TEST

HTC [TUTORIAL ]US Cellular MMS APN Settings

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by mschmitt01, Jan 25, 2011.

1. mschmitt01

mschmitt01 Forum donator

Okay. There continues to be questions popping up here and there for MMS APN setting for US Cellular. The following settings apply to any current Android phone from USCC. The first thing you need to do is go to settings and find out what your MSID is. Usually it is your phone number, however if you have ported your number from another carrier it may be different. To find out what your MSID is go to SETTINGS>ABOUT PHONE>MORE INFO>STATUS. Your MSID is the number in the MIN field. To add these settings you need to open the Voice Dialer app and speak "Open APNs." Hit the menu button and select "Add APN." Now comes the fun part. Enter the following settings in the fields provided. If the settings that I provided have an empty value, leave it that way. The MIUI rom will delete settings as they scroll off the screen if not saved. So fill in the values you can see and hit done. Then go back in and add the rest until finished. I know dphase was working on a way to make this easier, but until that time this is the way it has to be done. Hopefully this helps! ;)

Name: USCC
    APN: internet
    Proxy:
    Port: 80
    Username: yourMSID@uscc.net
    Password: yourMSID
    Server:
    MMSC: http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS
    MMS Proxy:
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 120
    Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP
    APN type: mms
  2. Google Adsense

3. dfgas

dfgas Members

I am on a mesmerize and I was wondering if you could help. I have all the stuff in open apns but it still doesn't download the mesages. i am wonder what we are missing? It tries to connect to the right server to send but "E/SendTransaction( 3008): java.io.IOException: Cannot establish route to 1937749414 for http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS" in logcat. any help would be awesome.
  4. thesubliminaljuggalo

thesubliminaljuggalo Members

Is 1937749414 part of your phone number? Looks like it'd be missing a digit if so.
  5. dfgas

dfgas Members

nope, that is not my number at all. not sure what that is, lol.

Share Our Site