Sgs2 2.5.11 - random crashes/reboots

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Angelo, May 12, 2012.

1. Angelo

Angelo Members

Hello, this bug still persists both with miui and siyah kernels. Phone will randomly reboot or freeze....anyone else have this?

Sent from my GT-9100@MIUI 2.5.4/Siyah kernel
  2. Google Adsense

3. wax_digital

wax_digital Members

Had the freezing problem with 2.5.4 so reverted to 2.4.27. I didn't have the Siyah kernel installed then (just stock rooted) so looks like it's a problem with the rom.
  4. Angelo

Angelo Members

What about 2.5.11?do u have it there?

Sent from my GT-9100@MIUI 2.5.4/Siyah kernel
  5. wax_digital

wax_digital Members

Well I only used 2.5.11 for 5 mins before reverting back as notifications weren't coming through for go SMS.
  6. svenkramer

svenkramer Members

No problems here about the called issue. No reboots, no other FC's only the known once.
    You just have to use the CF-Root kernel and then install MiUI 2.5.11 again, with wiping everything and the problem
    should be solved.

MiUI and Siyah looks like it's not fully 100% compatible.
  7. Angelo

Angelo Members

Hi thanks for reply, could you be a bit more specific?link to the kernel you r talking about?

Sent from my GT-9100@MIUI 2.5.11/Siyah kernel
  8. svenkramer

svenkramer Members

First of all you need to know, or I need to know, what your current kernel is? Because CF root needs a specific
    kernel file. Post the whole information under "kernel" and then I can give you a link to download.

Menu - Settings - About phone and scroll downstairs you'll see Kernel.
  9. boxcarracer81

boxcarracer81 Members

Don't have any random freezes/reboots here on my SGS2(with siyah 3.2.1). Did you use titaniumbackup perhaps to restore apps and settings? I've read a number of posts about ti backup causing problems after a restore.. Or maybe some of your apps that run in the background cause instability...
  10. Dastis

Dastis Members

I've had some random FC's today. A couple happened when using spotify over the 3g network and one happened when my phone was in lockscreen. Missed a message because of it..
  11. dyleck

dyleck Members

Make sure that you haven't undervolted your CPU too low. I exeperienced reboots/freezes then went to voltage settings and added 25mV to each frequency. Problem then went away.
  12. Angelo

Angelo Members

Right now I have Kernel Version: 3.0.31-siyah-v3.2.1+gm@gm-mint
  13. Dastis

Dastis Members

Haven't done any undervolting or anything else. I've been using the stock miui I've gotten from miuiandroid.com.
  14. Angelo

Angelo Members

Nop no titanium backup used
  15. Angelo

Angelo Members

I left the voltages default...what voltages are you using per frequency?
  16. mzeshanhakeem

mzeshanhakeem Members

No random reboots, using default MIUI Kernel. Only problem with MIUI ROM i am facing is, battery timing is too short. Only gets 2hrs screen on time with 50% brightness and 3g on.
  17. Alexx

Alexx Members

I get random reboots on 2.5.11 with MIUI kernel and I also did with the last couple of versions. It usually happens a short while after using the music player, spotify or other apps that use sound. It will either reboot on its own in my pocket, or when I try to unlock it. Sometimes it freezes while locked so I have to hold the power button for 10 seconds to reboot manually. It happens once or twice a day so it's getting pretty annoying.
  18. iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches Script Gatekeeper Staff Member

If anyone can grab the logcat causing the reboots this would aid in greatly in reporting this. I don't have an SGS2 so I can't help in much in terms of reproducing this bug :/
  19. Angelo

Angelo Members

Hi ibot...i will do it but i have no idea how...can you give me step by step guidance?ive never done it before.

20. iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches Script Gatekeeper Staff Member

Once a reboot happens. If you run
    "adb logcat > log.txt" then
    log.txt will have the logcat. Hopefully, the logcat will show the reboot. Or just plug your phone into the computer. Run "adb logcat >> log.txt" and do actions that you'll think will trigger the reboot / FC.

