Recommended kernal for SGS

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by DarKnight69, Jun 26, 2011.

1. DarKnight69

DarKnight69 Members

What is a good kernel besides the stock cm7 for miui that would work on my SGS that someone can recommend? I don't want to go searching and do random flashing cause the phone is pretty much the only way ppl can get ahold of me and I can't have it down for long trying this and that

Sent from my GT-I9000 using the miuiandroid.com forum app
  2. Google Adsense

3. srkoza

srkoza Members

i was wondering the same thing
  4. SilverMist1

SilverMist1 Members

5. srkoza

srkoza Members

Thanks silvermist the first post works good just flashed it can oc at 1.6ghz running 1.3 very smooth no more lockscreen lag :)

6. srkoza

srkoza Members

now im on glitch version 10c-vc has worked for 3 days no bad experiences yet :)
  7. DarKnight69

DarKnight69 Members

Thanks. I'll give em a try

8. srkoza

srkoza Members

glitch v11 is out but u have to know how good ur cpu is (the quality make of it) cause there is high leak medium leak and low leak versions the low leak is for the best ones. you can oc up to 1.7 ghz :)
  9. srkoza

srkoza Members

platypus kernels offers the led notification for samsung galaxy s i really like that option saves battery because your screen doesnt come on while your messages come only your buttons light up. :) automatically after you flash their kernal itl do that for you im finding it no lag good memory management (also using the v6 supercharger script found on xda) for my i9000
  10. Anamorphica

Anamorphica Members

After flashing latest platypus I lost my external sd-card. Is this common issue or what?

EDIT:
    I flashed MIUI 1.8.26 stock kernel back and now it works again. So perhaps platypus doesn't work 100% with 1.8.26 at least not on my sgs :D
  11. Anamorphica

Anamorphica Members

12. srkoza

srkoza Members

Im on platypus v 11 it workes fine with my phone also look up v6 supercharger and 3g turbo booster on xda that worked for me too everything is super smooth good quadrant scores

13. Anamorphica

Anamorphica Members

I tried v6 supercharger and 3g turbo booster and after those my sgs went loop booting. Dunno what happened, maybe I did it wrong.

Where I can find instructions for v6 supercharger? I mean like hand to hand manual :D I tought I did everything as meant to do but still it caught on boot loop :)

I had DarkyROM 10.2 and darkcore 2.9.3 but still... it was supposed to work :D

I quess by the way that I had platypus v 10, could that been the problem for SD-card detection? :D
  14. galaxy89

galaxy89 Members

Neo Kernels
    Glitch Kernels
    Tiamat Kernels

These three tend to be the most used with MIUI...
  15. galaxy89

galaxy89 Members

Been using the latest Glitch kernel and for me its the best of the lot!

Share Our Site