TEST

Samsung SGS2 - 2.3.30 No Serivce

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by Actionman, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Actionman

Actionman Members

i updated my S2 to the latest miui when i restarted i got no service message and i can`t make the mobile to work with any sim and this mobile is unlocked. please any one help me...
    thanks in advance
  2. Google Adsense

3. Actionman

Actionman Members

any help guys my mobile is just a mp3 player now
    uspeekchainezeREBORN likes this.
  4. dimsum888

dimsum888 Members

try installing siya kernel, i used to have unknown number problem when somebody call me with 2.3.30.
  5. Actionman

Actionman Members

does the kernal help me register to the network
  6. MatthewChen

MatthewChen Members

check if your IMEI is still intact. or check your /efs partition, sometimes efs partition get corrupted if you flash roms. so, it's best to back them up at least once.
  7. uspeekchainezeREBORN

uspeekchainezeREBORN Members

YO SON! Check your phone's STATUS and let me know if you can see the phone's IMEI and other info or if it says unknown. If it says unknown for the IMEI or if you get an error trying to go into status then you need to tell me cause we need to operate doctor!!!!!!!!!! I have a solution, but only if your phone is really messed up like that. Let me know BROOOOOOOO
  8. dimsum888

dimsum888 Members

sorry i mean modem. for some strange reasons when i had the 2.3.30 Unkown number would always appear when I receive calls. i flashed ki4 modem and it was solved.
  9. Actionman

Actionman Members

yes bro i can`t get the IMEI any more and baseband unkown and the phone in *#1234# is unknow too.
  10. Actionman

Actionman Members

there was no one out there telling this in the process of flashing no one :(::::::::::
  11. MatthewChen

MatthewChen Members

have you tried *#06#? firstly try flashing different modem, which rom are you using before you update to the latest miui? you could try flashing that modem,

a while back, i have this problem also, i thought that efs partition was corrupted, so i restored my backup, and yet i am getting no signal nor my IMEI, tried reinstalling the rom which reinstalled the modem worked. try it. you could reflash MIUI and check if it works.
  12. Actionman

Actionman Members

i was on I9100XXLPQ then MIUI 2.3.16 ICS then MIUI 2.3.30 here i got no service and the problem started

checked every thing is unknown
  13. Actionman

Actionman Members

with *#06# i got empty IMEI and i can`t open the mobile network in settings.
  14. MatthewChen

MatthewChen Members

try reflashing the fw
  15. Actionman

Actionman Members

and what is the fw?????:D
  16. uspeekchainezeREBORN

HEY RELAX. THIS CAN BE FIXED EASILY.
  17. uspeekchainezeREBORN

STOP LISTENING TO PEOPLE THAT DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. I have seen this problem before. It is very serious. If not dealt with accordingly will destroy your phone. The first thing for you to STOP DOING is flashing your phone. DO NOT START FLASHING FW(FIRMWARES) I will post this message first so you stop doing that in case you are doing as the explanation on how to fix this is a bit lengthy.
  18. uspeekchainezeREBORN

ALLRIGHT DUDE, what you did was by being a happy flasher you managed to corrupt your EFS folder in your phone. It gets changed every time you flash a new rom as this folder is located in the root of the system. What you need to do from NOW ON after we fix your phone is to do a backup of your EFS folder by using this program below::

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wxLDEsIm5ldC5oZWxsY2F0LmRyb2lkZGV2Lmt0b29sIl0.

Now, to fix your phone, you only see that the phone says NO SERVICE. This is because since the EFS has been corrupted the imei of the phone has been destroyed and or deleted. No matter what you flash dude, you will not be able to get it back. There are methods to get an IMEI from a generic device but this is illegal in many countries as faking an IMEI to register a phone on a network is considered a felony in some countries. What you need to do to fix the phone is simple, download the tool that my buddy made that is in the android market here::

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.helroz.GSII_Repair

Then just go through the process of Backing up the folder, it does not matter if the EFS in intact or not. Just go through the steps 1by1. So in step one you must do this!

Next step is to mount the EFS and this requires root. Not just any root. You need busybox and NOT JUST the latest busybox will do. You need to download busybox and then start from the newest and work your way down to the version that will allow for the second step to perform the operation. If busybox version is wrong the program will tell you that your busybox version is wrong and just try an older version of the busybox installer. The busybox installer is here from the android market:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsInN0ZXJpY3Nvbi5idXN5Ym94Il0.

Once you have the right version, the program will continue to the 3rd step and you can repair the EFS folder and the nv_data.bin file within that has been causing the problems. Then after that you will get confirmation it worked. After this please restart your phone and see if you have signal. If you do, YOU HAVE YOUR PHONE BACK. THEN AFTER USE THE KTOOL I TOLD YOU ABOVE AND BACKUP THE EFS FOLDER!! GOOD LUCK DUDE!!!!!!! By the way FORUM MODs PLEASE STOP ERASING MY POSTS. I WILL NOT HELP PEOPLE HERE IF YOU KEEP ERASING MY POSTS WITH NO WARNING!!
  19. Actionman

Actionman Members

thanks for your answer and yes i was a happy flasher and yes i still flashing :D you got me. sure if i know that would happen i would never done that and no one on any form said that you need to backup efs before flashing. for the GSII_Repair i tried it with the
    I9100XXLPQ and the CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-v5.3-CWM5 with no luck i got a backup of efs from a friend of mine but i can`t register with it on the network i tried one of the local stores of samsung and no luck some people say that some stock roms fix that and thats what i`m trying i will stop now and wait for your reply and again thanks bro and i really hope that people start putting the backup of efs in there threads. and sure to get my mobile on thanks.
  20. uspeekchainezeREBORN

I don't understand did you do everything i told you? It didn't work? You need to be on a non-stock rom for this to work. Flash miui GB. That means gingerbread from here and do what i told you. It will work. If you are running stock rom with a modified kernel this will not work. Use CWM and flash the latest MIUI Gingerbread they released here.

Sent from My Badass SGS2 Running MIUI.
  21. Actionman

Actionman Members

roger that i will flash MIUI GB then try your way again thanks for your reply bro.

Share Our Site