[MOD]V5 Multilanguage T9 dialer

You don't must to install this mod.
You must install multilang rom from this link (of course corresponding to Your device):
http://miuiandroid.com/community/index.php?threads/21747/

After installing rebuild t9 index. That's it.

Wysłane z mojego GT-N7100 za pomocą Tapatalk 4

yeap i did but i have a port not an official release like Wysłane z mojego GT-N7100 yours.... so the only solution is as before 3.8.2 ver the above mod for me... thanks for the reply's but i need a coder to fix this .... :(

Found a bug in T9MultiUtils.smali with Vietnamese characters

array3 needs to have these included:

Code:
        0xb0t 0x1et
        0xb1t 0x1et
        0xb2t 0x1et
        0xb3t 0x1et
        0xb4t 0x1et
        0xb5t 0x1et
        0xb6t 0x1et
        0xb7t 0x1et

Reactions: nikkpap
Dear Roenano. I don't know If this was on older roms too, but I found some characters missing
for Greek language. Here goes.
ύ ΰ Ύ in 8
ΐ Ί in 4
Thanks in advance
Yeah those too

Last edited:
Hi! help with the decision .. when dobovlyaet contacts in the phone book with the telephone prefix 7 defines the call. and a contact name. written and when the phone through 8 prifiks the call just contact number.
firmware 4.1.10 Russian scene.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-12-12-15-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-12-12-15-15.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 1,136
can you do croatian

Code:
Croatian:
Number 2: č-Č ć-Ć
Number 3: đ-Đ
Number 7: š-Š
Number 9: ž-Ž
thanks

I have promised this mod to many people for long time. After I found the way to make it work with custom languages other than Hebrew (the one was made for in first place), I'm glad to announce I'm taking requests.

First I want to credit 4PDA.ru people for cracking it in fisrt place and Yosriz for the reverse engineering to have it working for Hebrew (the actual code I base my work on) and lenny_kano for merging all languages together.

*This mod is included In the multilang rom. If after installing the rom it doesn't work go to Contacts "Settings" -> "More contacts settings" -> "Rebuild index data".

If you want me to make this mod for your language, you'll have to provide me the characters which have to be searched and in which number it appears. If the character appears in the English alphabet there's no need to add it. For example:

Spanish:
Number 2: á - Á
Number 3: é - É
Number 4: í - Í
Number 6: ñ - Ñ - ó - Ó
and so on....

Available languages:
Spanish
Russian
Greek
Polish
Swedish
German
Hungarian
Korean
Vietnamese
Czech
Slovak
Slovene
Turkish
Hebrew
Arabic
Persian
Ukrainian

Pending Languages:
NONE

Hi guys, who to implement it into the system?
Where to put the .smali file?

Hi!
Can you put in the dialer both languages letters smaller , for example english standard and Greek together.
Its easy?

Reactions: jimpet84
For rom devs only!!
If you include it in your rom please give credit by linking to this thread. Thanks

It'll be a bit hard to automatize it because the code is obfuscated on some devices so if the guys in China add or remove one member or method all the names will change.
I've tried to make the implementation as easy as it can be so I moved all the related code to a separate class you need to add to ContactsProvider and just replace one method of one of the existing classes there to use the new code.

You need to decompile ContactsProvider.apk, go to smali/com/android/provider/contacts/t9 and open T9Utils.smali (f.smali or h.smali when obfuscated), there you will find a method ".method public static formatCharToT9(C)C" (or ".method public static b(C)C" when obfuscated) and replace its content with the below:
Code:
    .locals 1
    .parameter "c"

.prologue
    .line 5
    invoke-static {p0}, Lcom/android/providers/contacts/t9/T9MultiUtils;->formatCharToT9(C)C

move-result v0

return v0

All that remains to do is to copy the attached smali file T9MultiUtils.smali to the same folder.

How do I install it on my Xiaomi Redmi 3 Note pro? I serched the phone's memory but could not find the apk mentioned...

Hi,

Is it possible to configure multiple languages without changing the pone's locale?
I want to use English + Hebrew, but I want to use English menu etc.

Thanks.