TEST

[ROM] MIUIAndroid 2.4.13 TORO

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by thebignoob, Mar 30, 2012.

1. thebignoob

thebignoob MIUI Android Staff

Hey guys, I've taken the GSM Galaxy Nexus beta and have ported it over to the CDMA/LTE version on Verizon Wireless for here in the states.

I can actually release this to say that I'm comfortable with it enough to use it as a daily driver. So here we go.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

MIUIAndroid 2.4.13 TORO
    [DOWNLOAD HERE]
    MD5(miuiandroid_GNEX-TORO-2.4.13.zip)= d08a3a1743995c48c024a2d396de5474

I'm not responsible if you break your phone, or your self esteem.

Make sure you wipe EVERYTHING. Including, Data, Cache, and Dalvik-Cache.
    Fresh Install, let boot and enjoy.

A few important notes, the Download app found in the tools folder prevents you from downloading large apps through the market over the carrier network, simply go into the app settings to disable this if you don't want to connect to a wifi network.

As far as I can tell most everything is working correctly, however if you notice something amiss. Leave a note here.

Known Issues:
    Launcher Lag (Try turing on Force GPU acceleration under Development Settings)

Cheers guys!
    qdatvn, BixBix78 and Cothek like this.
  2. Google Adsense

3. Cothek

Cothek Members

Awesome! Thanks for your hard work!
  4. inleemind

inleemind Members

everything is good but the camcorder force closes when you try to use it
  5. thebignoob

Yeah I notice that too, I'm going to try a few things out tomorrow to see if there's anything I can do about it.
  6. Anothamexican

Anothamexican Members

So the OP says that in order to download large files from the market I have to change that option in the " app settings." Sorry for sounding like a newb but how do you do that? When Im in the market and click on settings the "Update over Wi-Fi only" is unchecked. I click on it just in case but it doesnt make a difference. When I bring up settings in my home screen and click on apps, The menu button just brings up the search size of the apps. Can someone please help?
  7. thebignoob

Questions are good!

In the Home Launcher screen by default there should be a folder called tools. Within the tools folder (or wherever you may have put it now) there is an app called Downloads.

[​IMG]

After entering the App, go ahead and hit the menu button and select "Settings"

[​IMG]

Now when you are finally here you have the option to turn off monitoring by deselecting "Data download prompt", or you can set a different value if you want it to control large file downloads if you are on a limited data plan.

[​IMG]

I hope this helps! I'm going to be messing around with some camcorder/gallery things later today too, hopefully I can get something sorted out.
    Anothamexican likes this.
  8. Anothamexican

Anothamexican Members

Thank you so much! That solved my problem.
  9. thebignoob

Newest build is up now, i've addressed many of the issues from last week.

Camcorder is fixed
    Wi-Fi tether is fixed
    Airplane mode is fixed
    Dictionary download bug is fixed (now battery life is less sucky)

If there's something broke, you know the drill.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  10. qdatvn

qdatvn Members

Can nexus of Docomo (Japanese) use this MIUI rom ?
  11. Joseph Schneider

Joseph Schneider Members

Thanks For the ROM, question, I usually use Rom Manager to update, I notice that it seems to lag behind a bit as far as the latest ROM version, should I scrap using it? What does everyone else do? Thanks.
  12. iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches Script Gatekeeper Staff Member

Sorry. I handle Rom Manager.

Forgot to push this file. Somehow missed downloading it this week.

EDIT: Its up now.
  13. Joseph Schneider

Joseph Schneider Members

Sweet. Thank you.

Sent from my MZ609 using Tapatalk 2
  14. greed77

greed77 Members

I had MIUI on my Incredible for a while and it was AWESOME. Now I have a GNex and I'm looking at installing MIUI again. The problem, is that I can't tell if the current version is built on ICS. I can see references to future versions being built on it, but from what I understand you're waiting on CM to come out with their part first?

Do I have that right? I'd LOVE to get back into MIUI, I just don't want to have to wipe and re-install when the ICS version comes out :p

Thanks! And keep up the good work!
  15. swagmar

swagmar Members

What are the icons you're using in the OP?! They're awesome!

Share Our Site