LG When is MIUI 4.0 will be available for O2x ?

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by yusuf00786, Jan 12, 2012.

1. yusuf00786

yusuf00786 Members

Dear Friends,

Just want to know whether when MIUI 4.0 ICS for O2x is going to be available. Is there any work under progress ?. Just a wild thought.......

Rgds,

Yusuf00786
  2. Google Adsense

3. Zoldborso

Zoldborso Members

I don't think any MIUI dev cares about the O2x...

Küldve az én Optimus 2X-emről Tapatalk használatával.
  4. yusuf00786

yusuf00786 Members

Actually I partially agree with you that MIUI dev dont care about the O2x... but yes its true that the our beloved O2x does not get fast response like other devices. I still think that some devs would be working on it.... Thats why I had asked the question but unfortunately this topic got 106 views but no one was interested in replying except you my friend....hope that some one may give us the positive reply on the same......
    hard_weasel likes this.
  5. Zoldborso

Zoldborso Members

I think they just make the weekly update with the buildbot... I'm using WajkIUI now as it has some optimization...

btw where did that TreyM guy go?

It is still funny how usb mass storage freezes the phone unless you use multimount.

Küldve az én Optimus 2X-emről Tapatalk használatával.
  6. xXZaufiXx

xXZaufiXx Members

It is really disapointing that noone cares about our device. They just release the weekly update without changing anything for the 2X.
    Why they don‘t base miui on the lastest nightly? Why we have to wait for the next stable cm7 release??

I use miui cause i like the design and i will never change to cm7 again... but there are heavy bugs since first release and noone fixed it!

Hope some miui devs gonna read this and change something now, there is a big group of disapointed P990 users!

Gesendet von meinem Optimus 2X mit Tapatalk
  7. yusuf00786

yusuf00786 Members

My friend I guess we all users of optimus 2x on this beloved site has to raise our opinion here on this forum but seems no one is caring that enough, still today we have 294 views on this topic but 4 people reply to it.... just think when we are not serious enough or when we only don't demand or think in different ways for our device than who else will care ......

rgds,
  8. shuy3n

shuy3n Members

Code:
    Nvidia Hal

It's hard to fix things without the correct tools
  9. Zoldborso

Zoldborso Members

You don't need Nvidia to fix the Mass Storage bug for example... If I'd know how to I already did this, but I don't know shit about miui&how android works apart from the basics.
  10. yusuf00786

yusuf00786 Members

Hello TreyM, People at MIUIandroid are searching you for some questions, need your opinion my friend....

Rgds,
  11. tzuik

tzuik Members

LG O2X is not dead!

Hello, I read today that when Google makes ICS public LG will make a ROM upgrade to ICS for LG Optimus 2X! So fear not, if MIUI doesn't do it, LG will! They posted an article on their facebook official page so we just have to wait for google now... which sux but it's worth the wait. I LOVE MIUI and what they did to android but I don't understand the lack of interest in our smartphone, it is one of the best on the market with awesome build and features!
    To this day the FLASH makes the rom crash and reboot if you keep the flash long enough for the screen to lock and turn off.
    the microSD can't be detected properly
    the FM Radio is not working
    the nVidia drivers are missing - that is nVidia's fault for not giving the Tegra2 source code so no blame to MIUI
    But there are so many things that need to be fixed that it makes me wanna go back to my old HD2, even that one has ICS by now! and even Ubuntu and MeeGo!
    I am sad because all of this and if I had the money (my boss got me the phone for work purposes) I would buy one for the devs here to work it out. Or we can collect money for one if it is needed!

Cheers from Romania!
  12. Zoldborso

Zoldborso Members

Don't expect ICS from LG anytime soon. And I won't pay a single cent after seeing what TreyM did (nothing). I'd rather support Wajk.

Küldve az én Optimus 2X-emről
  13. bumrobJopmema

bumrobJopmema Members

When is MIUI 4 0 will be available for O2x

That thread is almost 2 months old and it doesnt reply to all our questions
    It only says what we already know for a long time
    Alpha Prime will have a exclusive DRM INFECTED online only English edition
    The only new part which has not yet been confirmed or since then no new news have been given to us after almost 2 months is they are in negotiations to release the game in a the US Retail market
    And with no new news he are starting to question if its really true or was it only to try and fool us when so many were complaining in this forum
    Like giving a candy to a kid...

Two months have passed and no new news, so what are we supposed to think now?
  14. Mihai84

Mihai84 Members

Hello guys, where can I find a step-by-step for dummies tutorial for installing a custom ROM for LG Optimus 2X P990 that is totally tested and it works?
    I used for rooting SuperOneClick v2.3.3.0 -- but I think it didn't made the root very well.
    I tried to load .zip ROM with 4.0.0.5 modaco clockworkmod
    After I followed some steps from a forum I didn't manage to load a ROM corectlly -- after installing from SD after device restart it blocks when LG logo appears.
    So this is how I quit trying and return to stock 2.3.4 V20q
    Please help me! :(
  15. tzuik

tzuik Members

1. When you have factory default ROM you have to download from the internet SuperOneClick v2.3.3 to root the smartphone, follow the steps found on the webpage.
    2. After the phone is rooted, download from market ROM Manager and install Clockworkmod, top thing that appears when you start the program on the phone.
    3. After that is installed you can download the rom from this site and put it on the microSD or on the internal card.
    4. power off the phone and then press volume down key + power and hold them until clockworkmod recovery appears.
    5. to operate in this mode use volume arrows to move up/down and power button to select options
    6. wipe data, wipe cache, go to advanced and wipe Dalvik cache
    7. go to install zip from sdcard and choose the location where you put it (internal or external)
    8. select the zip and press power button to start the instalation
    9. it will take a while to finish but when it says "install complete" just go back and reboot phone, MIUI should be online.
    10. bugs i know of:
    a) phone locks when you use flash light and the screen goes off, after a few seconds, better use the flash light from "swiss army knife" app on the market
    b) if automatic back-light is activated you might have screen flickers, better put it on manual
    c) problems playing youtube content, install "MX Video Player" with its addon for tegra 2 processor and it should be fine
    d) the microSD doesn't show the size, only internal space is shown but you can browse it and use it's space w/o problems.
  16. Mihai84

Mihai84 Members

10x tzuik :) I did quite the same but it didn't work for me, I will try again.
    See ya!
  17. geurt

geurt Members

18. redh4t

redh4t Members

There is Miui v4 ICS beta version for O2X. It is just hardware acceleration do not work and mobile data which is the main thing for me do not work. I hope it'll work soon.

Download link

Share Our Site