TEST

HTC Sync Facebook Contacts

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by xadidas4lifex, Dec 31, 2010.

1. xadidas4lifex

xadidas4lifex Members

Hey does anyone know how to sync facebook and the contacts in miui?
    because I want to have the profile pictures of my friends just like in htc sense lol
  2. Google Adsense

3. EvoMadness

EvoMadness Members

Open FB app > Menu > Settings > "Sync Contacts" under "Other settings".
  4. xadidas4lifex

xadidas4lifex Members

Its not workin for me bro

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  5. xadidas4lifex

xadidas4lifex Members

Cause that's what I tried but it never worked

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  6. lucasfrm

lucasfrm Members

I use SyncMyPix, the GUI blows but it gets the job done and syncs the photo with gmail so its stored with the contacts.
  7. EvoMadness

EvoMadness Members

Did you make sure sync is on in your settings?

Settings > Personal > Accounts & Sync > Manage accounts. FB should be on.

That's what worked for me. Or try the above. Hope that helps.
  8. xadidas4lifex

xadidas4lifex Members

@EvoMadness

yea i checked that
    and it just synced my facebook friends to my phone...like all 1000 and sumthin of them lol
  9. bigrushdog

bigrushdog <b>Forum Donator</b>

Go into Accounts Sync. Remove your facebook account. Then add it back. Sign in and select "Sync with existing contacts". It will only import contacts and pics that you already have on your phone.
  10. Escobar301

Escobar301 Members

Facebook Sync

Similar problem but on my phone when i try to add a facebook account, it keeps going back to the 'Accounts & Sync Settings' screen.

Another problem i have is my gmail contacts will not sync. they are actually not even loading on the phone. I have already tried clearing the contacts storage, reset the phone

Please help.

UPDATE: i just tried this with a different google account and the contacts do sync. Anyone know why one account would not? The account that would not is the main account linked to google market, if that changes anything.
  11. mszynisz

mszynisz Members

I had a similar problem. Go to Facebook app and logout. Then remove the Facebook from the "Accounts & Sync Settings" and try to add it again. Worked for me at least.
  12. Nathanieladamking

Nathanieladamking Members

I don't use the facebook app, too dang slow, but I did find this app which will sync profile pictures with your contacts: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=heinrisch.contact.picture.sync

Works really well and even lets you choose which facebook profile goes with which contact in case it doesn't recognize it automatically..

Another nifty way is to use http://www.friendstogmail.com/ which will grab all of your friends info from facebook (profile, phone number, location) and export it to .csv which you can then import into google contacts.

Hope those help :p

Share Our Site