TEST

[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

Discussion in 'MIUI Mods' started by Andy Thomson, Jun 21, 2011.

?

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2011.
  1. Overscroll & Glow

63.2%
  2. Overscroll Only

10.5%
  3. Leave it as it is (Glow Only)

26.3%
  4. Don't Care...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. busterben

busterben Members

Yep, you are correct. Theme I was using was indeed causing the problem. Thanks for the great tip.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
  2. wubu

wubu Members

Ok this seemed to work but had to reboot 3 times. Weird.
  3. dafunk

dafunk Members

Hey kunon, why don't you try to make the Extended Settings mod for MIUI ICS too? Maybe Andy is too busy with his own things and will never do it for ICS? :( Hope I'm wrong.
    Anyway, it's too difficult for you?
    Just asking mate :)...

Many thanks Kunon
  4. maranello69

maranello69 Members

hey guys, in the index site linked to in the first page i have found and ICS folder that contains 2 file, one apk and another zip, do those files represent the Extended Setting Mod for ICS or they are something else?
  5. Kunon

Kunon Members

It's hard to say, is it too hard for me to make. I haven't even try. Why? Because I don't use any of ICS ports. I prefer stable builds. I remember the time, when I jumped from Eclair to Froyo and later to Gingerbread. There always been problems with new versions. Things which worked flawlessly in previous builds, now creates problems. I want to avoid this now.

I don't have as much time as I would like to have to sit in front of my computer and wonder why something doesn't work as it should. That's why, I can't create and analyze mods for ICS, which I can't even check on my phone.

Btw, it's Andy mod and he has a priority to prepare it whenever (if ever) he likes. ;) Ask him, beg him, donate... pay for his devoted time if You so desperately need this modyfications, or try to make it yourself. It's not so hard as it's look. All You need is knowledge and time. :)

greetings
  6. dp4u4umi6ev

dp4u4umi6ev Members

On Andy's page this two files is for ICS Galaxy S but not MIUI works only on THS Builds.Andy now work hard to MIUI V4 for Galaxy S and i'm sure if its possible to make ExtendedSettings for V4 he will do it.
  7. mirrored

mirrored Members

I've been having a terrible time trying to install the Extended Settings Mod. I tried several different rom versions and compatible extended settings mod. Each time I flash all the way back to 2.1 stock with Odin + Master clear then boot to recovery, wipe data/factory reset, and flash the rom. Then upon first boot, I 3 button to recovery and flash the appropriate extended settings mod zip.

Each time, and I've tried several times flashing it, both just flashing it and mounting system and data, I'll boot up and have the clock centered but the icon for MIUI Control Panel is nowhere to be found on the homescreen. I've tried both Overscroll and NoOverscroll versions.

Can anyone please help me :(

Phone: Samsung Captivate
  8. cowsquad

cowsquad Members

Wow try to install miuicontrol.apk separately

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
  9. mirrored

mirrored Members

Where can I get miuicontrol.apk? I've searched through the .zips for different extended settings mod versions and can't seem the find it.

Just for reference, I've tried: 2.3.2, 2.2.10, 2.1.13, 1.12.9, 1.10.21.

Edit: Is it the file on andy's website named: miuisettings.apk ?

Edit 2: Wow..that worked. I wasted hours and could've just installed the stupid apk separately.

Thanks for your help cowsquad. I feel like an idiot lol.
  10. Kunon

Kunon Members

There are no changes in the modified files in 2.3.30 MIUI [GB] 2.3.7 version.

However, I prepared an update anyway. It contains new modification (disable scrollcache function, which makes scrolling much smoother). The rest of modifications remained unchanged (Extended Setting including MIUI Control Panel; modified Launcher; SpareParts; overscroll; volume+, T9 dialer search, ICS-like notifications slide-off, and maybe others, which I even don't remember now. ICS transitions animation was removed due to incompatibility problems with certain of phones.)

possible errors description (CWM flashing)
    • If someone has problem while flashing through CWM (code 0) then You need to override the 'update-binary' file (located in META-INF\com\google\android\ directory of this package) with this file unpacked from CWM package dedicated for Your phone (ex. newest rom package for your model).
    • Error 7 means unmounted system partition, mount it manually.

2.3.30 [GB] mods compilation

MOD_2.3.30_GB

MOD_2.3.30_GB - restore pack (in case of bootloop etc. flash this file via CWM to restore original system parts)

This is probably my last update of mods for MIUI. I hope You liked it.
    ARieS, lovelyreza and dp4u4umi6ev like this.
  11. djcsurf

djcsurf Members

Hi Kunon
    I appreciate you taking time to do this mod, thanks.

If I dont wish to have all the mods is it safe to remove framework.jar from the zip before flashing, as the most important thing for me is 4Way Reboot?
  12. Kunon

Kunon Members

Sure, Just remove this file from .zip

tapaSgalaxnięte
  13. Claire

Claire Members

I'm currently running lg optimus 2x 2.3.30.

However when I try to flash the file given by Kunon (thanks!) on cwm, I get this error:
    -- Installing: /emmc/MIUI_2.3.30_MODs_signed.zip​
    Finding update package...​
    Opening update package...​
    Installing update...​
    E:Error in /emmc/MIUI_2.3.30_MODs_signed.zip​
    (Status 0)​
    Installation aborted.​

Maybe Kunon already gave troubleshooting in his post previously but I don't get it a I'm quite a dummy. Any help is really appreciated as I really want extended settings on my phone! Thank you!
  14. shadow 813

shadow 813 Members

Is there anything different with the"test"zip in extended settings?
  15. le_manhpro

le_manhpro Members

WORKAROUND if flashing doesn't change anything:
    1. Reboot into recovery
    2. Manually mount /system and /data from recovery menu
    3. Flash the downloaded file

good luck:D
  16. Tracy Wiggins

Tracy Wiggins Members

I have 2.1.1 of this right now. How do I installed the updates? I know it is probably in here somewhere but on tapatalk there are around 276 pages to look through!

Sent from my Motorola Triumph using Tapatalk
  17. Tracy Wiggins

Tracy Wiggins Members

Btw I see that there are steps in the post right above mine but that sends my phone into continual bootloop so I am wondering what I might have missed.
  18. mrbean

mrbean Members

If you are trying it on v4 I.C.S it is not working. As yet there are no extended settings for i.c.s, only for GB related roms.
  19. mrbean

mrbean Members

If you are trying it on v4 I.C.S it is not working. As yet there are no extended settings for i.c.s, only for GB related roms.
  20. mrbean

mrbean Members

[
    I
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share Our Site