Stock Jellybean 4.1.1 on xiaomi M2/2S (Latest is QDT14 with Changelog)

OK I have install it using OTA and worked fine!

But it is not 4.1.2! Is allready a 4.1.1 version!

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Does anybody know if there's an easy way to get rid of the carrier in the notification bar?
I'll try to remove it with iBotPeaches' apktool and SystemUI tonight but maybe there's a less intrusive way?

If you manage to do it can you upload the apk? i tried with the apktool found the value in the xml file in res/layout/statusbar.xml
First i tried to delete the line containing the Carrier label but now the SystemUI doesn't show anymore. Then i added a new value android:visibility: "gone" , but it still didn't work.Same as before. Anyway if anybody got any ideeas on how to do it please help.

Seems to work - tested only for a few minutes now but here's the modified SystemUI.apk to hide the carrier string. Please use at your own risk.

Used latest apktool, changed/added layout_width/height to 0.0dip and android:maxLength="0" to com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CarrierLabel in res/layout/status_bar.xml - maybe setting only maxlength would have been enough but it seems to work here.

Then replaced /res folder and resources.asc in original SystemUI.apk with the newly generated ones, moved it to /system/app, rebooted - done.

Attachments

• SystemUI.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 252
Reactions: ubelai and bubbl3
You need file explorer with root access like root explorer. Then mount /system /app folder as r/w and copy the downloaded play store app there and set the permissions like other apps there. And then restart.
Good luck

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

Noob question:

If the stock version is not rooted and playstore is not working until you follow the above process, how can u install an app with root access in the phone to move the playstore app in the system/app folder?

Noob question:

If the stock version is not rooted and playstore is not working until you follow the above process, how can u install an app with root access in the phone to move the playstore app in the system/app folder?

Stock is already pre-rooted. Just install SuperSU to control root permissions and side load any root enabled file explorer apk.

Reactions: type-R
Seems to work - tested only for a few minutes now but here's the modified SystemUI.apk to hide the carrier string. Please use at your own risk.

Used latest apktool, changed/added layout_width/height to 0.0dip and android:maxLength="0" to com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CarrierLabel in res/layout/status_bar.xml - maybe setting only maxlength would have been enough but it seems to work here.

Then replaced /res folder and resources.asc in original SystemUI.apk with the newly generated ones, moved it to /system/app, rebooted - done.

Thank you. Works perfectly, only thing missing now is a Battery percentage.

@Shoane - Glad you like it, IMHO statusbar looks much better without the carrier (+ there's more space for notifications).

@bubblr3: QCS99 is deodexed.

Reactions: bubbl3

Tyvm works like a charm :)

Hi everybody !

I'm glad xiaomi built a stock android ROM for the m2, at least one manufacturer that leave us some choice !

I installed the QCS99 built by the recovery (by renaming it update.zip, wiping data etc.). This works brillantly from the first boot.

Then I tried installed gapps latest package from http://goo.im/gapps/ (gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip), renamed it to update.zip and flash it through the recovery with a successful message.
But when restarting the phone, during boot, I don't have the usual "Updating android application / Optimizing 1 of 80 apps" screen...and as expected, the google apps aren't available.

I can always download Google Play Store from Miui Market, but this way I can't have Google Talk application, so it's not a solution for me.

Can you suggest me a solution ?

PS: And by the way, thanks for the numerous informations and resources already found on the site ;)

Peeps. I've come across another hiccup. I am trying to set an .mp3 file as a ringtone. When I first copy it to the sd card I can play the file. As soon as I select it as a ringtone, the file appears to be zero bytes in my sd card. While it is selected as a ringtone in the settings menu, the phone is silent when I ring my number (ringer volume is not silent btw :p).

When I try to play the file using the default music app, I receive error "the player does not support this type of audio file" and when I try to play it with power amp I get a "!List Complete" msg.

Would anyone have any suggestions as to why this could happen?

Hi everybody !

I'm glad xiaomi built a stock android ROM for the m2, at least one manufacturer that leave us some choice !

I installed the QCS99 built by the recovery (by renaming it update.zip, wiping data etc.). This works brillantly from the first boot.

Then I tried installed gapps latest package from http://goo.im/gapps/ (gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip), renamed it to update.zip and flash it through the recovery with a successful message.
But when restarting the phone, during boot, I don't have the usual "Updating android application / Optimizing 1 of 80 apps" screen...and as expected, the google apps aren't available.

I can always download Google Play Store from Miui Market, but this way I can't have Google Talk application, so it's not a solution for me.

Can you suggest me a solution ?

PS: And by the way, thanks for the numerous informations and resources already found on the site ;)

Well, after reading changelogs, it turns "gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip" are built for 4.2.1 android version excluding 4.1.x compatibility.
But the problem is the same with "gapps-jb-20121011-signed" package (latest compatible with 4.1.x built)...

PS: MD5 file signature are ok.

Wondering if anyone could make a comparison on the battery life performances with the stock Rom and any MIUI Rom?
The phone seemed to feel a bit hotter when I had the stock Rom installed, recently reverted back to MIUI though.

Hi,

I was using the old Stock QCR89 and the battery was very well almost 2day and 6hours
After i had upgraded to QCS99 and the battery was well almost 2day
And now i'm on MIUI 3.2.8 in normal mode my phone power off after 1day and 12hours

Now i put it in eco mode and waiting...

I'm not a huge user some SMS, sometimes FB, and 2-3 calls... WiFi always ON, 3 mail account...

:)

Hi,

I was using the old Stock QCR89 and the battery was very well almost 2day and 6hours
After i had upgraded to QCS99 and the battery was well almost 2day
And now i'm on MIUI 3.2.8 in normal mode my phone power off after 1day and 12hours

Now i put it in eco mode and waiting...

I'm not a huge user some SMS, sometimes FB, and 2-3 calls... WiFi always ON, 3 mail account...

:)

Woah that's some results mate!

Unsure as to if I should re-flash QCS99/89 over 3.2.8. Will you be sticking with 3.2.8?

I love the UI,

But the battery for me it's not really good so for the moment i will stay with MIUI to finish battery test. But unfortunately i think i'm going back to the Stock ROM.

I love the UI,

But the battery for me it's not really good so for the moment i will stay with MIUI to finish battery test. But unfortunately i think i'm going back to the Stock ROM.

Yeah I guess I could say the UI is what's keeping me at it! Currently trying the WIUI Rom posted on this forum, going well so far.
I seem to notice a difference in fluidity between the Stock ROM and MIUI as well, and I wouldn't really say it's a placebo seeing as the Stock Rom is fairly stripped of memory consuming material.

Will you be going back to the QCS89 or the QCS99?

For me QCS89

Sorry for my english... i'm French...

I'm gonna have to give QCS89 a shot!
Did you flash it via recovery? I remember the last time I attempted was through the OTA updater which resulted in the disfunctioning touch screen.

Still tempted though.. Love the fact that MIUI has coloured emoji, and such a well done interface overall but I just miss the snappy feel of the stock Rom! Do you also agree that the stock seems to provide a more fluid experience?

And don't fret :) I understand you just fine.

Yes I flash it using recovery,

And i don't have any issues with the TouchScreen! Yes for me it's more fluid.

Yes I flash it using recovery,

And i don't have any issues with the TouchScreen! Yes for me it's more fluid.

Have you reflashed back to QCS89 now?
I wanna make a backup of the MIUI messaging app the camera app, absolutely dislike the ones found in the stock variant!

Edit: seems I still have the touch screen issue of QCS89. My device must have been with the newer batches, I don't know how to overcome it :(