TEST

Google MIUI Nexus S 4G 1.7.1 by MarkHUK & jumaaneface

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by MarkHUK, Jul 3, 2011.

1. kwan

kwan Members

Thanks again to Mark and Mikey for getting this working.
  2. ninotsmindeli

ninotsmindeli Members

kept this user. thanks to mark and mike!
  3. mordagar

mordagar Members

Working wonderfully.wewt.
  4. ninotsmindeli

ninotsmindeli Members

just noticed this, does anyone have Chinese holidays displayed in English on the month overview of the calendar app?
  5. icecoldbong

icecoldbong Members

just flashed the miuius build on top after wiping cache and dalvik cache and mms works, thanks warttack
  6. scubaman

scubaman Banned

OMG what did I say? Warttack got it all working :) head to miui.us for download. I bet he's working on 4g too.
  7. MarkHUK

MarkHUK MIUIAndroid.com founder Staff Member

Funny thing is he took the work we did for 1.7.1 as he had not touched it since 1.6.17, didn't credit us, yea what a guy eh!
  8. scubaman

scubaman Banned

why would he take your work if he was the first one to get it working, and your mms was not working and his is. seriously i see no reason for him to copy your port he would be walking backwards. its more likely to be the other way around. just because he didnt port for 1.6.24 doesnt mean hes using your port, i mean jface's port cuz your name is in it just so you dont look like the noob you are cuz if you knew how to port anything you would have done so when 2.3 came out and not demand a nexus s to continue your work. you think people forget but they dont. a lot of people has been quiet until now watching your threats to quit every single week just because someone asked some noob question or because miuiandroid devs doesnt do what "you" want them to do. again as a community theres no "im the owner of miuiandroid" if your users leave you, you go back to be a nobody. so think about it and you will get to the point where you will see that its not about you, its about the users. wow i think after this i might go back to miui.us cuz you dont like the thruth to be out there and will delete this right? well think about it and before going out there throwing rocks on other people's roofs remember that yours might be made out of thin glass.
  9. ninotsmindeli

ninotsmindeli Members

buddy, if you want to leave why not just do so? you speak about the users of this site... speaking for myself, at least, I have used the miuiandroid and miui us roms and will continue to do so. I think they both have lots to offer in the scene.

speaking for myself, I currently choose to use this rom on this forum because I just generally get quicker responses from folks working on stuff, and am not a cdma veteran, this being my first cdma phone. I consider MIUI us to be miui-cdma and miuiandroid to be miui-gsm, bit there's overlap. my point : I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most users of either site really are done with all this drama, and are just checking in on the site they're most familiar with to see if a new ROM/pack/theme has been uploaded, and then they return to their lives, work, relationships, school. that's really it. why does this thing between the sites have to be so serious? or if necessary, just go register a twitter account and talk about it, but not in a Dev thread.

most of us come here to talk about bugs, and not to scroll through more negativity.

honestly I don't follow all the "kang" accusation business, here, on miuius, or on twitter, but it seems pretty contentious. if you are still pissed, move on to the other site exclusively, take it to twitter, or send mark some pm's on the matter, but can you keep it down a bit in here? I honestly don't think many of us are interested in getting involved in this, and it is just exhausting to read every week.

hope I don't end up regretting writing this, as far as kicking up more dust. if that happens, it wasn't my intention. anyway, hope you have a good day at work/play/school, but I hope you're not worrying about mark offline. it's probably too nice a day outside for that wherever you are.

pardon any typos, opera mobile isn't the best means for speaking one's mind on the internets.
  10. DaryoonONE

DaryoonONE Members

Mark,
    I appreciate the efforts you guys put into this daily, weekly, monthly. Thanks again.
  11. icecoldbong

icecoldbong Members

wah wah but he started it!! lol
  12. ninotsmindeli

ninotsmindeli Members

Yep, you highlighted what I said. Not interested. Lots of hot air all over the place. I believe both sites do lots of hard work and I think forum boards are pretty much the kryptonite for reasonable discourse. Enjoy your weekend!
  13. ninotsmindeli

ninotsmindeli Members

On a positive note, can't wait for stable! Take your time ironing out the bugs, though -- guess that's the point of a stable release ;)
  14. vintagetonez

vintagetonez Members

when was the last update posted for nexus s 4g? I get a lot of force closes in mms settings and its driving me crazy!
  15. fergie716

fergie716 Staff Developer

is this port still active?
  16. vintagetonez

vintagetonez Members

There are still several bugs in the development roms. No haptic feedback on android keyboard, Google sync does not work correctly meaning android keyboard dictionary does not auto populate. Please fix as those two are HUGE issues. Wimax is also not working ....still!

Also please put the app drawer back in the rom. Its what makes it different than the iphone and one reason we're on android.....seriously .......
  17. jumaaneface

jumaaneface MIUI Android Staff

port is not longer supported until i get a new nexus s 4g
  18. fergie716

fergie716 Staff Developer

Thanks for the heads up! Can't wait to see this in active development again. Take care!

Share Our Site