What is the best kernel for SGS 2?

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by tenchi0205, Oct 30, 2011.

1. wax_digital

wax_digital Members

Ah, right. I got the impression cache and dalvik stored my settings or something? So if I wipe those and flash the kernel I will still come back to my apps and homescreen setup etc?

Not messed around with the backup option before... interesting....
  2. boxcarracer81

boxcarracer81 Members

They cache your apps and processes for faster access. After wiping your phone needs longer to reboot. You can also use backup in cwm, for entire system backup, but Miui backup works fine after you do a factoryreset and clean install. ;)
  3. wax_digital

wax_digital Members

Excellent. Just flashed latest Siyah kernel so will see how it fares overnight when I'm not messing around with the phone! Haha. Thanks for the help
  4. SilverMist1

SilverMist1 Members

5. wax_digital

wax_digital Members

Sounds good. Will give this update a try first but if it's still draining battery I'll give xcell a download... bookmarking now ;)
  6. boxcarracer81

boxcarracer81 Members

Also install the extweaks app! ;) I use lulzactive governor and have some settings tweaked for battery performance and some for performance. I have GPU rendering forced on in developer settings, then in extweaks scaled the gpu on step up, so it's really responsive. There is a lot to configure, it ain't that hard so give it a go ;) (I also use voltagecontrol app to downscale cpu to max 1000mhz)
  7. wax_digital

wax_digital Members

I'll have a play about with it but will have to do some reading first. Have no idea how to tweak yet
  8. wax_digital

wax_digital Members

So... left the phone at around 80% battery last night and in the morning the battery was totally flat :eek: recharged it and since then it seems to be stupidly good. It was at 100% and in the space of around 4 hours I've had a call which lasted 36 minutes, sent 3 texts, messed around on the internet for another 10 mins and it's standing at 89%. That's pretty good going! Will see how long it lasts without another charge
  9. boxcarracer81

boxcarracer81 Members

if you install extweaks app you can use the function reset fuel gauge. There can be some issues with the kernel and battery stats. After resetting it takes a few hours, then it will give you the right %. Recharge and you´re good to go! For me this fixed a lot of those unexplainable drains of more than 10% in a short time.

[​IMG]
  10. wax_digital

wax_digital Members

Coolio. I've just reset it so will see what happens. Realistically I probably won't be able to compare it to everyday use until it's been in use for a few days as my habits change during weekdays and weekends
  11. mrjoy

mrjoy Members

can anyone tell for galaxy s3 best battery life kernel?
  12. androsland

androsland Members

I see that this post is a bit outdated. Is there an update on which kernel is the best for galaxy s 2 I-9100?
  13. bboy

bboy Members

I would also Like to know. Someone please reply
  14. Clydeft

Clydeft Members

Siyah is working great for me so far.. but i don't change what isnt broken..
  15. Alejo2011

Alejo2011 Members

I agree with Clydeft...but you may test with other kernels like jeboo, philz or apollo. But be careful bcz you could damage root permissions under miui and you have to flash a superuser manager throug custom recovery like lbesec

Share Our Site