Then upload that log.txt to pastebin.
  21. Angelo

Angelo Members

How do i run adb logcat on my phone?do i need an app? You have to be more specific Ibot cause I don't know where to go and run those commands

EDIT: I am not sure if I did it right...is this it?I used aLogcat application from Play Store after a crash/softreboot.
    Also note that after this kind of reboots, some applications within folders in the launcher, show twice!

I/BootTime(11732): Fail Safe scanning for:/mnt/asec/com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2/pkg.apk
    I/PackageManager(11732): ICS_DEBUG scanPackageLI entered com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
    I/PackageManager(11732): ICS_DEBUG checking for com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
    E/MTPRx (12841): file kieswifi.dat is not found
    D/LauncherSettings(12010): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
    D/ScreenUtils(12010): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair with [82]
    D/AllAppsList(12010): Loaded application Kies air at (1, 0) of screen -1 under container 48
    I/BootTime(14189): Fail Safe scanning for:/mnt/asec/com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2/pkg.apk
    I/PackageManager(14189): ICS_DEBUG scanPackageLI entered com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
    I/PackageManager(14189): ICS_DEBUG checking for com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
    E/MTPRx (15338): file kieswifi.dat is not found
    E/MTPRx (15338): file kieswifi.dat is not found
    D/LauncherSettings(14436): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
    D/ScreenUtils(14436): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair with [82]
    D/AllAppsList(14436): Loaded application Kies air at (1, 0) of screen -1 under container 48
    I/BootTime(16770): Fail Safe scanning for:/mnt/asec/com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2/pkg.apk
    I/PackageManager(16770): ICS_DEBUG scanPackageLI entered com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
    I/PackageManager(16770): ICS_DEBUG checking for com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
    D/LauncherSettings(17021): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
    D/ScreenUtils(17021): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair with [82]
    D/AllAppsList(17021): Loaded application Kies air at (1, 0) of screen -1 under container 48
    E/MTPRx (17898): file kieswifi.dat is not found
    E/MTPRx (21364): file kieswifi.dat is not found
    I/BootTime(20321): Fail Safe scanning for:/mnt/asec/com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2/pkg.apk
    I/PackageManager(20321): ICS_DEBUG scanPackageLI entered com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
    I/PackageManager(20321): ICS_DEBUG checking for com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
    D/LauncherSettings(20599): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
    D/ScreenUtils(20599): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair with [82]
    D/AllAppsList(20599): Loaded application Kies air at (1, 0) of screen -1 under container 48
    D/VoldCmdListener( 1774): CommandListener::AsecCmd::runCommand -> 'com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2'
    D/MountService(23000): :::: getSecureContainerPath :: path = /mnt/sdcard/external_sd, id = com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2
    D/VoldCmdListener( 1774): asec path com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
    D/MountService(23000): :::: isSecureContainerMounted :: path = /mnt/sdcard/external_sd, id = com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2, ret = false
    D/MountService(23000): :::: mountSecureContainer :: path = /mnt/sdcard/external_sd, id = com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2, ownerUid = 1000
    D/VoldCmdListener( 1774): asec mount com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2 {} 1000 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
    E/Vold ( 1774): ASEC com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2 already mounted
    D/MountService(23000): :::: getSecureContainerPath :: path = /mnt/sdcard/external_sd, id = com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2
    I/BootTime(23000): Fail Safe scanning for:/mnt/asec/com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2/pkg.apk
    D/VoldCmdListener( 1774): asec path com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
    I/PackageManager(23000): ICS_DEBUG scanPackageLI entered com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
    I/PackageManager(23000): ICS_DEBUG checking for com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
    D/MountService(23000): :::: isSecureContainerMounted :: path = /mnt/sdcard/external_sd, id = com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2, ret = true
    W/PackageManager(23000): Unknown permission android.permission.READ_TASKS in package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
    W/PackageManager(23000): Unknown permission android.permission.WRITE_TASKS in package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
    D/LauncherSettings(23244): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
    D/ScreenUtils(23244): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair with [82]
    D/AllAppsList(23244): Loaded application Kies air at (1, 0) of screen -1 under container 48
    E/MTPRx (24103): file kieswifi.dat is not found
    V/BackupManagerService(23000): addPackageParticipantsLocked: com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair

Share Our Site