Tiamat 3.3.7 and MIUI 4.15

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by frettfreak, Apr 18, 2011.

1. frettfreak

frettfreak Members

all i have to say is WOW. I wasnt getting stellar battery life with the 3.3.5 kernel that was default to the rom, so i updated when i say Tiamat put out a new one.

Admittedly, this was with pretty mild use (some texting, a little web browsing, few games (not too long), couple phone calls, etc...) but i am 12% batter left and have been unplugged for: 1day 0 hours 25minutes!!!!

Gonna run it to 0 then put it to the test with a heavier use day!!!
  2. Google Adsense

3. saifulmuhajir

saifulmuhajir Members

I am flashing the Tiamat 3.3.7. Let's see what it got.
  4. ECrispy

ECrispy Members

How do you set the governor with Tiamat kernels?
  5. frettfreak

frettfreak Members

You can set it with SetCPU just like any other kernel. I did not however... I just installed it and let the system do the rest.

Here are my pretty close to final numbers!!!

Attached Files:

6. Orbit

Orbit Members

Are you using the SBC or non-SBC kernel?
  7. JasonK75

JasonK75 Members

I too am getting better life with the 3.3.7 and the new radio. I'm not using setcpu but an using the 75 under volt. I'm been using the phone as much as possible today and getting great results! Can't wait to see if out gets any bettera the kernel settles in! MIUI

Swyped from EVO (MIUI GB) using MIUI Forum App.
  8. Monkeybone

Monkeybone Members

Yeah, I'm on timat 3.5, and I cannot believe the life. At 75% and of the charger since 1 pm. 25% in 12 hours! I do have the seidio battery though, 1750 mah supposedly. Digging the sbc myself.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  9. Kenjari

Kenjari Members

Curious to get an update from frettfreak after a couple days of usage. (Today) That's usually when I see new kernals level out on a device.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  10. FoursightHO

FoursightHO Members

you mentioned new radio, which radio are you running?
  11. JasonK75

JasonK75 Members

12. frettfreak

frettfreak Members

Sorry for the delay. SBC for sure!
  13. frettfreak

frettfreak Members

14. EndlessDissent

EndlessDissent Members

Yeah, it was in the leaked ROM. I flashed it. It's working well for me.
  15. DarkMx2000

DarkMx2000 Members

I don't understand how those are the new ones when the current one that I have installed is 2.15.00.11.19

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  16. brownmc7

brownmc7 Members

Damn im wondering why I keep getting stuck at bootscreen? Any ideas?
  17. xcomp

xcomp Members

Any improvement in 3G speeds?
  18. justS

justS Members

I'm assuming you are asking because the one you have is a higher number? But the version is by date, November 19 2010 versus April 8 2011. No year indicator, but that is the way it works.
  19. nautalis

nautalis Members

I was reading a thread over on XDA about stellar battery results when running the leaked EVO GB rom. There was a post a few pages in that simply read, "sounds like the typical MIUI results." Made me smile. Stumbling upon this rom a good while back, I'm glad I did. I really appreciate all the work these devs do here to bring us these killer roms and kernals. If this was the way the EVO was release factory from Sprint, a certain popular phone might have been cut down to smithereens.
  20. EndlessDissent

EndlessDissent Members

Haven't had a good chance to test it yet. I just flashed it Sunday night, and I'm on vacation this week, so I haven't really had to leave my house. I'm going to another state to chill with some friends for 4/20, so I'll post a little update when I get back.

I can say that my wifi is about the same, though, not that it answers your question, but that's all I've been using for the last couple days.
  21. EndlessDissent

EndlessDissent Members

Yeah, it would have been better if they called it 2.15.01.04.08, just so it has a higher version number at least.

Share Our Site