MIUI ROM MIUI ROM 2.8.17 ICS & JellyBean

Discussion in 'MIUI Weekly ROM Releases' started by MarkHUK, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie9684

eddie9684 Members

you mean the one we saw in the video? free launcher, the one with angry birds, space and some kind of home desktop theme?

well if you mean that i tried it the angry birds one and its quite annoying.. lol.
  2. vanguard_s

vanguard_s Members

The only thing i have against MIUIv4 is game compatability, it all went down hill when v4 went live.never had a problem with MIUI gingerbread. Just hope it gets sorted out. One more thing if I am not mistaken isn't MIUI based on cyanogen mod? If that's the case is it possible that the performance options from CM9 can be implemented in MIUI?
  3. spider623

spider623 Members

the usual from miui ics anly 110 mb free tops and the usual phone freeze caused by the full memory , -.-
    the butter makes it faster but if the apps don't kill them self after 10 minutes of inactivity then why did they upgrade the phone, it doesn't even feel like a jb rom it's exactly the same as ics with a new desktop that activate only if the theme supports it
  4. Lens_flare

Lens_flare Staff Developer

yah
    thx anyway, at last it's something new ;]
  5. mrwookie

mrwookie Members

The new launcher does not seem to be on the Miui China version for HTC One X......is it only for JB or ICS as well and just not on One X version?
  6. iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches Script Gatekeeper Staff Member

I forgot to include the Network Status bug fix :/

So were rebuilding :p
  7. nishadh

nishadh Members

their "brush" recommendation this week is only 76.12%. Its gonna be a lot of fun once everyone starts "brushing" this evening...;)
  8. spider623

spider623 Members

it needs a supported theme like angry birds space(only the available now)after you apply drag the screen(no status bar) down with tow fingers merged as 1 and the desktop will show, but not sure if it's only jb
  9. ambuj

ambuj Members

All I know is Miui was based on CM up to GB. From ICS onwards, MIUI is using offical source (Google for Nexus, Samsung, etc).
  10. Zcythe Lim

Zcythe Lim Members

Hi, can I directly upgrade from 2.8.3 -> 2.8.17??
  11. iBotPeaches

Yes.
    Zcythe Lim likes this.
  12. hieuzozo2402

hieuzozo2402 Members

It's for ics, too. Here is tutorial and download http://www.miui.com/thread-696719-1-1.html
    Zcythe Lim likes this.
  13. Lens_flare

Lens_flare Staff Developer

hell :(
    I thought they will at most present us something like on early video (desktop with window), stupid angry birds ;/
  14. iBotPeaches

Sorry for the server hiccups. All should be solved now, and ROMs are uploading.
    dp4u4umi6ev, s01o and Zcythe Lim like this.
  15. spider623

spider623 Members

Solved the memory problem I had by installing ram manager when the rom are up can any one try it and confirm that it works?

Sent from my Nexus S
  16. Pele

Pele MIUI Android Admin

...logged in watching thread
  17. mrwookie

mrwookie Members

Aha superb thank you. :)
  18. januwar

januwar Members

anyone having an idea where the more interesting themes for miui free launcher can be downloaded? The guys start to generate a hype around the office-theme ;)
  19. neonoafs

neonoafs Members

Is Permission manager fixed? I downloaded official 2.8.17, from oficial MIUI, and root manager is not working ='(
  20. spider623

spider623 Members

now that you mention this may be the reason of the memory problem it all started when the permission manager broke if the apps keep ask for permissions but the manager ignores them then you have a deadlock in the processor losing resources until it crush or some one do a task wipe, to thing that a aced the computer architecture class last year and i forgot all about deadlocks o_O
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share Our Site