MIUIv4 Dark Theme

Discussion in 'Theme Development' started by Thaddeus, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Thaddeus

Thaddeus Banned

Okay so I have been Contemplating on whether or not to start a Dark Theme for MIUIv4 as I have heard rumours that MIUI were in the midst of developing one themselves but I heard that around mid-January and its now March so I thought I may start development on it as the White theme for MIUIv4 doesn't really suit my needs. As of right now the "Theme_values.xml" aren't applying so I can't change the text to white where necessary. But that doesn't mean I can't start creating all the necessary changes elsewhere to create a dark theme and then once the "Theme_values.xml" are applying it will only be a case of setting those up and applying them.

It will most likely being a Dark and Grey theme so all the Orange will be Grey. I may in the near future do other colours to suit other peoples needs. I will keep you all updated on the Progress. Hopefully I can get this done soon as I have quite a lot of free time. If anyone wants to help on setting all the "Theme_values.xml" to the right codes that would be grateful as I'm not the best at that.

Look forward to working with you all!

-
    Thaddeus
  2. Google Adsense

3. iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches Script Gatekeeper Staff Member

I'll link this to Pele (theme developer), because I believe there are some serious MIUI v4 theming problems right now.
  4. Thaddeus

Thaddeus Banned

Yup there defiantly are but mainly on the xml side of things as it doesn't apply the theme_values. But I'm able to do everything else to do with graphics, well I'm hoping that is. Did a bit tonight, but needed to approach it at a better angle and get it all set up right to starting again tomorrow. Thanks though see what Pele can do :)
  5. Pele

Pele MIUI Android Admin

Well pretty much you both have said everything i was going to say. Basically until Xiaomi have updated to provide full theme compatibility with V4 there is not much any theme-dev can do. They are almost done but some minor things they need to address and they would prefer to get it all 100% rather than 99% and have that 1% causing whole string of issues for the end user.

Regards
  6. Thaddeus

Thaddeus Banned

Yup will be nice once they fix that all, I assume they are having trouble modding the settings as well? But yea I will still try work on the Graphics for the time being. Hopefully they fix it up soon enough. Oh by the way Pele if you ever need any help on that Full Black theme don't be afraid to ask!

Share Our Site