HTC [ROM] [29-03] TripNMiUI V4 - MIUI ICS | B008

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by TripNRaVeR, Mar 29, 2012.

1. TripNRaVeR

TripNRaVeR MIUI Android Staff

I think its time for the next level of mobile entertainment, this time the long awaited upgrade for TripNMiUI.

Mobile network (calls, data)
    Full HWA
    Video playback
    All HW sensors
    SD-Card mount to pc
    Display rotation
    MIUI Themes
    Videocamera 1080P, 720P, 480P, CIF

This rom is NOT based upon the official MIUI but build from source (AOSP)

2. Google Adsense

3. dwcasey

dwcasey Members

Great work TripNRaVeR! Heard over on XDA you might be working on something, glad I found it :) So far...

- Panoramic mode on camera displays a yellow interlaced image, but it appears that panorama capture is trying to work. You can start/stop it
    - The focus sound in the camera is cool, but loud, not sure where/how to turn this off
    - Going to Settings, About and System Updates ( use to be a way to boot to recovery from here ) will cause a "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped." I use 4EXT for recovery anyway, but wanted to test it.
    - The UI is so smooth. Much better than my previous go at MIUIAndroid's and Webstar1's UMI
    - Attempted to apply a lockscreen from Themes...Customize...Lockscreen and it won't take. It says Theme Applied, but the lockscreen doesn't change. This might be a MIUI v4 thing where the old themes aren't working on v4. I've trolled the net looking for some v4 themes and have found a couple, I will test those.
    - Attempt to change Lockscreen wallpaper says "failed to apply theme."
    - Did I mention that it's super smooth :)
    - Long press on home to show recent/running tasks works, but does not show memory used/avail at the top or it's showing, but font color is black and can't see it
    - Torch is working great from both lockscreen and the app

edit: tried to apply this v4 theme and nothing took. It said it was in old format, then it said it converted it, but nothing changed.
  4. snguyen0730

snguyen0730 Members

None of the themes are sticking.
    However I do like some of the small tweaks that you made.
  5. TripNRaVeR

TripNRaVeR MIUI Android Staff

I will update this rom with backwards compatibillity for gingerbread themes that fixes also the miui v4 themes
    raycaster3 likes this.
  6. dwcasey

dwcasey Members

Did this and now that v4 theme worked
    "With root explorer or similar app, go to data/system and then create a new folder named theme there. It was a solution for early releases of v4 for sgs2"

Everything worked, too. Lockscreen, fonts, etc.

edit: other pieces of themes are now working as well...icons, lockscreen, wallpapers, etc.

Share Our Site