reason, faux 004 had random reboots. franco does not. but both causes bootloop when battery is allowed to drain to the point that it shutdowns itself (around 1% battery, not sure if it display correctly the battery stats since its known to display big % when waking up from sleep.,but after few clicks and sync in facebook, fourquare, the battery drops by 20% or something). when charged and switched on., phone goes to bootloop. had to restore backups just to make the HOX useful at all.

2) corecontrol apk does not stick(settings goes to default after reboot, core usage is 4 cores etc)
    3) rom toolbox lite min and max cpu settings do hold for sometime but resets to 1500Mhz after rebooting(i haven't discovered its pattern)

i will try eternity and other kernels later. i also noticed that the boot image from this kernel is dated around 2008.
    i heard at xda that only tripnravers kernel is linux 3.0 kernel based, i am still looking for that kernel for miui by haven't found any.
  3. cyborg5

cyborg5 Members

i haven't tried eternity kernel since i ALWAYS got error during registration on its site to download the kernel.
    i am on 2.6.8 now and i think the 4-8 hour use per charge cycle is back.
    i will try faux and franco r9 to compare.
  4. cyborg5

cyborg5 Members

trying eternity now after wresting a BSOD during the batch file boot img sending to device..
  5. cyborg5

cyborg5 Members

there is a red flicker window that appears everytime you launch gtalk(and/or select a user), this is the first time i met this flickering.
    rom: miui 2.6.8
    kernel: eternity latest
  6. cyborg5

cyborg5 Members

ended with a restore from cwm backup, flashed franco's r9 and the adb commands above for the Updater apk
  7. benjamin336

benjamin336 Members

Why not use the kernel provided with MIUI?
  8. cyborg5

cyborg5 Members

because it got full discharge in less than 10 hours on miui kernel. im trying to find a longer lasting one :D
    right now, on r9, i still have 71% battery remaining after 10 h 30 m ..same settings of brightness and display sleep as before.
    same usage and apps sync. without no frill or setcpu to disable other cores.
  9. Tom_H_

Tom_H_ Members

How do i install a different kernel (EternityProject Kernel)? Can i just flash the new kernel in fastboot, or must i re-install MIUI in recovery as well?
  10. benjamin336

benjamin336 Members

I believe you can install the kernel without having to reinstall MIUI, you can at least do so on the SGS2.

Share Our Site