Samsung What do you think about cMiui?

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by WSouBar, Jul 30, 2012.

1. WSouBar

WSouBar Members

Hi guys,

I give cmiui 2.7.20 a try this weekend and I found it very buggy on my sgs2.
    I don't know if I did something wrong, but I thing miui android is much more stable than cmiui.

how do you guys feel about that rom?
  2. Google Adsense

3. black_mamba

black_mamba Members

same here.. i tried prev builds of cMiui and found it buggy on my SGS2, in terms of navigation and sometimes random restarts(not so often, but it did happen, and after restart there was deep fall in battery %age) and decreased battery life..
    Even tried Kaffee4Eck which is also a CM base Miui ROM. Pretty much the same result. :/
    So shifted back to OG Miui. :D. Works like a charm. ;)
  4. chillzz

chillzz Members

Is is stable as cm9 is. I had no random restart in the last weeks. The battery fall has nothing to do with the rom. Its a known issue with the fuel gauge.
  5. black_mamba

black_mamba Members

you mean fuel gauge for sgs2?
  6. divansantana

divansantana Members

I find cMIUI more stable and more polished. Far better than the stock MIUI IMO
    dp4u4umi6ev likes this.
  7. black_mamba

black_mamba Members

hmm..for a change, i'll install cMIUI update for this week(2.8.3), lets see how it works for me this time. :D
  8. Rexboy

Rexboy Members

Running cMIUI 2.8.3 for the last few days. Was running RGUI MIUI prior and overall find it very stable. Everything works as it should, next to no lag, lockscreen functioning well, like the CM9 base so there are few more UI tweak options but yet still have the MIUI look.
    Only problem i had was not recognising the SD but with remountSD, it now works great.
    Camera is faster too etc. I think its a good move to capturing the best of both worlds :)
    Also running latest Siyah with it and battery life for me is great
  9. black_mamba

black_mamba Members

So, i stand corrected..cMIUI is really stable(2.8.3) and smooth now(and crt off is also included :D), and with more tweaks than stock miui. Apparently am using Siyah Kernel(4.0.1) and there is no issue, it works pretty darn good.
    Though battery life is still an issue, drains faster than stock miui(especially while browsing or using internet apps much), currently using conservative governor.
  10. brook51

brook51 Members

Hello guys. I have the latest cMIUI (2.8.3) with Siyah Kernel (4.0.1). I tried to enable the "Cloud Message" feature but it seems that the option cannot be toggled (the bar option appears as grey colour). What do I have to do to enable the feature?
  11. Sarvesvara Dasa

Sarvesvara Dasa Members

I am in 2.9.7 now. Using this after I was in PA & CM10. This is cool and stable. :)
  12. bagi00

bagi00 Members

Do you have bugs?beacuse i love the JB rom...but i'm not shure if install it!
  13. Sarvesvara Dasa

Sarvesvara Dasa Members

So far so good. Have u used any other JB ROMs?
  14. bagi00

bagi00 Members

yes the resurrection remix, more stable as cMIUI! but i love miui's visualization and layout! Does the vibration work on your device?
  15. Sarvesvara Dasa

Sarvesvara Dasa Members

I didn't bother to check the vibration. And yes - it doesn't work.

If I fallback, I would use Paranoid Android ;)
  16. bagi00

bagi00 Members

Shame...oh yes, i read that's also a good ROM! I'll try it ^^.
  17. Sarvesvara Dasa

Sarvesvara Dasa Members

I am now on dual boot between... MIUI & Resuression Remix. Both with 160 DPI :p
  18. King_Rat

King_Rat Members

cMIUI was buggy for me... might have been the dual boot kernel I was running ^^^

orig. MIUI running as second rom w/o issue :MIUI-FTW:
  19. Sarvesvara Dasa

Sarvesvara Dasa Members

Well, now I am on MIUI - pure MIUI ;)
  20. black_mamba

black_mamba Members

since cMIUI development has been stopped. Now a1exander is continuing the project, and a1exanderMIUI is not so buggy, it is fast and gives better battery backup! (Y) :D
  21. chillzz

chillzz Members

a1exander doesn't continue the project, he starts his own and cMIUI development hasn't stopped.

Share Our Site