Google MIUI ROM 2.6.22 Nexus S 4G NOW WITH 4G!!!![ICS] [UPDATED 6-23-12]

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by MarkHUK, Feb 28, 2012.

1. MarkHUK

MarkHUK MIUIAndroid.com founder Staff Member

Hi everyone,

fergie716 has ported the Nexus S ROM to the Nexus S 4G, you may grab it here:

miuiandroid_crespo4g-2.6.22.zip

md5: 78e5808807cd3a25b1c98f9fc7c13711

MIUI_ADVANCED_OPTIONS_2.6.22.zip

NO NEED TO INSTALL CONTROL PANEL SEPARATELY!

NEW OPTIONS! SHOW/HIDE NAVIGATION BAR, SHOW/HIDE/CENTER CLOCK, CARRIER LOGO!

ALL CREDIT TO ANDY THOMOSON FOR THE ADVANCED OPTIONS! ANDY, YOUR THE BEST!

ALSO ADDED MODIFIED MIUI LAUNCHER! ENJOY

You need to boot into system at least once before flashing the mod

My change log for 2.6.22 (current build)

-added 4G (Wimax)
    -added latest air kernel (v4.4, stable, voodoo colors) as default kernel
    -added 3 way reboot now with Hot Boot Option (credit: Andy Thomson, thanks!)
    -added some build.prop tweaks
    -removed some apps
    -CDMA Signal "fix"
    -keyboard fix
    -Deep Idle fix
    -added services.jar patch for V6 Supercharger
    -added more volume steps (more volume options through out OS, for ringtones, music, notifications and more)
    -added latest Project Vex icons
    -MMS fix for NS4G
    -translated latest lock screen from MIUI China
    -added Touch to Focus Camera (credit: aokp)
    -added new keyboard and ICS Voice to Text
    -added new boot.img tweaks (SD data transfer speed improvement, wimax buffering, some stuff from CM9 (like importing a init.local.rc)
    -added modified host file (Ad Blocker)
    -modded lock screen

We'd like to welcome fergie716 on board the MIUIAndroid.com team and wish him every success with his developments and porting work.

Thanks from all the team.

Mark

ROM IS UPDATED BASED ON MY SCHEDULE!

IF YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT ISN'T SYNCING PROPERLY, REBOOT AND RE SYNC EVERYTHING

IF YOUR MEDIA (SUCH AS PHOTO'S, MUSIC, VIDEOS, ETC) ARE NOT SHOWING UP, DOWNLOAD AN APP CALLED "RESCAN MEDIA" AND RUN IT
    kijp15, Kbrabble, qdatvn and 8 others like this.
  2. Google Adsense

3. brainmaster

brainmaster Members

@ Fergie716, congratulations man. I wish you all the best for your future work and congratulations on miuiandroid team for gaining such great member.

Greetings

BM
    fergie716, oodie and MarkHUK like this.
  4. MarkHUK

Thanks Brainmaster, I believe fergie was recommended to this site by you :) many thanks for your and everyone else's support. We hope to still be here for years to come!
    fergie716 and brainmaster like this.
  5. Mike F

Mike F Members

Thanks for your work. Would love to see GB MIUI posted here too.
  6. Zeeraf

Zeeraf Members

congrats fergie , looking forward to see what you can do here ..... been using ur miui ports been back and forth between brainmasters and oodies .... gonna give the official one a shot , downloading as we speak ...... again thanks for the good work , keep it up
    fergie716 likes this.
  7. oodie

oodie Members

Congratz fergie :D keep up your work & this is the gift you'll get for your hard work . & an excellent gift for NS 4G users.

Rock on dude ;)
    fergie716 likes this.
  8. cannon20

cannon20 Members

congrats fergie been a big fan of your work keep it up and good luck :D and thanks to you and all others involved for your time and work on these great roms
    fergie716 and MarkHUK like this.
  9. brndnwbb

brndnwbb Members

been following your work on xda. been running the BM port. installed this earlier. really smooth so far.

your carrier logo/center clock mod worked great. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=23060575&postcount=282
    except for the black bar when the status bar is active.

any way to change the carrier logo to a different image?

thanks for your work.
    fergie716 likes this.
  10. fergie716

fergie716 Staff Developer

Thank you all for the kind words! I am very happy I got to post this here!

@brndnwbb, yes you can decompile the MiuiSystemUI.apk inside the mod zip and change the carrier_logo in /res/drawable-hdpi

Im still trying to get the statusbar problems fixed with that hopefully soon
    iBlowpot likes this.
  11. Tr0jAn

Tr0jAn Admin

Welcome aboard, hope your stay is a memorable one :)
    fergie716 likes this.
  12. Momeo

Momeo Members

Congrats Fergie was a great fan of your themes and now development, I hope you continue and make MIUI releases available to us NS4G users :D
    fergie716 likes this.
  13. fergie716

Just so you guys know, I upload the weekly updates on Sunday afternoon

I don't have wifi at my place so I have to go to a friends to upload. Also, it gives me a few days to test out the build, make fixes/adjustments

So that's when this build gets updated!
    MarkHUK likes this.
  14. MarkHUK

Thanks for communicating that to the community dude, much appreciated for sure that a developer / porter lets people know as to avoid anger and where is the ROM questions.
    fergie716 likes this.
  15. Zeeraf

Zeeraf Members

i posted this over in xda figure i might as well ask here as too ........... is it possible to split the notification and ringtones volume control ?? ive seen it on some ics roms and was just curious

btw keep up the good work fergie , been my daily driver since initial release
  16. fergie716

Thanks! Yea I like to let folks know whats going on. In fact, just got done downloading GSM NS ICS build for 3/2, about to test now..
  17. fergie716

Thanks! I think I know what your talking about but can you post a screen shot of what your talking about just so I know for sure lol
  18. Zeeraf

Zeeraf Members

i dunno if i can find one lol but basically if you go to settings > sounds > volume ... you have the sliders for (media, ringtone & notification and alarms) ive seen on some aosp ics roms that ringtones & nofications were seperate .... so intead of 3 sliders you have 4 . basically im talking about having independent volume control for ringtones and notifications
  19. fergie716

Oh ok gotcha. I will take a look. I just booted up the update. Everything is running fine. I wanna see if I can get the MIUI FM Radio app to see if it works. Besides that everything working great
    Zeeraf likes this.
  20. Zeeraf

Zeeraf Members

i havent stayed on any rom this long in a while , im absolutely loving this rom .... cant wait for the update
  21. Momeo

Momeo Members

Thanks for the updates Fergi. And will the double Gallery and Double Calendar be fixed this week?

EDIT: NVM theres two because one for miui and one for google :)

Share Our Site