TEST

HTC Official Bugs Report

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by TheJedi, Mar 29, 2011.

1. TheJedi

TheJedi Members

Ok guys, I red of a lot of bugs in the new Gingerbread version of the ROM, so what about an official thread to report them and, if available, a way to solve them.

I don't have flashed it yet because i need to send it to HTC for a problem, so you have to start :D
  2. Google Adsense

3. faddys123

faddys123 Members

Laggy Launcher in newest gingerbread

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  4. baker71

baker71 Members

I have not had any trouble at all actually. I went to this from CM7Rc2 and i don't regret it. Full wipe ofcourse before flashing , and did not import data-backups or anything , just in case some old setting would be borked. Launcher is smooth as silk. Running ADW Launcher EX now though , even smoother , plus i never got used to the 'all apps on the desktop' theme... 8)
  5. vozerek

vozerek Members

Maybe it's just me, but I just switched to MIUI from CM7 nightlies.
    What doesn't seem to work for me is that the file browser is not getting populated properly. I really like the idea of how it has divided everything, however it shows 0 files for everything and 4.1GB of miscellaneous. Pictures that I take with the camera will appear there, and after a while would disappear as well.

Same goes for the music player - won't populate the list with anything. Same with the gallery. Maybe I am missing something but this is annoying and I can't figure out a way to do it.

Other than that, as a ROM it seems a bit more consumer oriented than CM which seems more focused on giving a pure android experience with extra features instead of user interface tweaks.
  6. TheJedi

TheJedi Members

Hi guys, so the new release have fixed the bugs?
  7. Haran

Haran Members

Laggy and force close launcher here, plus some proximity issues and lockscreen freeze (only 1 time)
  8. dstephens189

dstephens189 Members

i have a feeling this launcher lag must be an issue with importing backed up apps from previous froyo builds. i had previously had my aps backed up and suffered real bad with lag but i done a full wipe of phone and repartioned my sd card and now its really nice,, anybody who is still having this issue try that cos i really think that is the problem..
  9. skuum

skuum Members

Did a full wipe, still experiencing some lag in launcher.

No contacts photos in Messaging app. Neither in thread-list or in the conversation.

I get photos in Contacts app just fine... So the bug must be in the Messaging app.

I also noticed that only some contacts photos shows up during a call... All my contacts are synced with Google contacts.

?
  10. S_Kool

S_Kool Members

i have Camera bug...works well for some time and then when i take a new pic it just freez the whole device...i need to takeout the battery

any suggestions

sorry for bad english:)
  11. Wolf

Wolf Members

Same problem with launcher and phone restarts at will but only gets as far as the droid screen and can't boot up until I remove the bat. Never had this problem with 1.3.25. Don't really wanna go back to an older ROM
  12. the_maassk

the_maassk Members

I have a bug with the notification LED not working properly on the Desire. Whatever settings i use, the Blue always comes on with the amber or green!

13. hectorgl

hectorgl Members

I have a similar problem with the blue led on notification. It doesn't blink and can't change to any other color.

It only works properly when led color notification is handled by application (such as whatsapp).
    Anybody found solution for this?
    Thanks!

14. Treelz

Treelz Members

proximity sensor

Now i do not use my phone very much for calls, but when i do call someone and i hold the phone up to my ear, the screen does not turn back on when i remove the phone from my ear. Which to me, is rather annoying.

I don't know if i am the only one?
  15. TheJedi

TheJedi Members

A couple of people have noticed it before, waiting for 1.4.15 hoping it fix the problem.
  16. tanclo

tanclo Members

Same here. Doesn't integrate with sip phones either. Proximity sensor not working and integration with contact/dialer just doesn't work at all. I have to write numbers down. Then enter manually in sipdroid and csipsimple. Is skype also not integrating? Haven't tested.

1.4.8 not lagging anymore nor is launcher force closing as much. Like the improvement in text color and darker ui in some apps plus other tweaks. Thanks to the devs.

17. TheJedi

TheJedi Members

Guys, with the .22 release have they fixed lag of launcher? I reverted back to Sense for that.
  18. krypticos

krypticos Members

I was getting launcher lag but I turned off high quality graphics and icon shadows and it's pretty smooth. I also have had launcher fc but it doesn't happen that often for me. I also replaced the a2sd script with the stable version 2.5.7.3-1 or what ever the version number is. I know alot of my problems was that. I also have the camera issues.

Sent from my Nexus One using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  19. TheJedi

TheJedi Members

Wow, i had just the laucher lag if i add more than 3 page, but i hate lag in homescreen scrolling.
  20. arrtoo

arrtoo Members

I registered a problem when the alarm goes off in the morning, sometimes the dismiss button is dark grey and you can not touch it. If you touch it some times it work, but it seems like its a problem with it.
  21. bL4Ck

bL4Ck Members

Anyone had any issue with the lockscreen? Sometimes the lockscreen becomes "static", you can unlock but the screen doesn't unlock and you keep on seeing the lockscreen.

i found that youtube widget was making my launcher lag bad, after removing it the problem solved.
    Also try to remove "Hi-res graphics", "Icon shadows" and "Keep in memory", with this stuff off the lag disappeared completely.

I even changed the kernel, i'm using VorkKernel 720p kernel for CyanogenMod, it's way better than stock kernel.

Share Our Site