Stock Jellybean 4.1.1 on xiaomi M2/2S (Latest is QDT14 with Changelog)

For me I started off with Chinese version... then loaded the JB version on partition 2. At this point JB worked.
Yes, .19 works fine here, too - but would be nice to find out what's wrong with QCR89 (or our setup).
-> for those having it up and running - which *version* of stock MIUI did you have installed right before installing? Maybe QCR89 worked only for 5.0 as "base" install? Just guessing as I'm quite new to the MI2 (4 days :) )...

Ok, tried flashing JBL 5.0 (plan was to use stock 5.0 on both partitions as "base" for QCR89 install) via recovery to system1 after doing all 3 wipe options -> touchscreen not working, same as with QCR89. Reboot to MIUIAndroid 3.1.19 in system2 -> touchscreen works fine. Reflashing Miuiandroid to system1 now as I don't dare to flash both system partitions with 5.0 for now :-(

Ok, tried flashing JBL 5.0 (plan was to use stock 5.0 on both partitions as "base" for QCR89 install) via recovery to system1 after doing all 3 wipe options -> touchscreen not working, same as with QCR89. Reboot to MIUIAndroid 3.1.19 in system2 -> touchscreen works fine. Reflashing Miuiandroid to system1 now as I don't dare to flash both system partitions with 5.0 for now :-(
My guess is that some thing related to Screen is changed in new batches of Mi2. Can you tell me please when did you buy the phone as on earlier batches its working ok. and you said JLB 5 is also not working so may be old builds are missing the some new drivers (stock was build in November!)

Reactions: mialwe
I had exactly the same issue. The touch screen part simply didn't work. I tried flashing a single partition and both at the same time so used both rom downloads. I tried it 4 times and after each try every time I went back to the original Chinese rom and it worked first time. I cleared everything possible (I'm aware that the 3 options needed to be used as the translations are incorrect in English as my wife checked the Chinese versions for me)

In the end I gave up and left it with the MIUI rom and replaced the launcher to Nova because I prefer the app draw system (and other features) over the MIUI system.

Loop

p.s my M2 is direct from Xiaomi site so I know its legit.
can you tell me when did you buy your phone and whar JLB version (5,7or 10) it had when you got your phone?

My guess is that some thing related to Screen is changed in new batches of Mi2. Can you tell me please when did you buy the phone as on earlier batches its working ok. and you said JLB 5 is also not working so may be old builds are missing the some new drivers (stock was build in November!)
Hello hadron, thanks for trying to help here - bought my MI2 5 days ago, original device, shipped with JLB7.0.

Thought about drivers, too but it's strange hat it initially worked for e.g. user Loopins as he wrote but stopped working after installing other miui/miuiandroid firmwares.

I went directly from JBL7.0 to miuiandroid 3.1.19 and QCR89 never worked for me. Same for JBL5.0.

can you tell me when did you buy your phone and whar JLB version (5,7or 10) it had when you got your phone?

My phone is 2 weeks old I think (the same week .18 came out I bought my phone) was version 7 (again I think)..and it did an upgrade to 10 as soon as I went on wifi and started playing with the Chinese version.

I hope that helps

Loop

I have the same problem as the others.
When the system gets booted the touchscreen doesn't work.
It only works with the 3.1.19 and the 3.1.25 release.
I received my phone 2 weeks ago and it came with JLB 5.0 so I updated to JLB 7.0, after then I installed your ROM.

I hope that helps.

Topo.

I have the same problem as the others.
When the system gets booted the touchscreen doesn't work.
It only works with the 3.1.19 and the 3.1.25 release.
I received my phone 2 weeks ago and it came with JLB 5.0 so I updated to JLB 7.0, after then I installed your ROM.

I hope that helps.

Topo.
Are you sure JLB 5.0 works on your phone? Because user having problem with touch screen can't also work with JLB5.0

Sent from Teclast A10t using TapaTalk HD

Yes, it worked perfect when it had JLB 5.0 chinese version.
I tried to flash the stock ROM from MiFlash but the result is the same.

Maybe the touchscreen issue gets triggered somwhere during the transition from JBL5.0 -> 7.0 or JBL 5.0 -> MIUIandroid - if I remember right Loopins reported that QCR89 initially worked for him but it never worked again after installing other MIUI versions.

Do touchscreens use some kind of binary firmware which might have been upgraded with some MIUI version? Just wild guessing... - even wilder quessing as I'm new to MI2 - with wich MIUI version was the use-proximity-sensor-to-deactivate-touchscreen-if-in-pocket feature introduced?

Can you maybe have miui 3.1.25 on system 1 and stock JB on system 2 partition? So you can switch between them?

Update: Found the earlier QCQ79 AOSP version via this ROM page someone posted here yesterday (thank you): http://www.miui.com/thread-824671-1-1.html

- base: JBL7.0 on both partitions
- flashed QCQ79 via updater to partition1
- rebooted (without wipes, just testing) - touchscreen WORKS.

- rebooted to JBL7.0 on partition2
- flashed QCR89 via updater to partition1
- rebooted (without wipes, just testing) - touchscreen NOT responding.

Reactions: grondinm
so don't use QCR89 that would tell me...i will add this info to my Miflash guide. thank you

Edit:Now i'm confused. In the full rom thread they have CQC89 but when you download it it's QCR89. I will test this tonight and confirm and add warning in Miflash guide if QCQ/QCR89 breaks touch screen on mine as well.

It seems there is something definitely wrong with the QCR89 build.

There needs to be an update for this, but with the Chinese holidays coming up and Android 4.2 released we may be waiting a while.

It seems there is something definitely wrong with the QCR89 build.
Yep. I'm giving up QCR89 for now. QCQ79 working well for the last few hours, going to use this a few days I think.

In case someone else wants to try this - flashing gapps like described elsewhere did not work for me (nothing happened, no errors, no gapps) but moving playstore to /system/app (as described somewhere in this thread I think), setting permissions rw-r-r and rebooting worked.

I've tried several versions in various combinations. Miui works like a charm (currently on .25), stock Android doesn't work with touchscreen. JLB5 also gives a non responding touchscreen. However love this phone no matter what! Bought my phone in January from ibuygou.

Update: I gave up on AOSP and used miuiandroid for the last hours/days which worked fine, today user Zipalign posted an update in the QCR89 bug thread en.miui.com:
QCS99 has been uploaded as an OTA package, install went fine: JLB7.0 -> QCQ79 via updater -> recovery -> wipe -> booted to QCR79 (partition2) -> installed OTA QCS99 via updater -> reboot to recovery and wiped again (just to be sure) -> reboot to latest partition. Done.

QCS99 runs fine, no touchscreen issues. Kernel build date is Feb-2.

Hi,

It's possible to update without losing our configuration?! Or is mandatory to do a wipe/all data?!

And about the OTA?! Is the same of this update?!

Thx in advance?!

If you are coming from a non-AOSP version wiping is mandatory. The QCS99-OTA package should update to same version as the QCS99-full package type-R posted. Tried only OTA which works fine.