TEST

Samsung S Voice for S2

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by ™Windy, May 21, 2012.

1. ™Windy

™Windy Members

Anyone heard about the S Voice - the "Siri" for AOS in SGS3 can work on S2? I have tried this apk but it's seem that this app can work well on MIUI V4. Do you have an ideas ? I want to use S Voice now ;)
  2. Google Adsense

3. iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches Script Gatekeeper Staff Member

4. blamethevoices

blamethevoices Members

It was good while it lasted! The S Voice application from the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S III was extracted from the shipping ROM that was leaked and was made available to other Android devices. According to reports, it was working pretty well on ICS-powered phone, like the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, that is until Samsung blocked the servers.
    According to recent reports, users on non-Galaxy S III devices are getting errors when trying to operate the leaked S Voice app. According to the community, the application sends out a lot of information to the servers, including your device’s make and model, so it’s pretty easy to filter out usage server-side (which is a Vlingo server in the U.S., in case you’re wondering). Until there’s a workaround you will not be able to use one of the Galaxy S III’s main selling points.
  5. dyleck

dyleck Members

Well, i didn't take long. :) Here is a workaround taken from TalkAndroid site.

1- Get root
    2- Get root explorer (or anything else, but seriously, get root explorer)
    3- (Optional) With root explorer browse /system , find build.prop and copy/paste it elsewhere for backup purposes.
    4 – Press Mount as R/W (top little button)
    5- Still in /system, text edit build.prop and change below 2 lines Those are the only ones needed. Most likely all you’ll need is to replace two 0′s for two 3′s. (GT-I9000 -> GT-I9300)

ro.product.device=GT-I9300
    ro.product.model=GT-I9300

6- Save and Exit.
    7- Press Mount as R/O (top little button)
    8- Reboot your device.
  6. SavageBrat

SavageBrat Members

Can confirm as dyleck stated.. does/still working.. :cool:
  7. ™Windy

™Windy Members

I have try your guide. It's work but not smoothly. Sometime it's FC. Can you set up the wake-up command? :( My app always FC when i tried to set it up.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  8. SavageBrat

SavageBrat Members

Did you set the permissions ..
  9. wezmaster

wezmaster Members

tried this and it wont simply boot :( its in bootloop.. now trying to figure out how to come out of it.. any help.. :(
  10. SavageBrat

SavageBrat Members

hmm..ok try this..data/app and paste voicetalk.apk and set permissions
    r-w
    r
    r
  11. wezmaster

wezmaster Members

OK.. here is some update from my side. After getting stuck on bootloop I was unable to re-install MIUI rom cause it checks for build.prop variables. My Laptop and Odin was unable to detect my Mobile. I taught I lost my S2 for a sec.

Finally I used a JIG and retried with Odin which then detected my mobile. I downloaded Odin compatible rom and installed it. But in this process lost all my data.

So please be careful before u try this
  12. SavageBrat

SavageBrat Members

my question would be what got you into the the boot loop to begin with was it because of the installing of s-talk apk ?
  13. Angelo

Angelo Members

@Blamethevoices R u sorry it has already been bypassed?

Sent from my GT-9100@MIUI 2.5.18/Siyah kernel
  14. SavageBrat

SavageBrat Members

really as mine is working fine..
  15. Angelo

Angelo Members

Mine as well...i was asking user blametgevoices who sounds almost happy of samsung blocking svoice on other devices

Sent from my GT-9100@MIUI 2.5.18+Siyah kernel
  16. ™Windy

™Windy Members

Yes. I have changed the permission. It worked but sometime still FC
  17. SavageBrat

SavageBrat Members

@Windy, kind of lost at the moment, have you installed it as a system app or a regular? Also try turning off the speaker head on the lower left hand side as i also have an issue with it some times..
  18. ™Windy

™Windy Members

I have flash the new update of S Voice. It work perfect include the wake-up command.

Share Our Site