[MOD]4-Way Reboot 2.1.13

Would you like this MOD without the reboot icon?

• Total voters
Working great on my sg2
Many many thanks!:D

Forget screenshot bellow, it is wrong

Sent from Tapatalk 2 ° Miuiandroid.com

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340489091168.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340489091168.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 195
Unfortunately mod doesn't work on my ordinary Sensation... (non-XE, non-XL) Any way or chance to make it work?
There is a small chance... I've found some changes that I can do with the mod... Maybe that'll help. Will post it in a day.

Unfortunately mod doesn't work on my ordinary Sensation... (non-XE, non-XL) Any way or chance to make it work?
Try this one. If it won't help, I don't know how to help you.

Attachments

• 4WayReboot_miuiandroid_pyramid-2.6.22-2.zip
    384.9 KB · Views: 132
Try this one. If it won't help, I don't know how to help you.
Sorry mate but it didn't work for me as well as previous one, only single reboot notifications shows up... Maybe sending my current android.policy.jar helps you to find solution?

Sorry mate but it didn't work for me as well as previous one, only single reboot notifications shows up... Maybe sending my current android.policy.jar helps you to find solution?
Ok, send it, I'll take a look.

Here is my android.policy.jar file. Many thanks for taking care of my problem :)
Sorry, android.policy.jar is absolutely the same that I've used as a base to create the mod for Sensation.

I also have a couple of questions:
1) Are you sure that the mod was installed correctly?
2) Does the mod have ANY effect? Or, after applying the mod, reboot option from menu works EXACTLY as with original ROM?

Sorry, android.policy.jar is absolutely the same that I've used as a base to create the mod for Sensation.

I also have a couple of questions:
1) Are you sure that the mod was installed correctly?
2) Does the mod have ANY effect? Or, after applying the mod, reboot option from menu works EXACTLY as with original ROM?
Here are my answers:
  1. I have installed this mod over recovery, any error hasn't been shown on output after flashing.
  2. Mod doesn't take any effect on my current ROM and reboot menu looks exactly as before flashing the mod.
BUT - I've tried to copy extracted android.policy.jar file from flashable zip to /system/framework with right permissions and right owner/group and after reboot I've got 3 way reboot: normal/recovery/bootloader, without hot boot option. So probably something went wrong during mod flashing and there is an error in updating script.
All those 3 way reboot options works correctly for me now. Many thanks once again skupr and looking forward for mod for further releases!

Reactions: skupr
Here are my answers:
  1. I have installed this mod over recovery, any error hasn't been shown on output after flashing.
  2. Mod doesn't take any effect on my current ROM and reboot menu looks exactly as before flashing the mod.
BUT - I've tried to copy extracted android.policy.jar file from flashable zip to /system/framework with right permissions and right owner/group and after reboot I've got 3 way reboot: normal/recovery/bootloader, without hot boot option. So probably something went wrong during mod flashing and there is an error in updating script.

All those 3 way reboot options works correctly for me now. Many thanks once again skupr and looking forward for mod for further releases!
Great!
Could you tell which permissions and owner/group have you set? I could add them into zip's updater-script. Note also that for owner/group I need numeric values.

Great!
Could you tell which permissions and owner/group have you set? I could add them into zip's updater-script. Note also that for owner/group I need numeric values.
Strange, but I've took a look into updater-script and permissions and ownership are set properly inside of script:
Code:
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/framework/android.policy.jar");
Seriously, now I have no idea what causes that flashing the mod didn't affect on my reboot menu... But I hope that you will keep releasing 4way reboot mod for Sensation in future :)

Is there any chance that you can release a manual for Sensation (and maybe for other devices as well) about how to edit android.policy.jar to achieve 4way reboot?

Thanks for help and that you were interested in my case!