TEST

HTC [Solved] Camera not working rev 003

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by gmfeny, May 15, 2011.

1. gmfeny

gmfeny Members

My cameras not working on this build. I have a 003 evo with the stock kernal. I just get a blank screen whenever I try to open it.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  2. Google Adsense

3. lithid

lithid Regular user

Ok, I have the 0004 rev hardware for the evo and it works flawlessly. I personally can't test this issue on my phone to replicate. I will need some more people to post on this and will need users to test some update.zip files until i can get the correct libs in place. I don't want you to think your being ignored. I just can't do anything unless I have someone testing on 003 hardware for me.
  4. lithid

lithid Regular user

Here is a test to see if it will work for you now. I compiled a list of the libs needed to fix the 004 camera issue and simply reverted the libs. This should be fine if anyone sees an issue with 003 hardware cams. I have a 004 as i mentioned above so I have the tools needed to get the cam to work on the 004. Someone please test and confirm so I can plan for this issue next week. I really appreciate it.
  5. gmfeny

gmfeny Members

Lol that was fast. Thanx I'm going to try it now. I just flash this correct?

6. lithid

lithid Regular user

Correct just flash this via recovery it will replace the libs that are currently there. Hopefully fixing your issue. Again hopefully!

I also edited the title to reflect your 003 hardware rev in case others see this as well.
  7. gmfeny

gmfeny Members

Just tried and still does not work.

8. lithid

lithid Regular user

When you flashed the rom, did you do a full wipe? How about cache and dalvik-cache?
  9. gmfeny

gmfeny Members

Not a full wipe just cache and dalvik

10. lithid

lithid Regular user

If you wouldn't mind, could you backup your apps with either miui backup or Titanium Backup and try with a full wipe? I tested everything coming from full wipes. I haven't gotten to the point to try without it yet. I really appreciate it.
  11. gmfeny

gmfeny Members

I just did a full wipe and still the same. Not working :( by the way I'm really liking the scroll speed of this rom

12. lithid

lithid Regular user

Even after flashing the lib pack I posted earlier?
  13. gmfeny

gmfeny Members

I wiped everything data, cache, dalvik, flashed rom wiped again flashed libs and tried camera again but it didn't work

14. lithid

lithid Regular user

Ok, and I am guessing you also tried without those libs as well? just wipe full and flash the rom nothing else? I just trying to make sure. My brother is coming over later with his 003 and ill test somethings on it.
  15. gmfeny

gmfeny Members

Yes well the first time I flashed the rom before you posted the libs it was working then I wiped cache and dalvik flashed the libs and a no go. Then I did a full wipe flashed caulkins wipe everything then flashed rom flashed libs and still a no go. Thanx for the help tho. I rarely use my camera so ill still be running this rom patiently waiting for a fix. Everything else so far is working great

16. lithid

lithid Regular user

How about using the format all and flash only the rom. Does the cam work then?

17. gmfeny

gmfeny Members

One second ill try now

18. gmfeny

gmfeny Members

Did format all reflashed rom but still a no go

19. lithid

lithid Regular user

I just tried on my brothers evo. It is broke. I'm going to try some other libs will you be willing to try another in a few minutes?

20. lithid

lithid Regular user

I need someone with the 003 cameras to flash this lib pack. Hopefully this will be a successful one this time.

Please let me know asap so I can update the threads if this does work.
  21. gmfeny

gmfeny Members

Going to test now

Share Our Site