TEST

Samsung Miui V4 Font Problem

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by MrQoZy, Mar 19, 2012.

1. MrQoZy

MrQoZy Members

Hi guys. my problem is that I can't change the font anymore since I upgraded to Miui v4.
    Not the English font or the Arabic font.
    MY question is:
    Is that a bug in Miui V4 or am I doing something wtonge
    Thanx In Advance for any help.
  2. Google Adsense

3. MrQoZy

MrQoZy Members

Up up up
  4. SavageBrat

SavageBrat Members

Make that 2 of us..
  5. Pele

Pele MIUI Android Admin

The reason you are unable to change the font or any theme related is that MIUI V4 is NOT YET fully compatible with Theme Manager yet.

Regards
  6. SavageBrat

SavageBrat Members

would it be possible to change it though the system font or is miui hiding it somewhere else?
  7. Pele

Pele MIUI Android Admin

Please see my previous post.

Regards
  8. SavageBrat

SavageBrat Members

I guess I should have clarified my question.. does/are Miui currently using the standard android system fonts as lets say the DroidSans.ttf found in the System/fonts folder or is Miui hiding them in lets say the MiuiSystemUI.apk (which they are not as the only 2 fonts there belong to Androidclock and Androidclock2) As I did read your post before asking my question and in theory one should not need the Theme Manger to change a font if one knew where or which font Miui was using and it's location..

Solved: Though it doesn't work on the lock screen clock and miui isn't using the standard DroidSan.ttf but it is using the Roboto.ttf so until the theme manager is up and running you can take the font you wish to use and rename it Roboto-Regular and place it in the font folder reboot your phone and you should be good to go..
    test (1).png test (2).png
  9. Pele

Pele MIUI Android Admin

Correct :)
  10. SavageBrat

SavageBrat Members

Though I don't like to talk about admins in their forums but as there was not a way to send a private message .. Pele you were no help with your comments " Please see my previous post." and "Correct :)" where about as useful as tits on a bullfrog .. if you didn't know the answer it would have been better for you not to have said anything.. as what does " Please see my previous post." have to do with "would it be possible to change it though the system font or is miui hiding it somewhere else?" and as far as the "Correct" goes I know it correct as it took me a day and a half to figure it out ... though this may get me banned it shows that the shoe fits both ways if mods and admins can get mad about folks asking or repeating the same question when something not working right, we should be able to vent when mods/admins waste our time.. though it makes me wonder when someone post this in their sig..Samsung Galaxy S I9000 & I9100 Expert ..but yet couldn't say yes it's changeable in the System font folder but I'm not sure which font it is.. which would have been better than"Please see my previous post." ..
  11. Pele

Pele MIUI Android Admin

Well to cut a long story short, no i wont ban you thats not my style

Many users are waiting and waiting and waiting and at the same time asking if they can theme v4, enough information is displayed far and wide. Although there is probably 1% of v4 that can be themed its much wiser to advise that its not theme-able and to patiently wait for Xiaomi to upgrade the Theme Manager to be compatible with V4 and V2.3 Themes. The minute one starts saying this can be edited or that can be edited then questions start rolling in and the user forgets or ignores the main answer which is wait for full theme support rather than trying to editing something and then starts shooting off questions such as how do i edit text - black on black etc etc - this is were ignorance kicks in, and the cycle repeats itself. Better leave as is and wait patiently like everyone else.

Regards
  12. ™Windy

™Windy Members

i have installed a theme with a font and my phone have a bootloop. what should i do because i didn't backup my data before such as my contact, my installed app my setting and more. please give me the advise

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  13. SavageBrat

SavageBrat Members

As there may still be a few problems with the theme manager (not sure as i haven't updated in awhile) as some themes may still may not be compatible with version 4.. if your still in bootloop mode you could try getting back into recovery mode hold down you power key,home button and volume up rocker at the same time wait till the samsung logo appears then release then try a factory reset..
  14. ™Windy

™Windy Members

But i want to keep my data

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  15. Gatico Volador

Gatico Volador Members

jaja " I have a bootloop" Hey Savage, I changed the font for the regular letters to the Sony Sketch font that I wanted but how do I change the font for the Chinese characters? I did it before in GB. What font is the one they use for the Chinese characters. You know? Thanks.
  16. steslatt

steslatt Members

Are fonts still not working? I can't seem to find an option in the theme app to apply font?
  17. SavageBrat

SavageBrat Members

@ Gatico, sorry moved from the S2 to the note,but where are you seeing the Chinese characters on you lock screen or some of the programs?

Share Our Site