Samsung Network selection issues and no Video call feature

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by Gokul J, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Gokul J

Gokul J Members

hi guys,

i am not able to make video calls over 3g network with miui. will it be fixed in the coming version??? and there is also problem with network selection. please help.
  2. Google Adsense

3. MasterTB

MasterTB Members

Video calls are not a feature in MIUI v4 Roms.
    Samsung roms have this in their Dialer app. There is an option to start a video call whenever the contact's number allows it. MIUI's dialer does no have this option.
    Hopefully they'll implement it one day. I really miss this since here in Argentina they don't cost extra from regular cellphone calls.
    As for the network selection, what kind of problem exactly? I'm asking because I always use it in automatic and don't really know what problems you could be experiencing.
  4. Misiak

Misiak Members

If you go to Settings --> Mobile Networks --> Network operator it will cause FC of phone app. Same if you go to About phone --> Status. This problem persist few MIUI releases back (after changes in Phone.apk implementation) it was reported to MIUI team but seems they haven't had time to fix it yet. It's pity because I and many others would like to use this rom, but until this problem is solved I'm using cMIUI which is based on CM9 and the problem is not present.
  5. Gokul J

Gokul J Members

exactly....i am not able to get the list of networks..i have struggled a lot due to this :(. the problem still persists in the 2.8.10 version
  6. Diong

Diong Members

Same here also, this problem exist for quite sometime,
    PLEASE solve this issue,
    Solving this option will be great to bring +1 to MIUI,
    Because of this issue, i not dare to install MIUI into my friends' phone, because some of then require to travel to others country and they need to fix the network operator when they are roaming.
    Unable to select network operator is the reason not installing MIUI
  7. YikeSS

YikeSS Members

Do you know how can I change network operator setting from a selected operator to AUTO? I can't change this settings because of this stupid bug!
  8. Misiak

Misiak Members

You can't. You must either to wait the guys will fix this or use cMIUI which is based on CM9 and without this bug instead. Crazy they haven't still fixed this up after so many complaints. I would expect at least some output from miui guys saying "yes we know about this, sorry. We are trying to fix it". But nothing, this bug is present from June release and still not fixed. I'm about to think this will never be fixed :-(( And also this sms notification bug, nobody cares....
  9. Diong

Diong Members

it mention on this week release, they have fix this bug, i tried on SGS3 it working, i haven tried it on SGS2 yet
  10. Misiak

Misiak Members

Yes, it is fixed also for SG2 ;-)

Share Our Site