[ROM][AROMA]MIUI FOR HTC ONE X - BASED ON OFFICIAL BETA

Discussion in 'HTC One X' started by Leventc, Apr 27, 2012.

1. fishy

fishy Members

nice job dude.
  2. fishy

fishy Members

superuser fc's, titanium backup cant gain root
  3. friedrich

friedrich Members

does it support OTA update?
  4. iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches Script Gatekeeper Staff Member

Can I ask where the "public" beta is?

The One X is still in internal/private beta
  5. zeubug

zeubug Members

Attached Files:

6. Leventc

Leventc Members

yes
  7. Leventc

Leventc Members

This is a leak
  8. sumeshd

sumeshd Members

Is it 2.4.25 or 2.4.27??

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  9. iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches Script Gatekeeper Staff Member

I don't think we will support leaked Xiaomi ROMs. The leaked ROMs on XDA got shut down as well. I'll talk to the staff.
  10. ancola66

ancola66 Members

Installed and it much better than the MIUI official version of ICS on S2 :D ( I previously used S2 ) >>> No FC at all:D
  11. daica

daica Members

how is the camera, is it htc camera?
  12. friedrich

friedrich Members

why is the official gtalk excluded? I tried several ways to install gtalk but all failed. could someone tell me how?
  13. ancola66

ancola66 Members

Yes, includes application of HTC :
    * Camera
    * Gallery
    * Music with Beats
    daica likes this.
  14. mindcandy

mindcandy Members

Can anyone recommend or write a howto guide for flashing the One X please?
    I'm coming from the HTC HD2 and whilst I know my way around MAGLDR, Task29, RUU etc, talk of AROMA, Fastboot, S-ON/OFF and the like is pretty alien to me right now.
    I've had a good look around and have so far managed to root my One X and unlock the boot loader using HTCDev (which I'm assuming is equivalent to installing a HardSPL?), but I'm getting stuck with the Fastboot/boot.img stuff. Exactly how much of the Android SDK will I need to install (which packages?) and why do I need boot.img when I've already got ClockworkMod installed and working?
    All and any advice gratefully received!
  15. raz

raz Members

Cwm let's you flash updates but s-on (safety-on) devices have to manually flash boot.img using fastboot.

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Sent from my HTC One X running LeeDroid One Xtreme 4.0.0
  16. mindcandy

mindcandy Members

Hi raz,
    Thanks for the comment but just to be be clear; I connect my phone to PC via USB, reboot whilst holding the power button and volume down. Select fastboot mode. Open a cmd window in windows and then simply type "fastboot flash boot boot.img"?
    The OP said to extract the boot.img from the .zip, presumably I move that to the root of my phone's SD Card?
    Why do some of the howto's on other sites talk about installing the SDK? Was that actually necessary? is that somehow required for fastboot commands to work?
    I've come to prefer Android over WinMo but I don't mind admitting the learning curve is a bit steeper in terms of flashing ROM's.
  17. ancola66

ancola66 Members

*With WM you just need a HSPL . This would be equivalent to S-Off on HTC Android device.
    *With HTC devices running Android OS If you have S-Off is that you take full control over your device ( Similar to HSPL with WM )
    *However with the current ONE X, You can only unlock the bootloader with HTCdev ( No tool S-Off for now ) >>> This also means that you only have half the S-Off
    * With HTC unlock bootloader, You can flash any custom rom but not flashing Kernel integrated in the rom that and cant flash any radio...>>> So you have an extra step : flash boot.img (Kernel) of the Custom Rom before flash Custom Rom.

Sorry for my poor English, hope to get help for you.:D
  18. raz

raz Members

Yes boot phone into hboot and then select fastboot. Then connect USB to phone/pc... Open cmd and navigate to the folder the fastboot files are stored in e.g.

cd c:\fastboot

Then once in directory

c:\fastboot> fastboot flash boot boot.img

If you are looking for the fastboot files they can be found on xda forums under android development for HTC One X I think.

I'm not too sure bout the SDK part as I haven't had much experience in it. Sorry.
    But you don't need none of that. It's so straight forward.

Htcdev unlock
    Cwm recovery (latest as they have fixed charging problem)
    Nandroid backup
    Flash *.zip (and yes extract boot.img from *.zip provided incase dev hasn't provided a seperate link) and flash through fastboot.
    Done!

Sent from my HTC One X running LeeDroid One Xtreme 4.0.0
  19. mindcandy

mindcandy Members

Thanks to you both!
    raz likes this.
  20. nooomoto

nooomoto Members

What base is this, 1.28 or 1.26? I've already flashed the boot.img for the 1.28 base.

Share Our Site